Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: China - 9/20/07 **Season Premiere**

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Once again they decided to put a contestant on the show that is afraid to be outdoors.
Old 09-20-07, 08:09 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Once again they decided to put a contestant on the show that is afraid to be outdoors.
... and another .

And for the record, I liked Chicken, so I knew he'd be gone.
Old 09-20-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like how the flight attendant "pushed" Aaron into the leadership role so that he wouldn't have to assume it.

Guess what, jackass, you weren't a candidate!
Old 09-20-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I can't wait for the annoying super skinny blonde from NY to get the boot.

Go James!
Old 09-20-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn!
Old 09-20-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,893 Posts
Originally Posted by Howiefan
She's a christian radio host and didn't want to participate at the welcome Buddhist ceremony in a temple because it felt like worship to her.
If it don't come from JESUS, it comes from SATAN! No exceptions.
Old 09-20-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
Damn!
My wife yelled 'Damn!' like Chicken at the end of the show and scared the shit out of our dog.
Old 09-20-07, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"We have pot!"
Old 09-20-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm watching Survivor for the first time ever because of Ashley and Jean-Robert.
Old 09-20-07, 09:29 PM

OH, Hell No! I hope the Yellow team suffers dearly now for voting off Chicken. Up until that point, it was a very promising start to a new season.
Old 09-20-07, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
That made no sense at all...if you worship Jesus Christ, you're religious. If you're not religious, you don't worship Jesus. I have no problem with her being preachy if it's actually what she believes, but then she says she's not religious. Sounds like she's a bit confused.
Alot of people like to say they're "spiritual", but firmly deny that they're religious. That's sort of where this fundy person is coming from. "Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship!". That sort of thing.

I think the argument is stupid either way, but in her mind I'm sure it makes perfect sense.
Old 09-20-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,893 Posts
Don't you just love it when the first person a Survivor team votes out is the one who actually knows how to live off of the land?

"Chicken knows how to hunt, fish, start fires, and build shelters out of logs. Let's get rid of him. We don't need him around. One time we put a tent in our back yard camped out over night."

"You had a back yard?"

"Yeah, with a big fence and everything."
Old 09-20-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
This was the first time I tuned in to survivor since the horrible vanantuu season, everythng seemed good, I was kind of sad to see Chicken get voted out, the dude was farmer from virginia he probably knows how to survive in the outdoors better than anyone there. The grave digger probably won't last long becuase everyone will see him as a threat.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-20-07 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-20-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

btw the chick who walked out of the budhist temple deserved to be slapped across the face. You are a vistor in a foreign country, and you should show respect to the people and their culture.
Old 09-20-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Chicken was too stubborn in his "strategy" of not wanting any of his ideas to produce a negative outcome, so he just became far too uncommital to any direction for the camp construction/etc, and became expendable due to his social awkwardness amongst the rest of the tribe. Chicken did it to himself by not stepping up and assuming some responsibility around the camp when called upon, and he did it in an overt way which turned off the rest of his tribemates.
Old 09-20-07, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
btw the chick who walked out of the budhist temple deserved to be slapped across the face. You are a vistor in a foreign country, and you should show respect to the people and their culture.
She wasn't being disrespectful. You can't expect someone to just drop their beliefs to placate others. Kind of lame for Survivor to put her in that position and for Anal Probst to make a big deal out of it. I actually respect that she did it and was unapologetic. She had an actual spiritual issue with it and excused herself from the situation. Nothing wrong with that. Would you have a problem if a black person excused themself from a KKK ceremony? The one who was being disrespectful was the blond NYC bimbo, who was smirking the whole way thru the ceremony.

Last edited by cdollaz; 09-20-07 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-20-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe so, but you are right about the NYC chick, I hope she doesn't last long. All she did was talk about everyone else who annoyed her.
Old 09-20-07, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
She wasn't being disrespectful. You can't expect someone to just drop their beliefs to placate others. Kind of lame for Survivor to put her in that position and for Anal Probst to make a big deal out of it.
I also thought that beginning thing was lame, it was almost like a gimic they setup just for her...unless the commies required it.
Old 09-20-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

James = guy from Green Mile
Heh, me and the wife both said that at the same time.
Old 09-20-07, 11:24 PM

Well damn, didn't want to see Chicken go so soon...but being too stubborn to give an opinion makes you a certain target. It really does look like the yellow team could pull a Ulong...don't have much hope for them winning anything.

Not a bad episode, until the end when Jiffy gave them lit torches and flint to take back to camp. What happened to the good old days of Survivor when you had to earn your fire/flint?
Old 09-20-07, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe so, but you are right about the NYC chick, I hope she doesn't last long. All she did was talk about everyone else who annoyed her.
and to think I thought I was done with whiny blondes after 3 months of it...

maybe Dick has another daughter?
Old 09-21-07, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

James = guy from Green Mile
"I bury People"
Old 09-21-07, 01:55 AM
Banned

She wasn't being disrespectful. You can't expect someone to just drop their beliefs to placate others. Kind of lame for Survivor to put her in that position and for Anal Probst to make a big deal out of it. I actually respect that she did it and was unapologetic. She had an actual spiritual issue with it and excused herself from the situation. Nothing wrong with that. Would you have a problem if a black person excused themself from a KKK ceremony? The one who was being disrespectful was the blond NYC bimbo, who was smirking the whole way thru the ceremony.
Excellent point...one that should resonate with those whose faith lies in "reason" (such as "Reason Fundamentalist" Sam Harris).
Old 09-21-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The ones who deserve to be slapped across the face are Burnett (for creating that obvious set-up) and Probst (for once again going out of his way to create drama). "Gee, why don't we go in this church here, kneel, and place our hands together while we bow in front of this statue of Jesus - it's not religious!"

If any Survivor deserves to be slapped across the face it's Courtney.

When I saw the yellow tribe in action all I could think was: "Damn! Looks like Burnett is bringing TiTOW back to CBS."

Poor Chicken makes a point of not being another B.B. and still gets shit-canned first.

Last edited by the big train; 09-21-07 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-21-07, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope James can "survive" the long stretch with all that muscle mass. They guy is freakin' huge!. He seems like a nice guy though. Very smart and low key.

I liked how the Christian lady kind of took him under her wing. I've forgiven her for her little temple episode

PS Could it be anymore obvious that wrestling lady has implants??

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.