Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 4400 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mya looked to be about 3"-4" taller than last season.

Sean's going to be fighting his battles on 2 fronts, never a good thing.

So Isabelle has Wolverine's healing factor.

Tom and Alana's relationship is so bizarre sometimes.

Diana's going to have her hands full with that mad scientist trying to become #4401 the hard way.

I really thought they were going to get rid of Peter Coyote too (along with Laura Allen) with that early stabbing sequence, but it looks like Ryland is here to stay this season.
Old 06-12-06, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone else getting major 'X-men' vibes? I mean its always been there, but now its getting close to plagerism, lol...

Laura Allen did press for this season, so I am still confused (and annoyed) that they used a different actress (it wouldn't have been the hard to do make for two episodes)... it really pisses me off that they replaced her!

The whole episode kinda annoyed me, I mean on one hand it seems like a lot happend tonight, and on the other it seems like almost nothign happend... Click the link to my TV blogs for a longer version of my thoughts, lol...
Old 06-12-06, 02:29 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
my god, is that Tippi Hedren playing 'old' Lily?

sad to see a Hollywood legend doing a bit part on a show like this...but at least the cash is going to save some animals...
Old 06-12-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
Laura Allen did press for this season, so I am still confused (and annoyed) that they used a different actress (it wouldn't have been the hard to do make for two episodes)... it really pisses me off that they replaced her!
I'm still hoping for a Collier-esque resurrection. Isabelle's got a LeeloDallasMultiPass thing going on... Too bad she isn't as hot a Milla.
Old 06-12-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is anyone else getting major 'X-men' vibes? I mean its always been there, but now its getting close to plagerism, lol...
Absolutely. My friend wanted me to get into this show. She had me watch the recap and then we watched the season opener.

First thing I thought when I saw Isabelle...oooh Wolverine and Storm had a love child.

After watching a few more minutes I told my friend if a guy comes out in a wheelchair then I'm done.

I'm on the fence about this one...
Old 06-12-06, 10:42 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Just caught the beginning of the episode (the rest is sitting on my DVR, waiting for me), but I'm glad that Lilly is gone. She had become very annoying and didn't really add much to the show after Isabelle was born.

And, adult Isabelle is the same girl that played Nicole Palmer, in season one of 24. She's quite pretty, to say the least.

Last edited by Vipper II; 06-12-06 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-12-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yawn.

I hate to be negative, because I loved the first season so much. But this really seemed like more of the mediocre 2nd season. Tons of melodrama and not much that moves the plot forward. Plus, I think it shows how little I'm actually enjoying this when they kill off a major character (something that I wasn't expecting) and my reaction is... well, I had no reaction. I don't care. And, honestly, the other characters didn't seem to care much either.

It would have been more interesting to keep Tippi around for a while and play off the conflict of one character getting more developed at the physical expense of the other. Put some drama behind the search for the cure, the reasons behind these changes, etc. But it went nowhere and they wrapped it up quickly. Par for the course with this show.

I'll hang in for a while, but I'm tiring very quickly of the soap opera nature of the show. There's SO MUCH they could do with this... but instead, they seem to spin their wheels, doing a watered down mesh of X-Men, V, and a few other shows.
Old 06-12-06, 05:19 PM

Can someone explain to me why the writters felt that Diana and geek guy have to be a couple? I really hate that sidestory.
Old 06-12-06, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Reading between the lines of this statement http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=36546 it seems like the network was looking for a few places to save some money and unfortunately Lilly was one such place.

No one is every hesistant in throwing an actor under the bus when they want more money, but Behr goes out of his way to blame no one. (make me think he doesn't want to piss off the bosses who sign his check for their greediness)
Old 06-12-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent watched it yet. Is Kyle back?
Old 06-12-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I havent watched it yet. Is Kyle back?
He wasn't in this episode.
Spoiler:
Rumors are he won't be coming back to the show.
Old 06-13-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

He wasn't in this episode.
Rumors are he won't be coming back to the show.
Oh hell no!!! I really liked this show but everything I'm reading about this current season (which was suppose to be the most exciting and best) is making it sound worse and worse...
Old 06-13-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally watched the episode and though I am glad they are getting away from the 4400 of the week plots, which I hated, this episode wasn't very interesting or exciting.
Old 06-13-06, 06:23 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Oh hell no!!! I really liked this show but everything I'm reading about this current season (which was suppose to be the most exciting and best) is making it sound worse and worse...
It's only been one episode, and there are 11 or 12 more. Don't be so quick to judge when it's this early in the game.
Old 06-13-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know it's early but so far the series isn't drawing me in like the previous seasons. I agree with the other posters that said the premiere seemed very slow. I was looking at my watch with 20 minutes to go because I knew they were going to hold any real plot developments until the final minute before the credits rolled.
Old 06-19-06, 12:32 PM

Anyone watch last night? The best parts were with Shawn and Isabelle almost getting together, which is quite creepy since she was just a baby (literally).
Old 06-19-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Better episode than the first, but they lost so much by losing Lily. What happened to Lily's real daughter? Guess we will never know. I have lost all faith and nearly all interest in this show. Too bad, because the potential was there for a great show.
Old 06-20-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Haven't watched the second ep of S3 yet, but the first left me a little underwhelmed. The show was never great - despite a promising premise - and things like the "alternate reality" subplot with Alanna (even with her own special hotness) from S2 were a ridiculous ploy to quickly introduce a new character with back story without having to actually develop one.

The old Lilly thing was at least interesting, conceptually, and as I much as I hate to see Laura Allen gone (from a strictly eye candy perspective) it at least shows a glimmer of hope for things in season three.

The actress who plays the grown up Isabelle is really godawful, but I don't know if it's because she's trying to sound like she just mastered speech and is still learning. But her halted line reads and wide-eyed stares are driving me nuts.

I'll give it another ep or two to see if things fall in line a little more, but this may be it for me.
Old 06-20-06, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm officially bailing on the show. I've stuck with it since day one, but it hasn't been enjoyable for a long time. It is just simply not well-written any more.

When I (as the viewer) am about 8 steps ahead of all of the characters and can think of about a dozen ways to get out of a situation that they are "stuck" in, it ceases to be fun to watch.

This was lazy, lazy writing.
Old 06-21-06, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I deleted both new eps off the TiVo last night because I couldn't get motivated to watch them. Apparently, I'm not missing much.
Old 06-21-06, 12:23 PM

It was never well written but it always had a glimmer of promise.

But all of these characters act so dumb. Every episode I know whats happening way before everyone else does. It's no fun. The 4400 helper guy is evil, but no one else figured it out? Shawn is gonna sleep with Isabel but I knew that at the beginning of the last ep. That dumpy kid is the changling. But it takes Tom an extra 5 minutes to realize it.

This show is bad.

D
Old 06-26-06, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6/25/06

I'll reserve comment on Maia's subplot until next week's episode.

Isabella is becoming more and more bold, showing Matthew a small taste of the power she wields. Sean's grip on the center is slipping away as Matthew and Richard move in for the power-sharing agreement after Sean's bad decision making with the 4400 terror cell network. Tom has to wonder what is going on with Alana and the woman from a previous case, as they work at the center now.

Sean's got some dicey tight-rope walking, engaging in a sexual relationship with a still immature but rapidly evolving Isabelle. Her appetite for power/control seems to be also ratcheting up, and Sean's going to left holding the bag.

So, is Diane preggers? Seems like the obvious writer's shorthand whenever a female character starts to toss her cookies with no other cause shown.
Old 06-26-06, 01:12 AM

This is a nerdy nitpick but.....

When Tom and Diane are searching for Maia, they're driving through a neighborhood.
Diane looks to the side and says 'Stop the car!' because she sees something.
A few seconds later, the car is stopped and they both run -forward- to a house with butterflies on the gate (which is down a short driveway).

Wouldn't the house have been -behind- them, unless Diane has crazy good vision and can see through bushes and Toms reaction time to stop the car would have to be incredible.

It just irked me.
D
Old 06-26-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman

Tom has to wonder what is going on with Alana and the woman from a previous case, as they work at the center now.
She seemed a lot more like Marina than Alana in this episode.
Old 06-26-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
So, is Diane preggers? Seems like the obvious writer's shorthand whenever a female character starts to toss her cookies with no other cause shown.
Possibly, but I just took it to mean she was physically sick at not knowing where Maia was and nothing more than that.

I almost didn't watch this episode, but we had nothing else on the DVR and my wife insisted. I'm very glad I did as this seemed to really take off towards something. I just hope it doesn't fizzle out.

How about those Wonder Twins power? That was some freaky shit.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.