Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Sopranos - "The Blue Comet" - 6/03/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos - "The Blue Comet" - 6/03/07

Old 06-04-07, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh? Agent Harris clearly telling Tony that his problem in Brooklyn has put a hit out on him won't lead to more murder? Harris has been there from the beginning; and is aware of the fact that both Big P*ssy and Adrianna have "disappeared" under Tony's administration; while Tony may be responsible for a few murders himself.

Agent Harris knows exactly who Tony is and what he does...
Old 06-04-07, 09:44 AM

We see something explode in front of AJ in the previews to next week's finale so it might not be that much of a stretch for that to happen Shannon.
Old 06-04-07, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw
I really liked Agent Harris tipping off Tony. Agent Harris seemed disillusioned with where he ended up, and I don't think telling Tony "led to more murder." It was almost like he felt like he owed it to him after all these years, and I thought it was cool.

I was if Tony was regretting killing Christopher? Though he would've been a huge target, he also could've helped fight back. Farming out the hit on Phil (the head of the NY family) to two totally inept Italians, plus the whole way it was bungled and pushed from Bobby to Patsi on down, was just plain odd.
I agree, I've always liked Agent Harris. As far as the botched hit, and the passing down the responsibility from one the next was just to show that NJ crew is really a joke. As Phil said 5 families and this little piss-ant crew in NJ. Great episode, and season.
Old 06-04-07, 09:50 AM

Christopher would have been useless at this point due to the car crash injuries. Either Tony was going to kill him, he would have died of injuries or the NY crew would have got him while in the hospital.
Old 06-04-07, 10:00 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Great episode. Should be a great finale. The only thing that could have made this episode and the finale better is if Chris was still alive to back Tony up.
I echo that.

What a way to go out! There was no denying my complete immersion into this episode. I was literally on the edge of my chair screaming at my TV screen throughout the episode. I'm sorry, but after the episode exercised me so, I can't deny that it is the finest hour of television drama that I've personally witnessed.

I've always thought of the impending war in terms of size and power. To me, there is no way that New Jersey could beat New York. So, if it was simply that kind of war, I was prepared for many bodybags for the Sopranos family. But when Tony said he was calling for reinforcement from Italy, in my mind I've already put together: NJ + Italy >>> New York. Who knew the shooters that would arrive would be incompetent.

It was sad to see Bobby go. Silvio has always been one of my favorites from the crew, so I hate that he couldn't shoot his way out as well. It was touching to see how Tony relayed the information to his family. I like how Tony snapped on AJ and dragged him across the floor, making a point that he must be stronger and if necessary, become the man of the family. All very powerful stuff that you simply can't find anywhere else.

I can't wait for the finale, but I truly believe we've seen the best show of the season (and arguably the series) last night.
Old 06-04-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Dumb question but I must have missed something.

How did the two Italians just happen to find a guy that looked like Phil? Were they just driving around looking for a grey haired man and came upon some poor sap and shot him?
Old 06-04-07, 10:14 AM

Wheres Benny at?, why is that other guy there? I thought that Benny looked a lot like Larry from 3s Company when he was up in Tonys room after the crash.
Old 06-04-07, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by cungar
Dumb question but I must have missed something.

How did the two Italians just happen to find a guy that looked like Phil? Were they just driving around looking for a grey haired man and came upon some poor sap and shot him?
Phil was supossed to be at his girlfriends house, maybe that was her neighbor.
Old 06-04-07, 10:26 AM

They were at the right house. They thought the man walking in was Phil. It turned out that Phil's goomah lives with her father. The hitmen saw a silver-haired man, and thought it was Phil.

At this point, Phil already went into hiding once he ordered the hit on Tony.
Old 06-04-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when they sent for the people from Italy, I was half hoping that Furio would show up
Old 06-04-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I think that Phil's complaints about NJ's ceremony for "made" guys was a clue for the next episode.
Old 06-04-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find it odd that they continue to have actors names in the opening credits when those actors are no longer on the show.

In past seasons, when a main character was eliminated, so was their name. When Victor Pastore was eliminated, his name disappeared. So did Nancy Marchand, and the actor who played Johnny Sac.

But this season, they continue to post Michael Imperosi, and Dominic Chinase, and why? Too lazy to go and erase their names?! Doesn't make sense.
Old 06-04-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bobby deserved to get hit. He was a sloppy mob guy, to say the least. Distracted, not focused on work, playing with his choo-choos - what kind of behavior is that for the #3 Guy in Tony's Crew?

He got whacked for being a dumisky. If he was more of a man, he might have seen the writing on the wall and concentrated on the business at hand.

He also dies with murder in his soul - a few weeks earlier, he wouldn't have had murder on his conscience. Bad timing. Hopefully God sees the difference between murder (ie a psycho or a soldier).
Old 06-04-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron Chef
when they sent for the people from Italy, I was half hoping that Furio would show up
That's what I thought that look was for.
Old 06-04-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Excellent episode last night. Easily one of the best episodes I've seen of ANY TV series, ever. Extremely tense considering once the whacking started you knew anyone could have been hit at any time. And they were.

Definitely a shame about Bobby, he's always been one of my favorite guys on the crew. It was even worse because we (the viewer) could see it coming as soon as he left his cell phone in the car, but he had no clue.

Same goes for Sil. I wish he would've got a few more shots off. How the hell did Patsi miss both of those guys with all the shots he fired? I'm hoping he's not dead, but after they mentioned he probably wouldn't regain consciousness I'm pretty sure he's gone.

I'm majorly psyched for next week. It's got a lot to live up to but something tells me it's going to hit just as hard. Here's to hoping Phil gets whacked but good...

Last edited by islandclaws; 06-04-07 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-04-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i hope phil gets killed but i am thinking they will have a scarface ending
Old 06-04-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kinetic
well if phil does win you can always go watch joe Pesce kill phil in goodfellas
Yeah so why dont you go ahead and get your fucking shinebox...
Old 06-04-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

man... i am counting the days but cant wait... just give us the final... this wait is just as bad as waiting for heroes to come out of hiatus...
Old 06-04-07, 11:58 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
At the end of the show...is that Uncle Junior's house they are holed up at?

Thos.
Old 06-04-07, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
I find it odd that they continue to have actors names in the opening credits when those actors are no longer on the show.

But this season, they continue to post Michael Imperosi, and Dominic Chinase, and why? Too lazy to go and erase their names?! Doesn't make sense.
It all depends on the actor's contract and what kind of role they have under guild rules. Michael Imperioli and Dominic Chianese must be series regulars for the whole run of the series, so their names remain in the credits.

For example, Michael Muhney was a series regular on Veronica Mars and appeared in the credits of every episode, even though he didn't appear in every episode and even after his character died several episodes before the end of the season.

It's all contracts and SAG rules, without having any bearing on the storylines of the show.
Old 06-04-07, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Thos19

Thos.
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 06-04-07, 12:18 PM

Does anyone know if the final episode will be just an hour long or 2 hours?
Old 06-04-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 89981
THE SOPRANOS 86: MADE IN AMERICA
Running Time: 60 minutes
Old 06-04-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 196 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by 89981
I think it was originally supposed to be 2 hours, or at least longer than an hour, but the last I heard, the final one clocks in at 57 minutes.

It's also had a title change...it wasn't originally called "Made In America" (which was Chase's original title for the show, BTW), but "Going Home".
Old 06-04-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Thos19

Thos.
I thought it was the house Tony grew up in. That's why the final scene was so powerful, he was lying in his childhood bed with a huge freaking gun.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.