the Sopranos -- "Kennedy And Heidi" -- 05.13.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the Sopranos -- "Kennedy And Heidi" -- 05.13.2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved this episode! I also think the final scene in the show will be Tony and his wife at the ice cream palor or pizza parlor where they first meet and Comfortably numb is playing on the juxbox.
Old 05-15-07, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by danstheday
I loved this episode! I also think the final scene in the show will be Tony and his wife at the ice cream palor or pizza parlor where they first meet and Comfortably numb is playing on the juxbox.
That would suck like nothing ever sucked in the Kingdom of Suck in Suckland on the Planet of Suck at the center of the suckaverse. It might be cool if the show was titled "The Story Of Us" and starred Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer... but no it would suck then too.

Sad thing is that's probably close to what's gonna happen. They've clearly run out of any creativity so re-running a song for the 3rd time in the background of a pointless scene sounds right on track to me.

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Alot of people are saying this season sucks. Do you think if these episodes werent the last youd still be saying the same thing?...
Yes.
Old 05-15-07, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
That would suck like nothing ever sucked in the Kingdom of Suck in Suckland on the Planet of Suck at the center of the suckaverse. It might be cool if the show was titled "The Story Of Us" and starred Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer... but no it would suck then too.
According to spoilers

Spoiler:
They went back to do reshoots and one took place in an ice cream parlor
Old 05-15-07, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by illini420
At first I thought Tony killing Chris was just his way of helping out his friend. I mean, it really looked like Chris was a goner anyway so I thought it looked like Tony was easing his pain, a euthanasia move. But, I'm thinking I was just trying too hard to see the good in Tony... Great episode. Makes me want to go back to Caesars' Palace.

I was thinking the same. He was gonna die within minutes anyway..........
Old 05-15-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Alot of people are saying this season sucks. Do you think if these episodes werent the last you'd still be saying the same thing?
yes!
Old 05-15-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTE=mzupeman2]'It was a stupid sendoff'... I see that a lot.

Seriously, people just die in freak accidents man. There was a car accident. Chris probably would have died anyways. They say he may have been able to live but that's a very big if.[/QUOTE
what i was pointing out was his death was not anywhere near as dramatic or powerful as Adrianas or Pussys...thus the downhill slide the writing has taken on this show this season
Old 05-15-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Sad thing is that's probably close to what's gonna happen. They've clearly run out of any creativity so re-running a song for the 3rd time in the background of a pointless scene sounds right on track to me.
My only hope at this time is that (if Season 4 was indeed supposed to be the final season) the writers still have that series finale that they had written or planned and have freshened it up to fit now. Since this hypothetical ending has been written/planned when they were still on their game, one can assume or hope, that the ending would be a good if not great one.

But I know that is wishful thinking not grounded in the reality of the the 2nd half of this season.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with you... that it will end with some group gathering at a restaurant... probably celebrating AJ being "made". At that gathering they will all reminisce about how they got their start.... and then fade to black.
Old 05-15-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
Everybody always talks about Christopher's verbal gaffes, but what about Tony. He was lying there "prostate." That was hilarious although that might have been last episode.
Old 05-15-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sracer
The more I think about it, the more I agree with you... that it will end with some group gathering at a restaurant... probably celebrating AJ being "made". At that gathering they will all reminisce about how they got their start.... and then fade to black.
I thnk that the final image I would find most satisfying would be a silent fade-out showing AJ sitting in Melfi's office.
Old 05-15-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by danstheday

No more Pink Floyd PLEASE.
Old 05-15-07, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Everybody always talks about Christopher's verbal gaffes, but what about Tony. He was lying there "prostate." That was hilarious although that might have been last episode.
That was this ep. Tony told Melfi he was "prostate with grief" when other people died I think. Funny shit.

Tony's good for some verbal miscues but the difference is he always just says them matter of factly. When Chrissy would say these things he always acted like he thought he was Confucious himself, dropping these jewels on everybody.
Old 05-15-07, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
TOO MUCH WHACKING!!!!

So much for all the speculation about Chris taking out Tony, or going to the Feds. At least it gave Tony his luck back again.

I wish AJ's new story line had started a long time ago, it's the first time I've ever given a shit about him.
Great episode and agree wholly with AJ. It is actually a really good arc. This is a great way to go out. I loved that Chris dies how he did, part accident/part whack. Very original.
Old 05-15-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE=Deke Rivers]
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
'It was a stupid sendoff'... I see that a lot.

Seriously, people just die in freak accidents man. There was a car accident. Chris probably would have died anyways. They say he may have been able to live but that's a very big if.[/QUOTE
what i was pointing out was his death was not anywhere near as dramatic or powerful as Adrianas or Pussys...thus the downhill slide the writing has taken on this show this season
I don't understand why everyone thinks every death has to be "dramatic or powerful" and why that represents a downhill slide. People die in a non-dramatic and powerful way every day. I'd rather see realism than drama for dramas sake.
Old 05-15-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

guess you can say the movie idea died with Christopher. What good would a Sopranos movie be without Christophur?

Unless you get Night of the Living Sopranos, or Day of the Dead Sopranos
Old 05-15-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE=cungar]
Originally Posted by Deke Rivers

I don't understand why everyone thinks every death has to be "dramatic or powerful" and why that represents a downhill slide. People die in a non-dramatic and powerful way every day. I'd rather see realism than drama for dramas sake.
People clip their toenails every day too... that doesn't mean that I want to tune in to watch characters doing that.
Old 05-15-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

[QUOTE=sracer]
Originally Posted by cungar
People clip their toenails every day too... that doesn't mean that I want to tune in to watch characters doing that.
Ah, but you did! You watched Ralphie clipping his toenails, getting scrapnel in Janice's face.
Old 05-15-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE=Buttmunker]

Ah, but you did! You watched Ralphie clipping his toenails, getting scrapnel in Janice's face.
hehe... yes that's true... that did happen, but it doesn't mean that I wanted to see it.
Old 05-15-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
guess you can say the movie idea died with Christopher.
Hopefully.
Old 05-15-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTE=cungar]
Originally Posted by Deke Rivers

Exactly. "Comfortably Numb" hasn't been playing on repeat in "The Sopranos" for no reason at all.

This wasn't about Tony killing a member of his crew because he had to, like with Tony B. or Big Pussy, or Adriana, and it wasn't about Tony killing somebody off as the culmination of some conflict, like with Ralphie.

This is about Tony killing off a member of his crew for no particular reason, and then feeling a need to justify or rationalize it to himself, even though he doesn't feel particularly bad or guilty about it.

More to the point, he's been wanting to kill one of his crew since the beginning of his run, and he's not been particularly picky about who he might want to rub out. He's considered killing Bobby and Paulie as well. Maybe he's drifting into madness and paranoia (here's a high that won't make you paranoid). Maybe his hostility toward his crew is a transference of something he doesn't like about himself.
Old 05-15-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
No more Pink Floyd PLEASE.

That wasn't Pink Floyd, it was the lame rip-off that was used in The Departed (grat movie, horrible cover song).

Doc
Old 05-15-07, 12:59 PM

THAT sir, is the correct answer.

It's the nature of the beast. Very few shows are able to maintain their quality for the duration of their run. THE PRISONER comes to mind. It would be a stretch, but I'd say that TWIN PEAKS did also.

Prisoner and Twin Peaks also had far shorter runs (18 and 29 episodes I believe)......The closest comparison is probably 'The Wire' which has had 4 masterful years.....

-Paul Jacobi-
Old 05-15-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
That wasn't Pink Floyd, it was the lame rip-off that was used in The Departed (grat movie, horrible cover song).

Doc
it's not pink floyd, but it IS roger waters (along with van morrison and the band).
Old 05-15-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

does anybody know what the last three episodes are called, and the synopsis?
Old 05-15-07, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Buttmunker
guess you can say the movie idea died with Christopher. What good would a Sopranos movie be without Christophur?

Unless you get Night of the Living Sopranos, or Day of the Dead Sopranos
Spoilers for the Sopranos movie:
  • Carmela dies before the movie.
  • Tony winds up married to Kelli, Christopher's widow.
  • Christopher comes back from the dead, but his hand is replaced with a meat cleaver.
  • Christopher kills Tony for revenge.

You read it here first!
Old 05-15-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't be silly all the time!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.