Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the Sopranos -- "Kennedy And Heidi" -- 05.13.2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkdevo
ya think? i thought the exact opposite.. he looked like he was pretty sickened by it.

I have to go back and watch it, but he participated and I'm pretty sure he laughed with his friend when they were on the steps and saw acid foot kid. Again, his therapy session just reminded me a lot like Tony's, minus the crying.
Old 05-14-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man... aj crys alot...
Old 05-14-07, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 137 Posts
I think Tony yelled "I get it..."
Old 05-14-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 749 Posts
Originally Posted by mkdevo
ya think? i thought the exact opposite.. he looked like he was pretty sickened by it.
I agree. Initially he looked like he was into it, but then realized what was happening and it sickened him.

Regarding Tony, I initially thought he said "I did it", but when watching again, right after the sun flash, it's more clear that he says "I get it" than it is when he shouts it.
Old 05-14-07, 11:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I think Tony yelled "I get it..."
That's what I heard as well.
Old 05-14-07, 11:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
HBO website synopsis states that he yells "I get it !".

Tho, I admit I heard it wrong when I watched the show and thought he said "I did it."

Thos.
Old 05-14-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 336 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by Nefarious
I thought he said, "I did it."
You guys have been watching too many Rocky movies. It was definitely "I get it!"

The question is, what did Tony "get"? I think he finally understands the meaning of the "white light"...seen earlier in Season 6 (last year's shows when he was in a coma), and seen again twice in last night's show, first with the ceiling light and then again when the sun "flashed" at him.
Old 05-14-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

another tidbit i noticed last night - carmella was checking out properties in florida on her computer when tony called from the hospital. maybe she is ready to abandon the life ...
Old 05-14-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts
Originally Posted by kms_md
another tidbit i noticed last night - carmella was checking out properties in florida on her computer when tony called from the hospital. maybe she is ready to abandon the life ...

I had the same thought. Presumably she has the money she made from the house she built and who knows how much of the cash Tony stashed she has squirelled away.
Old 05-14-07, 12:09 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Though last night's episode was a great, Emmy deserving episode, I hope to never have to watch it again. To see Christopher, the best written and my personal favorite character of the show die by car accident (and by Tony's hand) is more than I can swallow. Check my track record because week after week I always stand up for The Sopranos. This week however, I just don't know.

My main problem is that I think it was completely out of character for Tony to be so coldblooded against his "nephew" Christoper. This is a guy that he loved immensely, despite recent frustrations. He's broke his neck on more than one occasion for him, including the group intervention to get him some help. In many ways, I saw him grooming Chris to be his own successor. It's not the assisted death of Chris that I have a problem with. Yes, he was a junkie. Yes he complained and made life more difficult for Tony. Yes he put an unflattering caricature of Tony on the big screen. All of those things rubbed Tony the wrong way. Tony is getting closer and closer to a melting point, and wants to rid himself of all potential problems, and this was an opportune time to do that. But what I find unforgivable is his attitude in the aftermath of it all. It's out of character how little he really cares about this. Unlike other people that he's killed in the past, Chris always showed respect and loyalty. He has absolutely no proof otherwise (unless you want to throw Cleaver in there).

If he doesn't have a breakdown about this at some point in the last few episodes, it will unfortunately leave a bad taste in my mouth about The Sopranos forever. I noticed that Dr. Melfi didn't press the issue, understanding that people deal with tremendous grief in different ways. Let's hope Tony regains a little bit of heart, even if it is a black one.

Last edited by IIG; 05-14-07 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-14-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

that girl that tony slept with deserves an emmy.... she played a great hot girl
Old 05-14-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 622 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by IIG
Though last night's episode was a great, Emmy deserving episode, I hope to never have to watch it again. To see Christopher, the best written and my personal favorite character of the show die by car accident (and by Tony's hand) is more than I can swallow. Check my track record because week after week I always stand up for The Sopranos. This week however, I just don't know. My main problem is that I think it was completely out of character for Tony to be so coldblooded against his "nephew" Christoper. This is a guy that he loved immensely, despite recent frustrations. He's broke his neck on more than one occasion for him, including the group intervention to get him some help. In many ways, I saw him grooming Chris to be his own successor. It's not the assisted death of Chris that I have a problem with. Yes, he was a junkie. Yes he complained and made life more difficult for Tony. Yes he put an unflattering caricature of Tony on the big screen. All of those things rubbed Tony the wrong way. Tony is getting closer and closer to a melting point, and wants to rid himself of all potential problems, and this was an opportune time to do that. But what I find unforgivable is his attitude in the aftermath of it all. It's out of character how little he really cares about this. Unlike other people that he's killed in the past, Chris always showed respect and loyalty. He has absolutely no proof otherwise (unless you want to throw Cleaver in there). If he doesn't have a breakdown about this at some point in the last few episodes, it will unfortunately leave a bad taste in my mouth about The Sopranos forever. I noticed that Dr. Melfi didn't press the issue, understanding that people deal with tremendous grief in different ways. Let's hope Tony regains a little bit of heart, even if it is a black one.
how about mixing in a paragraph or a line break here and there.
Old 05-14-07, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by IIG
Though last night's episode was a great, Emmy deserving episode, I hope to never have to watch it again. To see Christopher, the best written and my personal favorite character of the show die by car accident (and by Tony's hand) is more than I can swallow. Check my track record because week after week I always stand up for The Sopranos. This week however, I just don't know. My main problem is that I think it was completely out of character for Tony to be so coldblooded against his "nephew" Christoper. This is a guy that he loved immensely, despite recent frustrations. He's broke his neck on more than one occasion for him, including the group intervention to get him some help. In many ways, I saw him grooming Chris to be his own successor. It's not the assisted death of Chris that I have a problem with. Yes, he was a junkie. Yes he complained and made life more difficult for Tony. Yes he put an unflattering caricature of Tony on the big screen. All of those things rubbed Tony the wrong way. Tony is getting closer and closer to a melting point, and wants to rid himself of all potential problems, and this was an opportune time to do that. But what I find unforgivable is his attitude in the aftermath of it all. It's out of character how little he really cares about this. Unlike other people that he's killed in the past, Chris always showed respect and loyalty. He has absolutely no proof otherwise (unless you want to throw Cleaver in there). If he doesn't have a breakdown about this at some point in the last few episodes, it will unfortunately leave a bad taste in my mouth about The Sopranos forever. I noticed that Dr. Melfi didn't press the issue, understanding that people deal with tremendous grief in different ways. Let's hope Tony regains a little bit of heart, even if it is a black one.
You can't take Cleaver out of the equation. That looms large in Tony's mind. He's mentioned it several times over the past few weeks -- particularly in the therapy session with Melfi, in which he says something about feeling betrayed by Christopher's feelings for him, and feeling particularly betrayed by the fact that he put those feelings out in a movie for all the world to see.
Old 05-14-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 622 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
that girl that tony slept with deserves an emmy.... she played a great hot girl

also very nice on teachers
Old 05-14-07, 01:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
i was starting to think that they were gonna bring up he whole Kevin Finnerty thing again while Tony was hanging out in the hotel by himself.
Old 05-14-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Tony also made it obvious that he felt that Adrianna was Chris' responsibility to take care of but he did it for him because Chris couldn't handle it.

I think saying the only thing Tony felt that Christopher ever did to disrespect him was Cleaver is a gross understatement. I think Tony has claimed disrespect from Chris on multiple occasions and for a variety of circumstances. One of the most replayed scenes was from when Christopher wanted to whack Jackie Jr. and Tony grabbed him and told him he didn't have to love him but he had to respect him.

Cleaver, Jackie Jr. repeated drug abuse, and Adrianna are four very apparent instances of where Tony felt disrespected. I'm not even counting the real estate agent which I think could be argued.
Old 05-14-07, 01:57 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
how about mixing in a paragraph or a line break here and there.
Done. That post was just a stream of consciousness on my favorite television show of all time coming to an alltime low.
Old 05-14-07, 02:01 PM

Did anyone else notice the 3-5 7-9(or whatever her name was) woman walking past Tony and Paulie at that wake too?
Old 05-14-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also thought Tony said, "I did it!" But, "I get it!" makes more sense. I actually said the same thing after dropping acid for the first time. Every psychadelic image I ever saw sober made sense to me once I was baked.
Old 05-14-07, 02:40 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
By the way, we would be remiss to bid farewell to Mr. Moltisante without commenting on the fact that he gave us one more Christopherism -- his mention of "flying ointment."
Old 05-14-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Didnt they just show christopher drinking for the first time in last weeks episode? They never showed him doing drugs again

For me thats part of the Problem with the Sapranos...

things come up out of nowhere, Tonys Gambling for instance...
The mob war with NY has been building, yet nothing has happened..I guess this will all un-fold in the last few weeks.
Old 05-14-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by joefrog91
I also thought Tony said, "I did it!" But, "I get it!" makes more sense. I actually said the same thing after dropping acid for the first time. Every psychadelic image I ever saw sober made sense to me once I was baked.

Can you explain this one to me:

Old 05-14-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Tony's behavior towards Chris after the fact wasn't really displaced for me. Generally it probably would be, but there were other things to take into account.

Of course, all the times Chris disrespected Tony. Then distancing himself away from the family. Making a movie out of shit that was personal with him and Tony. What was next? Running to the feds? Tony's suspicions there weren't out of place. Chris had run his mouth a little too much last week, and he had to kill the person he got a little chatty with.

Seeing the car seat with a branch through it, was just what Tony needed to see to realize that Chris wasn't just a danger to Tony. Chris has problems, and Chris had seemed to take control of his drug and alcohol abuse. Since Chris seemed to be 'in control', perhaps his moving away from the family to pursue a movie career was forgivable since Tony loved Chris so much. But Chris was getting upset, angry, feeling betrayed, and losing control. Tony saw this. In the end, he thought Christopher was weak, and could have killed innocents. The car seat, was just the thing Tony needed to see in that situation in order to do what he did.

In Tony's mind, he's confused and he's been losing control more and more every week. This time, after the fact, he thought he perhaps did something noble and just... such as when he had to kill Big Pussy. Guy was a rat, end of story. Tony kept using the thing with the car seat, not as just some way to try and cope with what was going on since he was feeling relieved after Chris died... it's because he was trying to make himself feel like he was in control, and did the right thing. Yet Chris is dead, he heard Chris could have lived (maybe), so he needed to tell himself he did the right thing... so the car seat was the only way he could have tried to relate his feelings to people without looking suspicious.

Then also trying to make Carmella understand with his vague comment about the car seat, and then saying he heard relief in Carmella's voice on the phone. He's spinning out of control on everything, and he's desperately reaching out here in this episode to see who else may be in his shoes but... he's on his own.
Old 05-14-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

thats exactly how i saw it....
Old 05-14-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
You can't take Cleaver out of the equation. That looms large in Tony's mind. He's mentioned it several times over the past few weeks -- particularly in the therapy session with Melfi, in which he says something about feeling betrayed by Christopher's feelings for him, and feeling particularly betrayed by the fact that he put those feelings out in a movie for all the world to see.
I hope this isn't the end of the Cleaver storyline

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.