Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the Sopranos -- "Kennedy And Heidi" -- 05.13.2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 03:52 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 282 Likes on 215 Posts
I loved Carmella turning from grieving relative to jealous bitch in about a nanosecond when she saw Tony and Julianna talking at the wake
Old 05-14-07, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone want to bet Adrianna comes back in the last episode and kills Tony?
Old 05-14-07, 04:22 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Anyone want to bet Adrianna comes back in the last episode and kills Tony?
In the last episode, Tony will be killed by the Russian Interior Decorator from the Pine Barrens episode.
Old 05-14-07, 04:28 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, Cleaver was a cheesy direct-to-video flick... but if this was real life with all the controversy/death surrounding it, they could promote the hell out of it. "The Curse of Cleaver", sort of like the Poltergeist curse or the Bruce/Brandon Lee curse.
Old 05-14-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed the episode. People get their panties in a bunch complaining about all sorts of shit. It isn't perfect, but I've enjoyed pretty much every episode this "season".

No better drama on TV (except Johnny Drama)
Old 05-14-07, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Personally I loved the way Christopher died. In Tony's world, he had realized for a while that Christopher needed to go and just was not part of the group anymore. He knew that Chris was very close to ratting, yet he could not bring himself to whacking him. When "chance happened, he seized the opportunity, and felt relieved in it. Alonf with that, his luck comes back. He realizes that he came back not just to exist and be happy to be alive, but to be the decisive boss that he is meant to be. Expect a very pro-active Tony in the last 3 weeks.
Old 05-14-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by An4h0ny
It's a compliment to the creators/writers/actors that people are either 'mad' at Tony or feel sorry for Chris

These guys are both soulless scumbag murderers who have ruined countless lives in countless ways. They both deserve the most horrible exit from this life they can receive.
Spoiler:
Not only was Chris' death foreshadowed like crazy, it was done in a completely unexpected and interesting way.
Had it been a 'hit' or if he had gone to the feds, all anyone would be saying was "CHEAP! Why couldn't they do something original!?!?"

Also, Chris had indeed just fallen off the bandwagon again, but it was... what...? Like..his fifteenth time? Plus when Tony looked in the back seat and saw the baby seat that was his last straw.

Man, anybody who uses the word 'weak' in relation to this episode... I seriously hope you've only been watching for a season or so. Otherwise you've completely been wasting your time. Or at the very least, missing 85% of the show. There wasn't one 'weak' moment last night, at all.

ive been watching it since day one and there is no getting around the fact that this season sucks ass..it started with the vito love story and has gone downhill since
its apparent it was ready to end two seasons ago..im sticking with it just because i have watched it from day and am a completist..have to see how it all plays out..doesnt mean i have to like it though either
its very sad to see a great show fall form grace like this

and it was weak..i didnt feel a thing having chris die because it was so stupid a sendoff..now the Adriana and Pussy sendoff was great drama..

what id also like to know is how many SUV rollovers is Tony gonna survive ?
Old 05-14-07, 05:20 PM

i have a feeling sopranos is not going to end the way we would like it to. No war between NJ and NY, tony wont die, aj wont go into the mob, and nothing will come out of the terrorism plot. I expect it go a completely different route with the final episode. What that is i have no idea.
Old 05-14-07, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
ive been watching it since day one and there is no getting around the fact that this season sucks ass..it started with the vito love story and has gone downhill since
its apparent it was ready to end two seasons ago..im sticking with it just because i have watched it from day and am a completist..have to see how it all plays out..doesnt mean i have to like it though either
its very sad to see a great show fall form grace like this

and it was weak..i didnt feel a thing having chris die because it was so stupid a sendoff..now the Adriana and Pussy sendoff was great drama..
I've said it all season long and I'm noticing this show is losing it's excuse-makers by the minute.

I thought this was the best ep so far and I only thought it was so-so at best. Actually the "flying ointment" line was the highlight IMO, but I was always a sucker for Christopher-isms (see the sig).

As for the finale I foresee an ending we've seen already once or twice. The family is gathered together at a holiday (could be any one the way this season has jumped back and forth between calendar seasons). Close up of Tony with a disgusted look on his face, pulling back into a group shot of everyone like a christmas card. All this after yet another let down of an episode of another let down of a season.

It's just sad for me to watch this show go out like this.
Old 05-14-07, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by kinetic
i have a feeling sopranos is not going to end the way we would like it to. No war between NJ and NY, tony wont die, aj wont go into the mob, and nothing will come out of the terrorism plot. I expect it go a completely different route with the final episode. What that is i have no idea.
Nothing comes out of any plot in this show, hasn't for a while now.
Old 05-14-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Last night was a fantastic episode. Just the kind of jolt this show has needed, it's just too bad it came so late in the season. This is water-cooler type shit, it gives people something to say about the show other than "Yea, last night was slow again..." I really don't know what to expect from these final episodes since Tony's fate could really go a number of directions. It sucks when you know a show is going, then it starts getting back to it's A-game (obviously since it's coming to a close) but you want to see it last at least another season.

Just give me more Phil and I'm a happy clam. He's got major balls and some of the best lines of the entire series. "The turd doesn't fall far from the faggot's ass." Classic.
Old 05-14-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
As for the finale I foresee an ending we've seen already once or twice. The family is gathered together at a holiday (could be any one the way this season has jumped back and forth between calendar seasons). Close up of Tony with a disgusted look on his face, pulling back into a group shot of everyone like a christmas card. All this after yet another let down of an episode of another let down of a season.
THAT sir, is the correct answer.

It's just sad for me to watch this show go out like this.
It's the nature of the beast. Very few shows are able to maintain their quality for the duration of their run. THE PRISONER comes to mind. It would be a stretch, but I'd say that TWIN PEAKS did also.
Old 05-14-07, 06:50 PM

I enjoyed the episode, and thought the past 2 weeks have defently been the best of this final season so far. Cant wait for next week as I think Tony will be tougher then ever as someone mentioned above. He will get his edge back.
Old 05-14-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't wait for next week either...it's one week closer to this mess being over and me being able to cancel my HBO.

Seriously though, I thought the first half was pretty good with the crash and all, but the second part rolled right back down the hill into a ditch of "ho hum" mediocrity.
Old 05-14-07, 06:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Actually the "flying ointment" line was the highlight IMO, but I was always a sucker for Christopher-isms (see the sig).
LOL how do those original sayings go again??
Old 05-14-07, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by kajs
Did anyone else notice the 3-5 7-9(or whatever her name was) woman walking past Tony and Paulie at that wake too?
who are you talking about? whats a 3 5 7 9 woman?
Old 05-14-07, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
who are you talking about? whats a 3 5 7 9 woman?
Burt: "There she is: 3-to-5/7-to-9."
Silvio: "She never misses a wake."

She was at the first wake, and then walked behind Tony and Paulie when they were talking in the hallway at the other one.
Old 05-14-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 222 Likes on 171 Posts
Just watched the ep. and didn't feel like going through four other pages past the first one. Knew about Chris when I started it though, but didn't know it happened so close to the start. I'm in the school of people who think this is a great ep. Tony realizes he's killed someone who was loved by many, but not really well known by anyone other than himself. I found the scene with AJ and his buddies at the funeral interesting. Tony and his crew are obviously on their way out, while AJ and his crew are getting started. Then again maybe not. I think the ep.'s title was appropriate as well. Kind of a Rosenrantz and Guildenstern approach. Also cool that Van Morrison's version of Comfortably Numb is now part of two gangster stories.
Who was the girl Tony met in Vegas? Has she been on the show before(with Chris)? She's a first class hottie.
Old 05-14-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Who was the girl Tony met in Vegas? Has she been on the show before(with Chris)? She's a first class hottie.
If only there was some way on this forum for people to go back and read previous pages...
Old 05-14-07, 09:11 PM

Alot of people are saying this season sucks. Do you think if these episodes werent the last youd still be saying the same thing?
At least they arent pulling an Oz and killing off almost the entire cast in the final episodes.
Old 05-14-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Christopher tried to make it. Yeh, he was weak. Yeh, he was a sociopath. Yeh, he had a terrible disposition and was incredibly narcissistic. Yeh, yeh, yeh. But he tried, and if anybody should feel guilty for Chris being dead, it should be Tony. Tony never gave a shit about Chris being an alcoholic, and Tony's thinking Chris should be dead because of the crushed car seat is fucked because, if Tony and the crew hadn't belittled Christopher's efforts at sobriety, there wouldn't have been an issue of a crushed car seat. Chris would have stayed sober if "his friends hadn't abandoned him."

Nobody but Paulie realized this.

Last edited by Buttmunker; 05-15-07 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-14-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by coli

If there is any irony to this show, Tony has to die at the end, or Carmela, AJ, or Meadow have to die of something tragic that was because of Tony's actions.
They may die, but if someone in Tony's family does, it would take a drink and a trip to Vegas to cleanse him of any grief. The man just has no feelings for people, only for animals. This was brought up in therapy, and it was evidenced more than once when family members have died (all, ironically, by his own hand).

He mourned not one tear for his cousin Tony Blundetto - shot him in the face.
He mourned not one tear for Christopher - blocked off his oxygen.

Heck, he almost killed Christopher in cold blood in Season 5 - it was cousin Tony who saved his ass then...but Tony was going to shoot him! Just like that.

Sociopath? I think borderline psychopath. If A.J. or Meadow died, it really wouldn't affect him. He might cry a little, just from the shock or from the irony, but that'd be all.
Old 05-14-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And by-the-by, Tony had a winning streak not because of Chris being dead and Tony being relieved...but because of Tony being on peyote! The roulette wheel...turned...ever...soooo...slowly...he was able to see it in slo-mo, that's why he was winning.
Old 05-14-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'It was a stupid sendoff'... I see that a lot.

Seriously, people just die in freak accidents man. There was a car accident. Chris probably would have died anyways. They say he may have been able to live but that's a very big if.
Old 05-14-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Something isn't really working for me this season. The only way I can describe it is "staccato". There doesn't feel like theres a flowing story. In the past there were always multiple ongoing stories and while the episodes would work within themselves they would never lose track of anyone. In this final season (I'm talking about the ones from the past few weeks, not Season 6 part 1), everything just sort of conveniently pops up when it needs to so things can be wrapped up without having too much effort put in. "Let's see, we need to get rid of Johhny Sack....he's got terminal cancer. That'll work. Oh, we need to write Christoper off....just bring back his addiction problem in the last 15 minutes of the prior episode and he can crash his car at the beginning of this one. We haven't shown more than a few 30 second clips of Junior in the past few years so lets just spend an entire episode of him dying in a mental institution. I think it would be good for Tony to have a gambling addiction for this episode."

There's so many characters who are normally there to keep things moving who have done next to nothing this season. Besides the first episode, where have Janice and Bobby been? Janice is always good to have around to raise Tony's anxiety but she's just been underused. I think there's been 4 shots of Artie this season. I'm glad AJ is finally getting a story thats been followed through but I often forget that Meadow even exists. In the past we'd always know who she was going out with or what was going on in her life. I honestly don't even know what's she's been up to. I guess she's back home and broken up with Finn but that's all I can really tell you.

I'll reserve judgment until it's all said and done but I really think it's too late for this to deliver like it should. There's been a pattern this season and 3 episodes simply won't be enough to break it.

Last edited by DarthMarino; 05-15-07 at 12:02 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.