Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "the Man Behind the Curtain" -- 05.09.2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I don't know about you folks, but I'd be getting the hell out of my van if my passenger suggests he's going to kill me, whips out a gas mask, and then takes out a canister. Now, it seems that Uncle Rico would have died either way, but he has to be pretty damned stupid to not at least try to save himself.
Especially since he could've made State...
Old 05-11-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chauzer
his mom appeared outside of the security field
He first saw his mom outside of his bedroom window. Some others had this same conversation a couple of pages back :-)

It was cool to see Doug Hutchison. I have been a fan of his ever since he played Eugene Tooms on the early seasons of the X-Files. I just wish they hadn't killed him off so quickly! LOL

Last edited by HotThang; 05-11-07 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-11-07, 11:32 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i thought i was watching an episode of Supernatural !

Still good episode, i still want to see Jack get an ass kicking by everyone and Juliette get anally gangbanged.
Old 05-11-07, 11:38 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i loved Locke beating down Mikhail
Old 05-12-07, 12:18 AM

i love that locke is such a badass.
Old 05-12-07, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I re-watched this again last night. Anyone get an "Order 66" vibe from the last flashback? had the same kind of power.
Old 05-12-07, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
i still want to see Jack get an ass kicking by everyone and Juliette get anally gangbanged.
Jack's my favourite character and having just seen the 2-minute preview scene of the next episode, I have a feeling he's going to be back in everyone's good graces pretty soon. Both on the island, and with the viewers. It just pisses me off so much that people continue to fall completely into the trap that the writers set up by making you feel animosity for someone, only to change that perception later on when the writers reveal that we didn't know all there was to know about them. It's one of LOST's oldest tricks and most people should be used to it by now.
Old 05-12-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Just caught up with this on the DVR. Another really good episode, shades of season one good. It's so nice to move the plot forward. And yeah, I too would like to see Jack get a Chuck Liddell style beatdown.
Old 05-13-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just wait till next week. If that preview scene is anything to go by, Jack will be redeeming himself in a huge way.
Old 05-13-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm looking forward too it. I was so about to drop this show earlier in the season. And then this second half starts kicking ass. And what about those rumors of Harold Parrineau being back on the set....

DROOOL
Old 05-13-07, 10:31 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by cracksky
Who gave the fence code to Ben and why is it different than when Juliet disabled it?
Don't know who gave it to him, but the initial video they watched (Ben and his dad) when they came on the island said that the codes are changed every morning.
Old 05-13-07, 01:11 PM
Cool New Member

Some random questions, musings and observations --

First, I'm annoyed I deleted this episode from the TiVO since I totally missed the the shot of Jacob.

Second, I don't think the volcano was the "incident", I think it was the black smoke and that's why the sonic fence was created. 2 questions come to mind about the fence though -- how did Ben's mom's "projection" get to his house the first time he saw her (through the window, which some asked) and who were the dharma folks fighting that the alert went off and the kids were told to assume positions while people toted guns outside? For the latter question, which I haven't seen anyone bring up, you assume it's the natives/hostiles but then how did they get through the fence?

Third, when Locke stopped to examine the black ash, volcanic ash didn't even come to mind. I thought "ooh, circle of protection" as in something mystical given the overall connotations of Dharma, the black smoke, Desmond's reincarnation, etc. although that flys in the face of the pseudo-science premise.

Fourth, reincarnation versus cloning versus immortality/de-aging. So far as we know, Desmond appears to be the only person reincarnated. I kind of like the clones theory as it explains away Locke being able to walk, bernard's wife's cancer remission, births, the flight being found, etc. The immortality line gets more convincing when introducing the shipwrecked survivors though. Furthermore, when S2 began and Juliet's flashbacks were playing out, she looked distinctly OLDER before she arrived on the island. I'm down the immortality/de-aging, especially if the rabbit is supposed to be the same one decades later but then you have to wonder about the boar population -- have/will the Losties consume all of the boar since they won't be able to reproduce?

Other thoughts escape me. ( ' :

EDIT: OH! Given a real show enddate of 3 more years, imagine how the writers can mess with us bringing Walt back....24-48 hours later in the storyline...aged 4 years in reality. ( ' :

Last edited by therain93; 05-13-07 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts part 1
Old 05-13-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the theory of Jacob being Magnus Hanso, the Hostiles being part of the Hanso Foundation and it's Life-extension project, which is why they age very slowly or not at all. But the inability to carry a pregnancy to term is a side-effect of the project.
Old 05-13-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
My thought is that at one point Jacob was living on the island and in charge of the "Natives". Somehow he died and the natives lost their leader until young Ben, who is able to communicate with the dead, came along and gave them someone who could be their middleman and leader. However, Ben has enslaved Jacob's spirit in a place that he can control and since only he, up until now, can communicate with Jacob he is able to do what he wants with the followers. I do believe that these Natives have been on the island for much longer than Dharma/Hanso or anyone else. Locke is now posing a threat to Ben because he too can see and communicate with Jacob, although he doesn't want to believe it just yet. My thought is that he will be the eventual leader of the Others and the one who takes Ben out. There has to be much more to the island than we have seen up until this point. The four toed statue has to be significant as well as the possibility of other ruins that we have yet to see. I think time itself is moving along at a regular pace on and off the island and I don't think that it affects everyone in this show the same way. I am sure there are other things we will see in the coming seasons that will leave many of us dazed at first, like this Jacob bit, but will add to the depth of the show. I am just hoping that the time they get to the series finale it isn't a game of 2 vs one after they kill off the majority of the cast. It is understood that we need some death to increase the tension and drama, but please don't purge everyone before the show has run its course.
Old 05-13-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone remind me - how many episodes are remaining this season? 2 or 3? Is the finale stretched across two weeks or just one? And how long will it be either way?
Old 05-13-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoviePage
Someone remind me - how many episodes are remaining this season? 2 or 3? Is the finale stretched across two weeks or just one? And how long will it be either way?
There's an episode this week, then the season finale (2 hours, 9-11pm) the following Wednesday, 5/23. So 2 episodes/3 hours left.
Old 05-13-07, 10:00 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by dom56
Why did Alex gave Locke the gun when she found out that he and Ben were going to see Jacob? The look on Ben's face look liked betrayed or stunned.
To defend himself from Ben.
Old 05-14-07, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
I like the theory of Jacob being Magnus Hanso, the Hostiles being part of the Hanso Foundation and it's Life-extension project, which is why they age very slowly or not at all. But the inability to carry a pregnancy to term is a side-effect of the project.
So, excuse me if I have missed this, Hanso != Dharma? I was wondering how Richard, if the Dharma group had been wiped out, got off the island to continue recruiting people to the island. Btw, how many have come to the island post-gas attack (Rousseau et al? Juliet? Mikhail? Desmond? WhathisnametheCIAagentSayidshandlerKurgen? )
Old 05-14-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Possible spoilers for the season finale including the possible "Snake in the mailbox."

Spoiler:

I think the returning character is Walt.

The big Kate reveal is that she has been on the island before...possibly this is related to Annie.

Jack's dark secret past is that he has had contact with Alpert before and made a "deal with the devil" to heal Sara.
Old 05-14-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dsa_shea - theory:
Spoiler:
so it seems that everyone has had something they wanted for someone else - Jack with his wife, Kate with Annie, Locke with his father, James with the original con man, etc - perhaps coming to this island is the payment for these deals.
Old 05-14-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is a supposed spoil to the snake in the mailbox from the finale. Would be brutal if true. I copied this from another site. I guess we will know in nine days if this is true or not.

Spoiler:
Jack is a murderer. He strangled his ex wife, he killed her new boyfriend, and he killed his father in Australia. All of this comes to light after he kills the members of Naomi's team who come ashore to rescue them then joins ben and says fuck y'all. If you don't think this is true you are an idiot! Pass it on everywhere. Be the first! Amaze your friends! Fuck LOST!
Old 05-14-07, 08:07 PM

Must resist the temptation to read the spoilers. It is really tough not to read them though.
Old 05-14-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Here is a supposed spoil to the snake in the mailbox from the finale. Would be brutal if true. I copied this from another site. I guess we will know in nine days if this is true or not.

Spoiler:
Jack is a murderer. He strangled his ex wife, he killed her new boyfriend, and he killed his father in Australia. All of this comes to light after he kills the members of Naomi's team who come ashore to rescue them then joins ben and says fuck y'all. If you don't think this is true you are an idiot! Pass it on everywhere. Be the first! Amaze your friends! Fuck LOST!
Where did that come from? That seems HIGHLY unlikely.
Old 05-14-07, 09:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ok--a couple of quick questions here. if anyone can enlighten me, i would be grateful. also, can anyone let me know what wasnt on the show but rather on the "lost experience" instead of "real lost"? some of the stuff mentioned makes no sense to me, and after reading wikipedia, i dont remember ever seeing it or hearing it, and think that it probably came from the lost experience...

1) what is the difference between magnus and alvar haslo? alvar was the head of the haslo foundation, correct? and did this foundation help fund the dharma initiative?

2) this one involves the spoilers listed above...
Spoiler:
The big Kate reveal is that she has been on the island before...possibly this is related to Annie.. ??who is annie???

3)
Spoiler:
Jack's dark secret past is that he has had contact with Alpert before and made a "deal with the devil" to heal Sara. ??who is alpert???
Old 05-14-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by krkuhl
ok--a couple of quick questions here. if anyone can enlighten me, i would be grateful. also, can anyone let me know what wasnt on the show but rather on the "lost experience" instead of "real lost"? some of the stuff mentioned makes no sense to me, and after reading wikipedia, i dont remember ever seeing it or hearing it, and think that it probably came from the lost experience...

1) what is the difference between magnus and alvar haslo? alvar was the head of the haslo foundation, correct? and did this foundation help fund the dharma initiative?

2) this one involves the spoilers listed above...
Spoiler:
The big Kate reveal is that she has been on the island before...possibly this is related to Annie.. ??who is annie???

3)
Spoiler:
Jack's dark secret past is that he has had contact with Alpert before and made a "deal with the devil" to heal Sara. ??who is alpert???
1)Magnus Hanso is supposedly the ancestor of Alvar Hanso.

2)This girl was seen in The Man Behind the Curtain and befriended Ben after he arrived on the island.

3)He is the person that Ben encountered in the jungle while Ben was still very young. He also doesn't seem to age and has a desire to wear expensive watches all the while wearing very old clothing.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 05-14-07 at 09:44 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.