Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "the Man Behind the Curtain" -- 05.09.2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
1)Magnus Hanso is supposedly the ancestor of Alvar Hanso.
And according to The Lost Experience (IIRC), Magnus Hanso was involved in shipping - possibly slaves? - I think out of Portsmouth (the name on the back of the "Black Rock").
Old 05-14-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1)2)This girl was seen in The Man Behind the Curtain and befriended Ben after he arrived on the island.
Just a coincidence that Kate used the alias "Annie" in the Tabula Rasa episode?
Old 05-14-07, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
1)Magnus Hanso is supposedly the ancestor of Alvar Hanso.

2)This girl was seen in The Man Behind the Curtain and befriended Ben after he arrived on the island.

3)He is the person that Ben encountered in the jungle while Ben was still very young. He also doesn't seem to age and has a desire to wear expensive watches all the while wearing very old clothing.
i am totally confused by #2. Can someone explain this to me?
Old 05-15-07, 01:22 AM

I just read this on another web site - if true, this is a massive spoiler for the final episode!! Proceed with caution!! Personally, I think this sounds kind of ridiculous and hope it isn't true.

Spoiler:

Apparently they are inverting the structure of the show starting with the season finale. So far the events on the island have taken place in present time, and are intercut with flashbacks before the characters came to the island. However, starting with the final episode, events off the island take place in present time (after the characters have been rescued), and are intercut with flashbacks to the island.

In the final episode we will be watching what we think are Jack's flashbacks, only to find out in the last few minutes that we have been watching Jack after he got off the island.

If this is the case, Lost will basically be copying the format of the incredibly lame and prematurely cancelled show Nine. I'm really hoping this isn't the case, and that this spoiler is some kind of joke.
Old 05-15-07, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
i am totally confused by #2. Can someone explain this to me?
Annie is the little girl that gave young Ben the Apollo bar when he first got to the island with his dad. She also talked to him in the classroom when the 'hostiles' attacked and she gave him the wooden doll for his birthday.

Alpert is Richard Alpert...guy young Ben sees in the woods after testing the sonic/make you foam at the mouth and bleed at the ears fence on his pet rabbit. Also the guy that was with Juliet when she was recruited to be on the island. Oh yeah, he always looks like he is wearing eyeliner.
Old 05-15-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvdhook
I just read this on another web site - if true, this is a massive spoiler for the final episode!! Proceed with caution!! Personally, I think this sounds kind of ridiculous and hope it isn't true.

Spoiler:

Apparently they are inverting the structure of the show starting with the season finale. So far the events on the island have taken place in present time, and are intercut with flashbacks before the characters came to the island. However, starting with the final episode, events off the island take place in present time (after the characters have been rescued), and are intercut with flashbacks to the island.

In the final episode we will be watching what we think are Jack's flashbacks, only to find out in the last few minutes that we have been watching Jack after he got off the island.

If this is the case, Lost will basically be copying the format of the incredibly lame and prematurely cancelled show Nine. I'm really hoping this isn't the case, and that this spoiler is some kind of joke.
Yeah, this is wayyyy too extreme. I hope it doesn't happen.
Old 05-15-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
This site supposedly has the synopsis, deaths and big finale of the next two episodes. Proceed with caution but also realize that all of these things that have been spread on the net could be utter crap. I like reading spoilers as you never really know what it is true. Up to this point I have read four very different possible "snake in the mailbox" scenarios and they all have their pluses and minuses.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/
Old 05-15-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 384 Likes on 309 Posts
Well I couldn't resist reading the spoilers --- and while I hope it's not true (because I already spoiled it for myself), it really is f'ing awesome!!
Old 05-15-07, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDhook's potential huge spoiler is actually not a terrible idea for part or all of the final season. But it sounds like an awful idea for a show with three seasons to go.
Old 05-15-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
Yeah, this is wayyyy too extreme. I hope it doesn't happen.
It's a cool idea for an episode or two (season finale/next year's premiere), but I don't see how it works over the long haul... Of course, at the very least, if they do this that should get rid of those silly "purgatory" theories that keep hitting these threads.
Old 05-15-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 268 Likes on 196 Posts
Personally I hope all of those spoilers turn out to be crap because they don't sound interesing at all and really don't jive with the direction the show is presently going.
Old 05-15-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think if the supposed finale turns out to be true it takes away all of the importance of everything that is on the island that we have seen right now. What will be the significance of the four-toed statue, Alpert and his ageless crew, the remnants of Dharma, the monster, the island's secrets? It will basically make all of this really insignificant. I don't want a story that skips around to different chapters as it adds to more confusion and lessens the urgence of surviving. This is usually implemented to seem "cool" and has only worked well in a couple of movies: Pulp Fiction and Donnie Darko (partially because of the time travel).
Old 05-15-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can really tell lost is back on track when the thread page counts reach this high.
I'm really loving the way this series is heading lately. they saved the show.
Old 05-15-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish people would spoilerize speculation to spoilers..shouldn't they?
Old 05-15-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shady12
I wish people would spoilerize speculation to spoilers..shouldn't they?
Everything is pure speculation to this point as none of it has been proven to be true at all. I wouldn't put much weight on anything as I have read four different guaranteed endings to the season finale. Speculating about what will happen is far different than telling what really happens.
Old 05-15-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I don't read spoilers, and people talking openly about their thoughts on supposed spoilers give an indication on what is going to happen, or not happen. Speculating on things we've seen based on what is in an aired episode, I understand and like to engage in.
Old 05-15-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Everything is pure speculation to this point as none of it has been proven to be true at all. I wouldn't put much weight on anything as I have read four different guaranteed endings to the season finale. Speculating about what will happen is far different than telling what really happens.
Yeah, but even though these "speculations" "might" just be pure speculation, there are some that might actually get it right. So, the "speculation" on the "speculations" could turn out to be a spoiler. I mean, it's bad enough people are speculating on 24 - regardless of how bad it's been this season - I now know what will take place during the final moments. And I didn't even read ANY spoilers...just "speculation".
Old 05-15-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Yeah, but even though these "speculations" "might" just be pure speculation, there are some that might actually get it right. So, the "speculation" on the "speculations" could turn out to be a spoiler. I mean, it's bad enough people are speculating on 24 - regardless of how bad it's been this season - I now know what will take place during the final moments. And I didn't even read ANY spoilers...just "speculation".

Well everything that I have posted as a possible spoiler has been marked as a spoiler to warn those to read at their own risk. If I have possibly spoiled anything with other statements that I have made then I am truly sorry. All I can tell you is that my mind has been blown the past few days with the variety of scenarios that I have read since yesterday, which I really hope that none of them are true. But then I think back to last year and the supposed finale where a shuttle of sorts was supposed to land on the island/beach with two Dharma men stepping out of it and then a fade to black.
Old 05-15-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I've been saying from day one ... spoiler tag anything you think might happen, because it actually might.
Old 05-15-07, 07:33 PM
bcd

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey, I have a silly question. I have been watching Lost since about mid-season, I saw a few random episodes from Season one and two(they are currently on order), but my question is how long have they been on the island at this point?

Thanks,
bcd

On a side note I love reading the weekly posts on each episode, you guys do a great job.
Old 05-15-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Just over 90 days. According to lostpedia, The Man Behind the Curtain was days 92-93.
Old 05-16-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This site supposedly has the synopsis, deaths and big finale of the next two episodes. Proceed with caution but also realize that all of these things that have been spread on the net could be utter crap. I like reading spoilers as you never really know what it is true. Up to this point I have read four very different possible "snake in the mailbox" scenarios and they all have their pluses and minuses.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/
Bumped for those interested in the spoilers. If you don't want to know then don't go there and please don't complain about spoilers.