O'Donnell Leaving 'The View'

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-25-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...3077493&page=1

April 25, 2007 Rosie O'Donnell is leaving "The View." ABC has been unable to come to a contractual agreement with "The View" co-host. As a result, her duties on the show will come to an end mid-June.

The president of daytime programming for the Disney-ABC Television Group, Brian Frons, told ABCNEWS.com, "Going in we knew we would have an amazing year with her, and that anything beyond that would be gravy. But we were willing to take the chance because we understood what a coup it was to entice Ro back to daytime television. So here we are a year later, and while we've tried to come to terms on a deal that would extend her co-hosting duties on 'The View,' we find ourselves unable to agree on some key elements."

According to Barbara Walters, creator and co-executive producer of "The View," the departure is an amicable one.

In a statement, Walters said: "I induced Rosie to come back to television on 'The View' even for just one year. She has given the program new vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be grateful to her for this year. I am very sad that ABC Daytime could not reach an agreement with her for a second year. We will all miss Rosie on 'The View,' and hope she will be back with us often next season. She remains for me a cherished friend and colleague."

O'Donnell said: "This has been an amazing experience, and one I wouldn't have traded for the world. Working with Barbara, Joy and Elisabeth has been one of the highlights of my career, but my needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me. To all the viewers out there, I just want to say 'thank you' for opening up your hearts and your homes to me this past year. But you can always find me at rosie.com. Here's hoping there's more confetti for all of us going forward."

Frons said: "That's the business, and something we knew was a real possibility the entire time. So we part as friends, and hope that we can entice Rosie back next year to take part in a series of one-hour specials for us like our recent show on Autism. And maybe, if we're lucky, we'll be able to convince her to guest co-host once in a while as well."

O'Donnell has been the recent subject of headlines for her ongoing feud with Donald Trump, and media speculation over her departure from "The View."

The real estate mogul and O'Donnell tussled after O'Donnell called him "a snake oil salesman," after he announced he would not fire scandal-plagued Miss USA Tara Conner. Trump threatened to sue O'Donnell, but later backed down.

There are no current plans to announce a new co-host.
Old 04-25-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rosie wanted out and was saying anything to get out. No one could be that retarded (except for a vocal few in our own Political Forum).
Old 04-25-07, 10:18 AM

I believe she was that retarted. It sounds like it was only a year contract anyways, and she was not able to get what she wanted from ABC.
Old 04-25-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 144 Posts
Thank god.
Old 04-25-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
i thought she was a blast and fun to watch on that show, she has guts, and made for good tv.

now I will go back to not watching the view ever again.

I am sure she will pop up on another program of sorts.. her contract was minimal and I am sure she wanted her market share price I think she signed on for only $1mill, and based on the views huge ratings increase this season, deserved much more..
Old 04-25-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Obviously this is about money. I wonder if Rosie thinks she can get more money doing anything else.
Old 04-25-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Status Pre-Rosie - Didn't watch
Status During Rosie - Didn't watch
Status Post Rosie - You guessed it!

Ratings went up while she was there, so expect another loudmouth to replace her.
Old 04-25-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Rosie wanted out and was saying anything to get out. No one could be that retarded (except for a vocal few in our own Political Forum).
I dunno - was just watching and Hasselbeck said she would love it if Cheney was elected for President. She corrected herself after everyone said WHAT??! She meant to say McCain. She is such a brain fart.

Speak of farts - Trump is taking credit for O'Donnell's departure. Please, I wish HE'd depart!
Old 04-25-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank god. Now mabye my wife will stop watching this stupid shit on the DVR while I'm trying to go to sleep. Nothing like having to hear this annoying pasty face troll droll on while you're trying to rest.
Old 04-25-07, 10:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
According to Barbara Walters, creator and co-executive producer of "The View," the departure is an amicable one.
yeeeeah... right?
Old 04-25-07, 10:57 AM
Banned

I am so broken up about this news...No really, I may shed a tear....
Old 04-25-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Thank god.
Yeah, because I'm sure your "View" watching was tarnished for a year.

Love her or hate her, Rosie was the best thing to happen to "The View" in 10 years.

Like mphtrilogy, I'll go back to not watching "The View" after she leaves.

ETA: and Trump is STILL an asshole.
Old 04-25-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 326 Likes on 264 Posts
What will Bill O'Reilly and other FNC commentators have to talk about now?
Old 04-25-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Only time I'd ever record this in the past was when there was a guest on I wanted to see...I wouldn't even do that for the last year with Rosie on. Now I'll record it once in a while and watch.
Old 04-25-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank God.
Old 04-25-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I fucking hate her.
Old 04-25-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Ratings went up while she was there, so expect another loudmouth to replace her.
Richard Simmons is probably looking for work.
Old 04-25-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk God

For the people cheering that she is leaving The View, what does it matter? Are you regular View watchers?
Old 04-25-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 775 Likes on 501 Posts
Jesus, did Rosie piss in everyone's cornflakes? If I hated people for being "loud" and "stupid" I wouldn't be able to read half of the posts in the Political forum. She definitely brought "The View" to a new high ratings-wise and I'm sure they are sorry to see her go.

However, it sounds like they couldn't reach an agreement and parted ways amicably. It's a pretty big non-story.
Old 04-25-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, so she plans to launch a new show then I would assume. What was this about some award show where she was saying f word dozens of time and grabbing herself in front of young woman?
Old 04-25-07, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Speak of farts - Trump is taking credit for O'Donnell's departure. Please, I wish HE'd depart!
I predict that tonight O'Reilly will try to take credit for it.
Old 04-25-07, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
Jesus, did Rosie piss in everyone's cornflakes? If I hated people for being "loud" and "stupid" I wouldn't be able to read half of the posts in the Political forum. She definitely brought "The View" to a new high ratings-wise and I'm sure they are sorry to see her go.

However, it sounds like they couldn't reach an agreement and parted ways amicably. It's a pretty big non-story.
I agree with everything you said. It's always interesting to me that people in participate in threads about shows they claim they do not watch. OF course, you also have the people who take such delight in making fun of her looks. I wonder if the same people would do that if they had to post a picture of themselves to accompany their comments.
Old 04-25-07, 12:04 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
For the people cheering that she is leaving The View, what does it matter? Are you regular View watchers?
They're probably, like me, tired of seeing her comments on The View replayed over and over again by pundits on the various "news" networks.
Old 04-25-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
I fucking hate her.
I hate fucking her.
Old 04-25-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Groucho
They're probably, like me, tired of seeing her comments on The View replayed over and over again by pundits on the various "news" networks.

Yeah.

FNC can now reclaim that Rosie time for more discussion of Anna Nicole and missing attractive white girls.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.