Old 11-06-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hereby dub Micah "The Fonz."
Old 11-06-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RogerRoger517
So is there really a bomb or does radioactive man simply blow up???
It appears that he burns things when he gets agitated and/or angry.

BTW, is the actor one of the cavemen from the GEICO commercials or what?
Old 11-06-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I hereby dub Micah "The Fonz."
But that means there's a "jump the shark" moment in his future, and I doubt if even Hiro can fix that!
Old 11-06-06, 10:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
When the story turns to the Petrelli running for congress the shows comes t a halt.

I thought the reveal that Micah can tell the difference between Niki and Jessica was better than his the reveal that he has a power.
Old 11-06-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I had a good chuckle when Micah recognized Ando.
Old 11-06-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought the reveal that Micah can tell the difference between Niki and Jessica was better than his the reveal that he has a power.
I don't think that is emblematic of any type of special power on his part if you're suggesting that, but it was interesting that it has happened enough in front of him for him to pick up on the behavior differences. With that said, what Jessica said on the phone made it pretty obvious that it was her. He came right out and asked if it was her, and she tried to bypass the question.
Old 11-07-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I still don't understand is if Sylar is such a bad-ass killer with all these amazing powers then how do the police know they are looking for someone named "Sylar"? Was that ever explained?

When they showed that freaky dudes bombed out room, I figured he was from a rift in the future from after the nuclear explosion, but now I don't know if he caused the nuclear explosion.
Old 11-07-06, 12:33 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

that blonde fbi agent is the worst actress with the worst lines on the show.

greg grunberg reminds me of 'jack' from 'lost'. he's a little tubbier, but they look a bit like brothers and their voices and mannerisms are similar ... just an observation ...
Old 11-07-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I figured that Sylar wasn't the dude's name -- it was just the name that has stuck among the folks who have been investigating the deaths. Think BTK, the unabomber, etc.
Old 11-07-06, 12:36 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

if those italian brothers would fly more, then that would be fun .. otherwise, their stories are soap opera-ish ... and BORING.
Old 11-07-06, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jadzia
What I still don't understand is if Sylar is such a bad-ass killer with all these amazing powers then how do the police know they are looking for someone named "Sylar"? Was that ever explained?
That was EXACTLY what I came into this thread to bitch about. That and Peter Petrelli who talks about seeing the future, flying, and saving the world doesn't believe Nathan when he says someone tried to kidnap him? And why doesn't Nathan give a shit that he can fly?

When they showed that freaky dudes bombed out room, I figured he was from a rift in the future from after the nuclear explosion, but now I don't know if he caused the nuclear explosion.
That's a good thought - it hadn't occurred to me until you mentioned it, but that would make sense.

The writing on this show is extremely erratic. They really need to bring on some quality writers and fire the ones who wrote the first few episodes and this one.
Old 11-07-06, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think what we were supposed to get out of Peter and Nathan was that Peter thought Nathan was making it up because Nathan doesn't want Peter flying about all over the place, drawing attention to himself (and Nathan by extension). I think they executed it really poorly, though.

Speaking of that, it seems like there may be some confusion in the writers room over whether Peter can fly on his own or not.
Old 11-07-06, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lara Means
Is this show seriously going to have "To Be Continued" at the end of all 20+ episodes? I guess fans of Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and The Wire are smart enough to figure out they are watching a serialized tv show on their own.
I think this just lends to the comic book quality of the show. Like the chapter title and the voice-over.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I figured that Sylar wasn't the dude's name -- it was just the name that has stuck among the folks who have been investigating the deaths. Think BTK, the unabomber, etc.
Except that the name "Sylar" was in Mohinder's dad's journal...

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
if those italian brothers would fly more, then that would be fun .. otherwise, their stories are soap opera-ish ... and BORING.
If this show were all action, I guarantee that it wouldn't be as popular as it is now... I definitely know that my wife wouldn't watch it. I think its these stories, no matter how boring they are, that gives these characters life and dimension... it gives us a reason to care or hate (for example, how much more of an ass did Nathan become when you realized that he cheated on his wheelchair-bound wife?). It's like Battlestar Galactica... without all the politics, religion, relationships, etc., it's really just a show about spaceships and robots.

Speaking of that, it seems like there may be some confusion in the writers room over whether Peter can fly on his own or not.
I don't think Peter really understands the extent of his powers yet. Maybe he thinks that when he finished Isaac's painting, it was just a weird aberration or an extension of Isaac's power. He's just so fixated on his flying abilities that he can't see the whole story. That and he's not a very bright guy.

Last edited by vududaddi; 11-07-06 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-07-06, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
greg grunberg reminds me of 'jack' from 'lost'. he's a little tubbier, but they look a bit like brothers and their voices and mannerisms are similar ... just an observation ...
well he was the pilot in that plane they found in the cockpit in the trees...coincidence? well, yes.

ok, and I dub Micah "Repairman." Even though he's a boy. Will that work? Bah.

And sure, kinda slow episode, but still enjoyable. Matt smacking that dude sleepin with his wife was great. I didn't think he'd do it. Then WOP!
Old 11-07-06, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Something else that bothered me. First of all setting up a random car on fire in the middle of the highway in the middle of nowhere just to have DL show his ability. Then to have Hiro and Ando happen to be there at the same time. THEN to have DL go through the window to open the door, when anyone could've just broken the window with a rock or their elbow and done the same thing. Something about that scene just really bugged the hell out of me. It just felt so contrived. From episode to episode I switch back and forth between being really annoyed and feeling some hope because the writing got better.

Last edited by hahn; 11-07-06 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-07-06, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by hahn
Something else that bothered me. First of all setting up a random car on fire in the middle of the highway in the middle of nowhere just to have DL show his ability. Then to have Hiro and Ando happen to be there at the same time. THEN to have DL go through the window to open the door, when anyone could've just broken the window with a rock or their elbow and done the same thing. Something about that scene just really bugged the hell out of me. It just felt so contrived. From episode to episode I switch back and forth between being really annoyed and feeling some hope because the writing got better.
While I agree there were a lot of coincidences, that happens all the time in shows like this. I don't think it's really something to get worked up about.
Old 11-07-06, 05:29 AM

The single biggest thing that bugs the hell out of me is that we regularly and systematically get 6-7 minutes of TV show and 4-5 minutes of commecials. That takes a lot of pleasure out of watching this.
Old 11-07-06, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have a big problem with Peter wondering if Nathan was lying about the kidnapping. It's been pretty well established to this point that, apart from a little reticence at using his wife's condition for political gain, Nathan will say or do just about anything to get what he wants. And it's not like he's been straightforward and honest with Peter up to this point. Peter's getting used to being used by his brother and I think he's going to take practically anything his brother tells him with a bucket of salt from now on.

As for the car fire, that didn't really bother me too much, either. The show has been very open about the coincidental connections between the various "heroes", clearly trying to establish that they're playing roles in a larger plan, call it destiny or whatnot. Clearly, DL and Hiro were meant to cross paths, just as Niki and Nathan did, just as Niki and Hiro's friend did, etc. I do want to see this explored a little more, otherwise it could become as annoying as the coincidental connections on "Lost".
Old 11-07-06, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dpz301
Spoiler:
yeah, it looks like he can fix things by touching them.
He may can fix things, but its apparently not permanent. Anyone notice that when DL picks up the phone, its not working? Or maybe he has the ability to "break" it again.

I was going to say the same thing about the "To Be Continued" line...its just a comic book reference. Just like how the subtitles for Hiro and Ando are not at the bottom of the screen, but in the approximate location they would be in a comic book, minus the balloons of course.
Old 11-07-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
ok, and I dub Micah "Repairman." Even though he's a boy. Will that work?
I like "Fixit" better.
Old 11-07-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, is the actor one of the cavemen from the GEICO commercials or what?
I thought the same thing.
Old 11-07-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I called Matt's partner sleeping with his wife the minute I saw him in the locker room. Hmmm...maybe it's my special power. I can tell who is sleeping with who! Ha, this should be fun!
Old 11-07-06, 07:18 AM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I like "Fixit" better.
Let's just call him Forge.
Old 11-07-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How about "Mecha"? (sounds like Micah)
Old 11-07-06, 07:22 AM

So does the fire guy that thinks he can go off like a nuclear explosion end up being the nuke in New York?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.