Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Top Chef Season 2 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
Anyone catch the new episode last night? This one was 15 minutes longer than the standard hour. Pretty goot episode. I'm not surprised with who got sent home.
Old 01-04-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
That chick with the ugly mug got booted.

Looks like the final four will probably be:

Elia
Ilan
Sam
Marcel or Cliff
Old 01-04-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was when Debi Mazar said that Marcel's foam looked like cat spit.
Old 01-05-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have a crush on Marcel.
Old 01-05-07, 08:40 AM

I think most the hate towards Marcel, comes from envy on that show. I don't get why you couldn't control your anger and hold it together when you know you're being taped. Who would really want to be on tv looking like some real @sshole who picks on somebody all the time.

The whole let's not help him serve, the one guy ripping on Marcel's food etc. was pretty pathetic.

I'm hoping for Elia, or Marcel to win it all.

I feel it will be Sam in the end though.
Old 01-05-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
I think most the hate towards Marcel, comes from envy on that show. I don't get why you couldn't control your anger and hold it together when you know you're being taped. Who would really want to be on tv looking like some real @sshole who picks on somebody all the time.

The whole let's not help him serve, the one guy ripping on Marcel's food etc. was pretty pathetic.

I'm hoping for Elia, or Marcel to win it all.

I feel it will be Sam in the end though.

I completely agree with your post. The reunion show should be rather interesting for this season. I could be wrong, but I thought that I heard them say that the finale is on January 24. If so, then they will have to get rid of four chefs in the next two weeks. BTW, I do hope that Marcel will lay off of the foam.
Old 01-05-07, 09:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Marcel may actually be a decent shef in 10 years or so, but he seems very raw right now.

The suprise of the week was from michael, could he actually last a few more weeks? I thought he should have been gone for at least 4 eps now, he's a big time darkhorse, but now way they let him win it.

I was pretty disspaointed in Ilan for slamming Marcel, who I can't stand. but it made him seems worse than Marcel.

Pretty good season so far though.
Old 01-05-07, 12:13 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Ilan came off like a HUGE ass in this episode. bashing marcel's dish and constantly making the remarks about marcel's virginity (who does that? this isn't a fraternity).

and betty saying marcel snapped at her? He just said "not now!"

but yeah, he makes waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many foams.

as for everyone else, i didn't think ANY dishes fit with their associated sin. they probably tasted good, but they were all a stretch.
Old 01-05-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
as for everyone else, i didn't think ANY dishes fit with their associated sin. they probably tasted good, but they were all a stretch.
I think the dish Mike had planned would have associated really well. Not his fault the market ran out of crab.
Old 01-05-07, 01:58 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, that's the only one. but it's not what he ended up doing, so not a fit. but yeah, that would have been the only one that worked.

maybe sam's was possible (with it being spicy). cliff's was a real stretch.
Old 01-05-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James

I completely agree with your post. The reunion show should be rather interesting for this season. I could be wrong, but I thought that I heard them say that the finale is on January 24. If so, then they will have to get rid of four chefs in the next two weeks. BTW, I do hope that Marcel will lay off of the foam.
I think the Finale will be the 31th (haven't they been hyping that the top design show will follow the finale of this show?). The 24th should be either the first half of the finale or the reunion show where they will reveal who won the $10,000 audience pick (I am hoping it will be Marcel just to stick it to the other chefs).
Ilan, Sam and Betty are bullies. Marcel may be annoying but he didn't deserve all the hate/venom from these guys ... especially since the editing showed him offering to help them all the time. It looks like Sam will win this but I am hoping the final 3 will be Marcel, Elia and Michael (though it will probably be Sam, Cliff and Elia in the Final three).
Old 01-11-07, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, Michaels gone. I think I'll miss his comic relief, although I agree that it was time for him to go.The preview for next weeks show looked pretty good.
Old 01-11-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I just can't see any of them winning this. I was pulling for Cliff and Sam but Cliff has turned into an ass and Sam has a different excuse for something every week. I guess I'm pulling for Irlan(?) now.
Old 01-11-07, 05:21 PM

Strange. During some of her talking head clips, it looked like Elia was wearing a wig with a headband to try and cover it up. And Ilan had the top of his head all covered up during a couple of his clips. What's up with that?

Marcel should be booted if just for his bad rapping, but now it kind of looks like they're building this up to be a Marcel vs. Ilan showdown.
Old 01-11-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Strange. During some of her talking head clips, it looked like Elia was wearing a wig with a headband to try and cover it up. And Ilan had the top of his head all covered up during a couple of his clips. What's up with that?

preview spoiler

Spoiler:
I didn't notice that. It would go along with my theory that the prank next week involves cutting someones hair.
Old 01-11-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was a hair-net.
Old 01-11-07, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
I just can't see any of them winning this. I was pulling for Cliff and Sam but Cliff has turned into an ass and Sam has a different excuse for something every week. I guess I'm pulling for Irlan(?) now.
I agree. I once thought Sam and Ilan had the edge, but the further we get into the season and bigger asshats they become, I'm realizing neither is in the same league as last year's winner. I can't see any of this year's finalists opening a restaurant in NY as he did.
Old 01-11-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Cliff should have went...He's pretty much the biggest prick and throws everyone under the bus. Sure Marcel is a douche, but at least he's concerned with winning where Cliff just tries to get by.
Old 01-12-07, 02:17 AM

I hate Cliff, especially since he was all "I hatezors Marcel, LAWL!" What the hell? Marcel was the only one who stepped up and tried to help him in the colored food quickfire challenge. Yeah, his rapping/poem/whatever sucks and he's an arrogant little shit, but damn, he ain't as bad as the rest of the bunch.

I think Mikey got sent home just on an excuse. They gave him a list, and sent the guy on vicodin to get the stuff on the list. Sam decided not to get the hooch. HE should have went home. "Oh, your teammates are carrying you." MY ASS! The guy won a doublewhammy last wek and gets sent home this week based on others' decisions. And what about the disgusting gnocchi Sam sent out there? Why is Sam still there? Someone tell me.
Old 01-12-07, 02:25 AM

I hate Cliff, especially since he was all "I hatezors Marcel, LAWL!" What the hell? Marcel was the only one who stepped up and tried to help him in the colored food quickfire challenge. Yeah, his rapping/poem/whatever sucks and he's an arrogant little shit, but damn, he ain't as bad as the rest of the bunch.

I think Mikey got sent home just on an excuse. They gave him a list, and sent the guy on vicodin to get the stuff on the list. Sam decided not to get the hooch. HE should have went home. "Oh, your teammates are carrying you." MY ASS! The guy won a doublewhammy last week and gets sent home this week based on others' decisions. And what about the disgusting gnocchi Sam sent out there? Why is Sam still there? Someone tell me.
Old 01-13-07, 12:16 AM

I kind of doubt Marcel will win this thing. It would be too much like the last Project Runway, where the arrogant guy that the other designers hated, ended up winning it all. But I could see Marcel in the Final pitted against Ilan or Sam. I'm sure Marcel would be foaming at the mouth to beat one of those guys.
Old 01-15-07, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a potentially huge spoiler pertaining to this weeks show. Be warned.
Spoiler:
Old 01-15-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sure Marcel would be foaming at the mouth to beat one of those guys.
FOAMING
Old 01-15-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Because he's Chef Tom's butt-boy. Sam should have gotten the boot on the breakfast at the beach episode, but Tom protected him and sent Frank home. I've been backing Marcel from the very beginning and I'm so glad that I did. Sam is a gutless bully, always trying to stir shit up. Ilan is Sam's bitch and he's delusional. He's every bit as much of a sissy as Marcel and I don't see him doing very well with the ladies either. Cliff has a serious anger issue, especially with women. Here's hoping for a Marcel-Elia final. Joel Robechon would be proud. This show should be renamed Top Bully(mainly because none of them have any real culinary talent from what I can see).

Spoiler:
My guess for next week's episode is that Cliff takes an electric razor to Marcel's head as he sleeps. Bravo kicks Cliff out of the competiton for this assault. Ilan and Sam were conspirators and know that they are also in hot water, so they shave their own heads as some sort of BS apology in hopes that this will keep them on the show. If this does happen, I hope Marcel presses criminal charges and we can see the Gang of 3 hauled off in handcuffs.
Your guess about what is going to happen is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
Old 01-16-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Because he's Chef Tom's butt-boy. Sam should have gotten the boot on the breakfast at the beach episode, but Tom protected him and sent Frank home. I've been backing Marcel from the very beginning and I'm so glad that I did. Sam is a gutless bully, always trying to stir shit up. Ilan is Sam's bitch and he's delusional. He's every bit as much of a sissy as Marcel and I don't see him doing very well with the ladies either. Cliff has a serious anger issue, especially with women. Here's hoping for a Marcel-Elia final. Joel Robechon would be proud. This show should be renamed Top Bully(mainly because none of them have any real culinary talent from what I can see).

Spoiler:
My guess for next week's episode is that Cliff takes an electric razor to Marcel's head as he sleeps. Bravo kicks Cliff out of the competiton for this assault. Ilan and Sam were conspirators and know that they are also in hot water, so they shave their own heads as some sort of BS apology in hopes that this will keep them on the show. If this does happen, I hope Marcel presses criminal charges and we can see the Gang of 3 hauled off in handcuffs.
What's up with all the bullshit terms you use? "Butt-boy", Ilan being "Sam's bitch", "Sissy".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.