Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Top Chef Season 2 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm thinking Elia is looking better and better as these other guys all try to top each other on who's the biggest jerk. And incredibly I hate marcel less and less as the show goes on, either great editing or true colors coming out.
Old 01-16-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I'm thinking Elia is looking better and better as these other guys all try to top each other on who's the biggest jerk. And incredibly I hate marcel less and less as the show goes on, either great editing or true colors coming out.
Agreed. Elia stays out of all the crap and simply does what she's supposed to do. I would like to see her win.
Old 01-16-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Elia is definitely starting to grow on me as well while the boys all bitch at each other. Marcel is still as big of a putz to me as he ever was. It is just that the other guys are catching up to him now unfortuantely as I think he continues to get further under their skin.
Old 01-16-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,138 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I'm thinking Elia is looking better and better as these other guys all try to top each other on who's the biggest jerk.
I agree but I don't see her running her own place. To do that you have to be a prick sometimes. If you're too nice your employees and customers will run over you.
Old 01-16-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I'm sorry my post wasn't PC enough for you. I made the appropriate edits to make it less objectionable for you.
It has nothing to do with being PC. I was simply turned off by your homophobic bullshit.
Old 01-16-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a little PC if you ask me. If Sam was kissing up to a woman the same type of phrases would be used, in general, he has is lip planted firmly on Tom's behind.

I've always liked Marcel. He's too young and inexperienced to win this thing, but I think he's innovative.
Old 01-16-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by iggystar
Being a little PC if you ask me. If Sam was kissing up to a woman the same type of phrases would be used, in general, he has is lip planted firmly on Tom's behind.

I've always liked Marcel. He's too young and inexperienced to win this thing, but I think he's innovative.
All of the poster's name calling had negative homosexual connotations . Why not just say "He's an ass kisser"? Anyway, I agree that Sam is kissing ass big time and should have been sent packing his knives on numerous occasions.
Old 01-16-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Its amazing how on a show like this people really show their true colours. I am not a fan of Marcel by any means, he is a real geek who has zero social skills, but at least he seems to be creative and creates dishes that look like high end meals. It seems that network execs must have a hard on for bitchy two faced gay men (See also Real World). Ilan on the show is just utterly horrible. He has little talent from what i have seen and just is an annoyance. The worst in thehouse was Betty for lack of talent and just having a big mouth. I was more than happy to see her booted from the show. It seems that Sam is the most consistent in the show but i would like to see Elia win. She is the most down to earth and has good cooking abilities.
Old 01-16-07, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a
I am not a fan of Marcel by any means, he is a real geek who has zero social skills,
Ahhhh, you've completely revealed why I have a crush on him. Now I understand.
Old 01-16-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by james2025a
Ilan on the show is just utterly horrible. He has little talent from what i have seen and just is an annoyance.
I liked him at first but after the stunt he pulled dissing Marcel's "Sin" desert and the backstabbing, I'm no longer in his corner. Everyone seems to be "bitchy and two faced" except for Elia.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 01-16-07 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-17-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there a new episode tonight? The TV Guide usually has "new" written in red marking new episodes and it isn't this time.
Old 01-17-07, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Is there a new episode tonight? The TV Guide usually has "new" written in red marking new episodes and it isn't this time.
Bravo is showing all 10 of the previous episodes today, starting at 12 noon Eastern Time. The new episode, "Sense and Sensuality", will air at 10 PM. This is the episode where things are supposed to really get out of hand. I can't wait to see how things unfold.
Old 01-17-07, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
All of the poster's name calling had negative homosexual connotations . Why not just say "He's an ass kisser"? Anyway, I agree that Sam is kissing ass big time and should have been sent packing his knives on numerous occasions.
Yes, but everything dealing with sexuality doesn't have to be negative about orientation. For instance if it was Elia brown nosing, she would be termed by me and my friends as a "c-jocker", "skank", etc., etc. It wouldn't mean I was a heterophobe. Crass, maybe. Insensitive, OK.
Old 01-17-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bravo is showing all 10 of the previous episodes today, starting at 12 noon Eastern Time. The new episode, "Sense and Sensuality", will air at 10 PM. This is the episode where things are supposed to really get out of hand. I can't wait to see how things unfold.

Thanks

Yeah, from some of the spoilers I've read, things really do get out of hand.

I would love to see Marcel or Elia win.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 01-17-07 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-17-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, but everything dealing with sexuality doesn't have to be negative about orientation. For instance if it was Elia brown nosing, she would be termed by me and my friends as a "c-jocker", "skank", etc., etc. It wouldn't mean I was a heterophobe. Crass, maybe. Insensitive, OK.
Agreed. I think I needed some beers yesterday.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 01-17-07 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-17-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With these shows, it always starts off me hating someone, then me actually pulling for them...Still not 100% on Marcel, but I wouldnt mind if he won. Of course my fav is Elia, well just because I am a guy and all, but wouldnt be mad if Marcel won.
Old 01-17-07, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
With these shows, it always starts off me hating someone, then me actually pulling for them...Still not 100% on Marcel, but I wouldnt mind if he won
Old 01-18-07, 02:34 AM

Received 238 Likes on 156 Posts
And the Final Four going to Hawaii are:

Elia
Ilan
Marcel
Sam

Cliff gets booted for squashing Marcel while Elia goes for the Sinead O'Connor 'do. All in all a pretty hilarious episode to what's shaped up to be an entertaining season.

I didn't really feel bad for Marcel since the guy's a douche, but the judges will probably feel sorry for him and put him in the final showdown against either Sam or Ilan.
Old 01-18-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode! I'm glad Cliff got the boot. He was being an asshole. He's a huge dude compared to Marcel. The Sinead look works for Elia since she has a pretty face.....her and Ilan's hair must grow at the speed of light judging from the previews for next week's show.

I have a feeling Sam will win the contest. I started watching the program in the middle of the season and immediately had that feeling.
Old 01-18-07, 07:41 AM

Cliff is a moron, period. Like Marcel or hate him, you can't just wake a dude up and start manhandling him. Why look so shocked to be booted Cliff? Good riddance and I think Marcel took it in stride.

Elia's pixie-like face can certainly pull of such a short cut. As a matter of fact, she probably should have had it short anyways, it was too much hair before.
Old 01-18-07, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At first, I thought "What in the fuck are you doing Elia?!?!", as I thought her hair made her that much hotter. But you know, damn if I didnt find it pretty sexy. Anyways, I do hope she wins but as long as Ilan doesnt win, I would be happy.
Old 01-18-07, 08:47 AM

And I love when Marcel tries to talk "urban". He's just a geek and I love him.
Old 01-18-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And I love when Marcel tries to talk "urban". He's just a geek and I love him.

He would look better with short hair.
Old 01-18-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They should just take a baseball bat to Marcel's knees and be done with it. These cheftestants are completely out of control this year. I think that I was more disturbed by Ilan's off camera taunting while Cliff was going Ric Flair on Marcel. Ilan was downright giddy about the whole situation(kinda reminded me of that character in "The Karate Kid" that told Johnny to get a body bag). Another question-is there a reason why Ilan has about 5 different watches on his arm?
Old 01-18-07, 11:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another question-is there a reason why Ilan has about 5 different watches on his arm?
I assumed he was wearing the watches of some of the departed chefs as a tribute of some sort.

Either that or he's just a huge douche.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.