Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 02/02/06 - Season Premiere

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Why hasnt the NAACP gone after survivor, since they routinely have the most pathetic black contestants..
And teh jury's still out on the 'young men' alpha dog dude, since he really didnt do much yet
How do we know the black contestants are lame? Too early to tell with the lawyer guy, (although arrogant asshole was my first impression) and Cerie suffered from some definate culture shock, but may surprise us down the line.
Old 02-03-06, 04:12 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I bet the idol on exile island is in the water barrel.
Methinks its buried under the big wooden skull thingy.

Either that or under it there's a secret hatch that leads to an underground bunker with a fridge, gun closet, computer and a kickin' vinyl collection.
Old 02-03-06, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Methinks its buried under the big wooden skull thingy.

Either that or under it there's a secret hatch that leads to an underground bunker with a fridge, gun closet, computer and a kickin' vinyl collection.

Get 'Lost' with your comments!

Chris
Old 02-03-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike7162
How do we know the black contestants are lame? Too early to tell with the lawyer guy, (although arraogent asshole was my first impression) and Cerie suffered from some definate culture shock, but may surprise us down the line.
Im talking over 10 seasons...and Cirie is DEFINATLY lame
Old 02-03-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Daaaamn Danielle (thats the one that was in the green low cut shirt right?) is uglier than shit. That is one hideous bitch. In those one on ones with her goofy eyes and tight skin face, she looks like Fire Marshal Bill.
I have nothing against cleavage, but hers seemed grotesquely unnatural.

Last edited by davidh777; 02-03-06 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-03-06, 07:14 PM

Why dont they have you give the idol to Probst if you find it? That way you wouldn't have to worry about concealing it until the proper time and nobody would be the wiser.
Old 02-03-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no idea why the older women didn't vote out the black lady. She is the most useless in their group. Why would you vote out a person that started the fire, help built the shelter, got a big ass fish, even though it came to her, and seem to be the strongest?

Who care if Danielle's boobs looks grotesquely unnatural, it still looks yummy

Man, Misty is a hottie. Playboy need to approach her to do a spread
Old 02-03-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy

Who care if Danielle's boobs looks grotesquely unnatural, it still looks yummy
Grotesquely yummy?
Old 02-03-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Danielle is probably the hottest that has been on Survivor yet damm ~

anyways dont care for having all the tribes, makes it less exciting when they are going to be voting someone off. since there are only four. so-so start but Danielle being so hot makes it actually be a pretty good start
Old 02-03-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, men vs. women, old vs. young.

I can't wait until next season when we see the White, Black, Asian, and Hispanic teams compete against each other. Hey, how about a special Muslim vs. Jew edition?

Of course that would be considered outrageous. But why is ok to exploit gender and age differences? We get it. Young people are stupid, old people are weak, women are catty, men are cocky. Blah blah blah.

I do like the Exile Island twist and the it's nice to see the rules changed up a bit. Did Misty even look for the idol? With the clue being about their fate that brought them there, I figured it had to do with the challenge they lost, so I wonder why she did not look near where the skull pile was at.

As far as the previews next week, I thought it seemed obvious
Spoiler:
that there were two people together on Exile Island. Which would explain why there was a man and a woman interacting, as opposed to a team merge.

That Astronaut guy was the whitest guy I have ever seen in my life. He looked like Powder.
Old 02-04-06, 12:22 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
actually do we even really know if she DID or DIDNT find the immunity idol already and wasn't bluffing?

it could be they just aren't going to show the person finding it until it's actually about to be used.

I agree. Misty's eyes are as pretty as Jake Gyllenhall's.

I think this was the most boring anti-climactic first episode of Survivor ever. But then again, they all seem to start out that way until you can find a couple favorites to root for....
Old 02-04-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
That Astronaut guy was the whitest guy I have ever seen in my life. He looked like Powder.

I immediately thought Robert Duvall as Boo Radley.

As for why they didn't vote off Cirie, I think Cirie's talk earlier in the ep. about getting rid of the thoughest competitors to ensure her own survival resonated with the other women. They're stupidly thinking self-preservation over the preservation of their tribe.
Old 02-04-06, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeandTide

I immediately thought Robert Duvall as Boo Radley.

As for why they didn't vote off Cirie, I think Cirie's talk earlier in the ep. about getting rid of the thoughest competitors to ensure her own survival resonated with the other women. They're stupidly thinking self-preservation over the preservation of their tribe.
And let's just hope most of the votes don't go this way, or we'll end up with a bunch of worthless weaklings, who probably won't be able to even finish the challenges.
Old 02-04-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
And let's just hope most of the votes don't go this way, or we'll end up with a bunch of worthless weaklings, who probably won't be able to even finish the challenges.
Haven't we already had a season like that?

Anyway, really stupid move voting out Tina. She was the only one who really knew what she was doing. She could have been a huge help around camp. And with only 4 people on a team, it makes every individual so much more important in challenges. If there is a weak link, with so few people, he/she will stick out like a sore thumb. That vote come prove to be the beginning of the end for the older women.
Old 02-04-06, 03:55 PM

TimeandTide, I agree on the self pres, but I was shocked to hear they are already thinking endgame so early. I agree, that vote off was batsh*t crazy, hopefully it will come back to hurt them.

I was really surprised that they would pair the astronaut with the fighter pilot, that seems like the makings of a rock-solid alliance to me.

I actually think the smoking guy detox angle is kinda cool, haven't seen that on survivor before.

And don't you think Cirise would have 'battle tested' her suit to see if her wallies would come pouring out?
Old 02-04-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Did you correctly read my post?
oops, I meant to respond to Red Dog's post above yours. That's what I get for trying to multi-task at work
Old 02-04-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by kenage
Why dont they have you give the idol to Probst if you find it? That way you wouldn't have to worry about concealing it until the proper time and nobody would be the wiser.
If I had to guess i would say they probably only see Jeff at the challenges and Tribal Council so there wouldn't be a chance to give it to him without the other players knowing about it.
Old 02-06-06, 09:18 AM

actually do we even really know if she DID or DIDNT find the immunity idol already and wasn't bluffing?

it could be they just aren't going to show the person finding it until it's actually about to be used.
I am thinking the same thing. They didn't show that Gary had found the idol last season, they wanted to keep the suspense there until someone is about to be voted out. I see the same thing happening this season. First time the younger women tribe is up at TC, we'll be wondering if she's got the idol.