Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 02/02/06 - Season Premiere

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I'll reserve judgment on how they split the tribes, but I did find it funny how the young guys were totally clueless and how the young women were all chatty but little action. Then the golden girls not voting off the fat chick?

I love how they changed the way you can use the hidden immunity idol - to after a vote, rather than before. I complained about this last season. It makes it so much more important now.
Old 02-03-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats wiered is that Outcast Island is so small you could cover every square inch in a couple of hours
Old 02-03-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 120 Posts
Major Spoiler Alert. May give away ultimate winner! admin

Keep in mind about the spoiler
Spoiler:
It's possible the dude never worked for AA, that might have been the lie, and he is/was a fighter pilot the whole time, so he wouldn't be listed in a directory
Old 02-03-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
Keep in mind about the spoiler
Spoiler:
It's possible the dude never worked for AA, that might have been the lie, and he is/was a fighter pilot the whole time, so he wouldn't be listed in a directory

Spoiler:
Our company-wide email that goes out every day about industry trends, AA-specific news, etc.. mentioned him the other day about being a pilot for American.
Old 02-03-06, 10:07 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djbrown
Spoiler:
Our company-wide email that goes out every day about industry trends, AA-specific news, etc.. mentioned him the other day about being a pilot for American.
Maybe they're in on the conspiracy .
Old 02-03-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Whats wiered is that Outcast Island is so small you could cover every square inch in a couple of hours
uhh, 2 were definitely large and Tina wasn't exactly skinny either.

Cirie and Melinda (the girl who stood their during the immunity challenge trying to cheat by copying what the other group's were doing) both should've been voted off.

awesome, I responded to the wrong post. I meant to respond to Red Dog's. That's what I get for trying to multi-task at work

Last edited by Dabaomb; 02-03-06 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-03-06, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

uhh, 2 were definitely large and Tina wasn't exactly skinny either.
Did you correctly read my post?
Old 02-03-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Spoiler:
Not sure you can assume anything since they don't reveal the winner till it airs live. He might have made it to the final 2, but thats all they know at this point. And I doubt on an airline pilot's lifestyle that he'd be able to retire if he won it. Its only like 500k. Hell, I don't make crap and i coudn't retire on that. So the fact that he may or may not have quit/retired doesn't really mean much.
Spoiler:
I am acquainted with several active/former airline pilots, and it is not uncommon for them to retire from flying at an age that most people would consider "young." I don't think that info means all that much either, and anyone worried they just spoiled the series for themselves with that info can relax.
Old 02-03-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Misty seems cool, but only an idiot would buy her "I found the idol" routine.
Particulary since Probst will continue to reveal clues about its location. Then again, she was probably feeling quite desperate and paranoid (though perhaps overly so) after being isolated from the other players for what are probably the most cruicial moments of the entire game...the first day.
Old 02-03-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I thought it was hilarious that the older women are like all business, got everything going, the younger men first play around and then are unable to get anything going, the younger women bickered all the time, and the older men have it all together.

I think the alliance the two older men (NASA/armed forces) is real, it felt genuine.

I'd want to be in the older women group. I think the younger guys are going to be the worst, followed by younger women, and the older guys neck to neck.

That younger woman was brilliant ... I thought about tricking people into thinking I didn't find the immunity idol, but I didn't think about tricking people into thinking I found it when I didn't ... I think she bluffed too obviously, though, I would have only brought it up in camp with my own tribe. I think, however, that the I-Hate-Bugs-one is going to be the first to go (I type this as I watch the show).

I'm sorry but... what's Melinda's problem?! I would definitely kick her out first. Do SOMETHING - dig. try to figure out, but just STAND there?!

You know The Lumberjack Lady is starting to aggravate me too... what's with the screams? She did bring a fish though! No one's gunning for Melinda, which is who I would go for still.

Wow Jeff is fueling the fire. Tina JUST buried herself "Oh these three are lazy and I'm doing all the work." She's GONE!

I wonder if Jeff is able to know if someone DID get the immunity idol. And if someone gets it, does another one go up? If let's say the first person finds it, do the other 15 find out or do they search in vain for an idol that's not there?

About to hear the votes....

Yep, Tina's is gone. She was gone when she said that about the others being all lazy... how stupid is that?! That's not how you win Survivor!!

Last edited by GatorDeb; 02-03-06 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-03-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk God

I just wonder whether the Idol is small enough that when you discover it and take it back to camp, you can conceal it. Otherwise, it kind of defeats the purpose of allowing someone to invoke it after a tribal council vote.
Old 02-03-06, 12:15 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I just wonder whether the Idol is small enough that when you discover it and take it back to camp, you can conceal it. Otherwise, it kind of defeats the purpose of allowing someone to invoke it after a tribal council vote.
Keister pack?
Old 02-03-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

damn missed it - is it going to be replayed anytime soon?
Old 02-03-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Particulary since Probst will continue to reveal clues about its location. Then again, she was probably feeling quite desperate and paranoid (though perhaps overly so) after being isolated from the other players for what are probably the most cruicial moments of the entire game...the first day.
I am under the assumption that even if someone finds it and Probst knows about it, he will continue to act as if it has not been found. To not do so would obviously show that the previous person on the island found it.

It must be small enough to conceal fairly easily. Gary did it last year.
Old 02-03-06, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder what would happen if someone stole it. Or claimed it was stolen.
Old 02-03-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I wonder what would happen if someone stole it. Or claimed it was stolen.

That would be great.

That's the thing - if you find it, you may have to conceal it for days, since you only have to use it when you're voted out. I also wonder whether you have the option to donate it to someone else after a vote is taken. That could prove useful if your alliance is on the short end of a 5-4, 4-3, or etc. split.

Last edited by Red Dog; 02-03-06 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-03-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I am under the assumption that even if someone finds it and Probst knows about it, he will continue to act as if it has not been found. To not do so would obviously show that the previous person on the island found it.
Interesting too was that only the person left on the island heard the clue.
Old 02-03-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That could prove useful if your alliance is on the short end of a 5-4, 4-3, or etc. split.
That was what I thought was kind of lame about last season's use. All it did was swap Gary for another one from his side, and he was gone the next week (or a week later, I don't recall). It didn't really change things all that much.
Old 02-03-06, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atari2600
damn missed it - is it going to be replayed anytime soon?

Go to CBS.com and you can view it for 24 hours for $1.99, well worth it if you want to be up to date.

Chris
Old 02-03-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Misty seems cool, but only an idiot would buy her "I found the idol" routine.
That really was the absolute WORST attempted bluff I've ever seen anywhere. SOOO unbelieveable--even worse than Judd looking up high for hours w/Gary watching and saying the idol is definitely on the ground. Awful.

I felt sorry for Tina, everyone saying how weird it was she was on the beach awhile alone (mourning her dead only child) and then being the first one voted off. Stupid move. Even if she'd be a threat later on she was sure to help them in challenges for a while. (Did anyone notice Cerie ALMOST fell back onto the floating dock instead of going over into the water? That would've been ugly...)
Old 02-03-06, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
That really was the absolute WORST attempted bluff I've ever seen anywhere. SOOO unbelieveable--even worse than Judd looking up high for hours w/Gary watching and saying the idol is definitely on the ground. Awful.

I felt sorry for Tina, everyone saying how weird it was she was on the beach awhile alone (mourning her dead only child) and then being the first one voted off. Stupid move. Even if she'd be a threat later on she was sure to help them in challenges for a while. (Did anyone notice Cerie ALMOST fell back onto the floating dock instead of going over into the water? That would've been ugly...)
But it ALWAYS seems to be the 'kiss of death' when someone goes off by themselves and becomes 'alienated' from the group. When I saw that last night, regardless that she was mourning her sons death, I pretty much knew that they would vote her off, stupid as it was.

Chris
Old 02-03-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Daaaamn Danielle (thats the one that was in the green low cut shirt right?) is uglier than shit. That is one hideous bitch. In those one on ones with her goofy eyes and tight skin face, she looks like Fire Marshal Bill.

Intersting season, I havent missed one yet.
Old 02-03-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Danielle does look like she's been on the island for a few weeks already. That doesn't bode well. She reminds me of Heidi who whithered to the point where all that seemed to remain was skin and bones and silicone.
Old 02-03-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bet the idol on exile island is in the water barrel.
Old 02-03-06, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Why hasnt the NAACP gone after survivor, since they routinely have the most pathetic black contestants..
And teh jury's still out on the 'young men' alpha dog dude, since he really didnt do much yet
How do we know the black contestants are lame? Too early to tell with the lawyer guy, (although arraogent asshole was my first impression) and Cerie suffered from some definate culture shock, but may surprise us down the line.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.