Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 02/02/06 - Season Premiere

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts
That may be the single dumbest first vote off I've ever seen. Keep the whiny fat woman who is afraid of leaves and vote off the one who actually can do something? The older women deserve to go out 1-2-3-4.

And Misty rocks. I thought her picture was pretty, but she's really beautiful on the show.
Old 02-02-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe they voted off
Spoiler:
Terry
. That's gotta be one of the strangest decisions I've seen on this series. I thought for sure the votes were gonna go
Spoiler:
2 to 2, with Terry and the other 'fit' older woman against the 2 clearly out-of-shape resulting in a tie.

I don't really like the way they
Spoiler:
put the 4 groups together. Outside of the older female group all the other groups were comprised of what looks to be 'in-shape' contestants. There only seems to be 2 out-of-shape individuals and both are in the older female group which is quite unfair as it's least likely it would win any type of physical challenge.
Old 02-02-06, 09:10 PM

Major Spoiler Alert. May give away ultimate winner! admin

Originally Posted by djbrown
Spoiler:
It would seem to indicate he had some reasons to, presumably, retire.
Spoiler:
Ugh, why did I have to go ahead and read the spoilers. I dont know what I was thinking. I guess I thought they were pertaining to tonights episode and not the possible winner already
Old 02-02-06, 09:33 PM

I missed it! DVR didn't feel like recording it I guess. Will it be available via itunes podcast?
Old 02-02-06, 09:35 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ylomnstr
I missed it! DVR didn't feel like recording it I guess. Will it be available via itunes podcast?
I thought I read they are putting them on CBS.com - for a fee, of course.
Old 02-02-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
if you have comcast, it'll be a buck on In Demand
Old 02-02-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Politics of the weak amongst the older women already rears its ugly head.
Old 02-02-06, 11:32 PM

I like the immunity twist, where they can use it after the votes have been cast..unlike last year. From the preview, looks like a possible merging of the tribes, or a tribe switch already next week....else I'm not sure why a woman's voice would be saying the smoker already wants to quit. Got to love the young guy tribe...first day on the island what do you do: a) make fire; b) find water; c) build shelter; d) play coconut baseball

Memo to CBS: We've already seen enough of Cirie's boobs being blurred out to last us the entire season. No more please.
Old 02-02-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silt
Memo to CBS: We've already seen enough of Cirie's boobs being blurred out to last us the entire season. No more please.
I know...I had to look away until the shot changed.
Old 02-02-06, 11:59 PM

I posted in the main Survivor thread that you can download tonights episode on CBS.com starting at midnight tonight. Whether that is EST or PST, I'm not sure. But you can only watch it for 24 hours and then it's gone. It's not like iTunes, where you can keep the show as long as you like.

Chris
Old 02-03-06, 12:07 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Can we get a mod to delete posts 6-8 and 10?

Thanks, it would make Steam quite happy.

... and just to think, if it were Cirie to go tonight, that intern they have blurring out her wardrobe malfunctions would have to go back to work at Little Caesers.
Old 02-03-06, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 02-03-06, 12:14 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

The only two Survivors I watched were the first one and, "Survivor: All-Stars." I figured that I would give this one a chance, so I watched the premiere. I really enjoyed it, and I think that this one will possibly breathe some fresh air into the series. It seems promising.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW:

The wrong person definitely was voted out, but I believe it was probably due to the fact that the others feared her, and felt that she would probably have a good chance, if she was in the game for a while.
Old 02-03-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by monkyskunk
Spoiler:
Ugh, why did I have to go ahead and read the spoilers. I dont know what I was thinking. I guess I thought they were pertaining to tonights episode and not the possible winner already
Major Spoiler Alert. May give away ultimate winner! admin
Spoiler:
Not sure you can assume anything since they don't reveal the winner till it airs live. He might have made it to the final 2, but thats all they know at this point. And I doubt on an airline pilot's lifestyle that he'd be able to retire if he won it. Its only like 500k. Hell, I don't make crap and i coudn't retire on that. So the fact that he may or may not have quit/retired doesn't really mean much.

Last edited by Joeboo835; 02-03-06 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-03-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I thought it was Karma that the one that's all "Ooohh I'm so excited that it's a challenge right off the bat because I'm all physical" is the one that lost.

I watched some of the first season and watched some of the one where the salesman won and some of the all-stars. This time I'm tivoing the whole thing, and really enjoying it. This time all the twists are going to make it very interesting.
Old 02-03-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm guessing that they split off the older women's tribe next week, making 3 tribes of 5 people.
Old 02-03-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Misty seems cool, but only an idiot would buy her "I found the idol" routine.

As for the vote, unless they know there's a merger almost immediately to follow, that's one of the dumbest votes we've ever seen.

Regarding the preview:
Spoiler:
seems to indicate some sort of shuffle, so their stupidity will likely be spared.

das
Old 02-03-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They shouldn't have voted that Tina dude off.

I think Sally might be the hottest one this year.
Old 02-03-06, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
How about Shane channeling Richard Lewis there towards the beginning?

And then the idiots not being able to figure out how to make fire with flint. The phrase "Hit the flint, not the pot, Balboa!" was uttered a time or two upon viewing.

Last edited by djbrown; 02-03-06 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-03-06, 08:45 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
The older chicks have a really cool shelter and by next episode methinks the older guys will have their aqueduct system up and running.

The younger guys might have their infield for their beach side ballpark done.

Line of the night: "She's scared of leaves? We go [to the bathroom] in leaves." - Tina
Old 02-03-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh, and there's a subtle difference between "catching a fish with your bare hands" versus "picking one up after it's beached itself .. but with my bare hands!"
Old 02-03-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by djbrown
Oh, and there's a subtle difference between "catching a fish with your bare hands" versus "picking one up after it's beached itself .. but with my bare hands!"
Yeah, but since the rest of the tribe didn't know that it was beached, she might as well pass it off as her own catch. That's just smart.
Old 02-03-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Why hasnt the NAACP gone after survivor, since they routinely have the most pathetic black contestants..
And teh jury's still out on the 'young men' alpha dog dude, since he really didnt do much yet
Old 02-03-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Whoa, mama! Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking??? This season should have been called:

Survivor: Danielle's Cleavage

Wow.
Yeah, that wasn't too obvious or anything. Could they have chosen more would-be models for this edition? Get some real people on the show. Preferably ones whose ribs don't already show and whose teeth aren't alien perfect - like that shrimpy Austin guy on the younger men team. He is so gone before the eventual merge.

The tiny tribes idea won't last long - especially if one of the tribes starts losing more than a few times in a row. I know Survivor seems to have found a new twist by leaving survivors all by their lonesome - but c'mon, the game is about group dynamics, not about blueish night vision goggle shots of people curled on Exile beach, intoning how "spiritually hard" this whole process is.

No one to really root for at this point. Kinda lame, really. Will the banishment to Exile Island merely be random?
Old 02-03-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by grunter
No one to really root for at this point. Kinda lame, really. Will the banishment to Exile Island merely be random?
Im assuming that reward challenge losers will be banished

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.