Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Summertime LOST Thread - For those who enjoyed it the 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
^^ i like the alternate reality idea, but they will lose a lot of the common viewers if that turned out to be the case.
Old 06-03-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
after watching the pilot again it's very obvious the thing flying around the engine as it blows up is just random debris.
it was there before the expolsion and as it explodes the thing swirls around and flys up into the air.

looked just like a piece of clothing.
Old 06-03-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whotony
after watching the pilot again it's very obvious the thing flying around the engine as it blows up is just random debris.
it was there before the expolsion and as it explodes the thing swirls around and flys up into the air.

looked just like a piece of clothing.
I disagree 100%. Watching in slow-mo you can clearly see it come toward the engine from the sky, then fly off again when it explodes. The path didn't look random at all.
Old 06-03-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok, but it looks exaclty like all the rest of the stuff thats flying around during the entire scene.

it does not come to the engine from the sky.
the first frame after the guy gets sucked into the engine has this object floating above a womans head as she runs by.
the next frames shows the engine starting to glow red and the object flies across the back of the engine, being blown or sucked by the force of the engine blowing out.

i never said the path was random, the debris was random, meaning there was debris everywere.

then it just blows out of the shot.

it doesnt touch or effect the engine.

if i can get my dig camera to work 'l try to take a picture of the first frame after the guy gets sucked in..

the .gif in the other thread is not the entire shot only the end of it.

the explosion is from the guy getting sucked into it.
that was locke's fault.
the guy was running past the engine and only stopped because locke yelled at him and the guy stopped and was saying "what".

Last edited by whotony; 06-04-05 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-03-05, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by whotony
the explosion is from the guy getting sucked into it.
that was locke's fault.
the guy was running past the engine and only stopped because locke yelled at him and the guy stopped and was saying "what".
Keep picking on Locke if you want trouble!
Old 06-04-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

this is the frame just before the object appears.

first frame of the object

second frame of object

third frame of object

not coming from anywere.
it's just floating there then it gets blown away by the force of the air coming out of the back of the engine.

Last edited by whotony; 06-04-05 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-04-05, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i recorded the scene, about 12 seconds, with my digital camera but have no idea how to post it.

Last edited by whotony; 06-04-05 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-04-05, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only episodes that I've seen are the finale, and the first two of the season now. But after just watching the second episode, I'm not sure how anyone could've survived from the tail section. In a flashback near the end of the episode, it shows the tail section falling off at a very high altitude. From what I've read in these threads, the island is big. But I find it hard to believe that the tail section would also land on the island after falling off from that height, and that it would land in such a way that would not kill everyone in it.
Old 06-04-05, 05:15 AM

^^^For all we know it could've landed in the ocean and the survivors swam to shore...
Old 06-04-05, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SomeVoices
The only episodes that I've seen are the finale, and the first two of the season now. But after just watching the second episode, I'm not sure how anyone could've survived from the tail section. In a flashback near the end of the episode, it shows the tail section falling off at a very high altitude. From what I've read in these threads, the island is big. But I find it hard to believe that the tail section would also land on the island after falling off from that height, and that it would land in such a way that would not kill everyone in it.
exactly. If the front section ended up on the beach, how would the tail end up further inland/other side?
Old 06-05-05, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
How about, as they're approaching the island, having slowed down considerably because of the turbulence, first the tail drops off, lands somewhere on the first side of the island. Then almost immediately/within a few seconds, the cockpit sections comes off, lands in the jungle (where they found it). Then the part of the plane left over, the part with the engines that are still going, crashes on the far side of the island, on the beach again, hence the survivors dealing with running engines.

We don't know for SURE if they flew over the island as they crashed, or if they were crashing as they approached the island. Just because they're on the beach, doesn't mean that was the FIRST beach they reached. They could've hit that beach after flying over the island.
Old 06-05-05, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by geoff27
Has anyone seen the "hidden" Oceanic Airlines site with the interactive seating chart that yields all kinds of hints when you click on various numbers and seats? Clicking on "the numbers" in order (4 8 15 16 23 42) on the row at the bottom produces a flash video that states "They are not the survivors they thought they were." Makes me think that the whole plane crash was set up to happen from the beginning.

I should mention that nobody's 100% sure if this site is legit, or just the work of some passionate fan, but it's very slickly done.
If you highlight the "announcement", it reveals some text underneath, and it floats apart so you can read it:
Robert D. West, of Santa Barbara, California, USA survived a horrific plane crash and is stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to parents, Mr. and Mrs. John West, of Tucson Arizona. Thank you.
Maybe one of the notes that were put in the bottle?
Old 06-06-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

though I imagine it's probably already "confirmed"

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31136

Spoiler:
Rodriguez Gets Lost For Real

Michelle Rodriguez will join the regular cast of ABC's hit SF series Lost in its upcoming second season, playing Ana-Lucia Cortez, another passenger on the doomed Oceanic Airlines flight 815, Variety reported. Rodriguez's casting confirms expectations in the wake of her brief appearance in the show's first-season finale, in a flashback involving Jack (Matthew Fox) in a bar at Sydney Airport, the trade paper reported.

Lost is Rodriguez's first regular TV gig, following film performances in the upcoming supernatural thriller film The Breed, executive produced by Wes Craven, and a voice role in the Hispanic animated feature Sian Ka'an.

spoilerized it just incase...
Old 06-06-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by shoppingbear
How about, as they're approaching the island, having slowed down considerably because of the turbulence, first the tail drops off, lands somewhere on the first side of the island. Then almost immediately/within a few seconds, the cockpit sections comes off, lands in the jungle (where they found it). Then the part of the plane left over, the part with the engines that are still going, crashes on the far side of the island, on the beach again, hence the survivors dealing with running engines.

We don't know for SURE if they flew over the island as they crashed, or if they were crashing as they approached the island. Just because they're on the beach, doesn't mean that was the FIRST beach they reached. They could've hit that beach after flying over the island.
Didn't think about that, but the plane on the beach is clearly pointing in the direction of the island. The engines face this way. The wings are right side up, so it couldn't be upside down. So who knows?
Old 06-06-05, 04:23 PM

People - I am sure that when a plane breaks up in mid-flight it doesn't crash land facing the same direction it was originally headed. It also doesn't drop like an anvil out of the sky. At the speed it was travelling the pieces could have landed a mile away from the original breaking point. And I'm sure there was a lot of spinning/tumbling going on during the fall.
Old 06-06-05, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheGodfather
People - I am sure that when a plane breaks up in mid-flight it doesn't crash land facing the same direction it was originally headed. It also doesn't drop like an anvil out of the sky. At the speed it was travelling the pieces could have landed a mile away from the original breaking point. And I'm sure there was a lot of spinning/tumbling going on during the fall.
I guess this is basically what it boils down to and goes to show that the against all odds fact that anyone survived, let alone without any injuries, can be lumped together with all of the other strange happenings on the island.
Old 06-07-05, 05:14 PM

Reminder:
Polar bear's 1st appearance tomorrow night at 10. Is it live or is it nanobot?
Old 06-07-05, 05:43 PM

I found another possible note that could have been put in the bottle:

If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

I was looking through the html coding and found it at the very bottom...I don't know how you would find it on the actual website.
Old 06-07-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts
Was it just me, or when the plane was going through the turbulence and starting to break up, did it sound like the security system noise?
Old 06-07-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i think it was just the sound of an airplane tearing itself aprt.
i didnt notice any sounds lke that on the island.
Old 06-07-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Reminder:
Polar bear's 1st appearance tomorrow night at 10. Is it live or is it nanobot?
Live. Sawyer shot one of them.
Old 06-07-05, 11:55 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mittman
Live. Sawyer shot one of them.
Yeah, for some reason I think that too (well, I guess that would be assumed to be the case by the general public, but us nano-loving freaks...). I think the polar bears got there the same way the pirate ship and Nigerian drug plane got there - I just don't know exactly how that is yet.
Old 06-08-05, 03:39 AM

I've heard a few people now saying the noise of the plane breaking up sounds just like the noise of the "security device"... Here is my theory:
Perhaps the "security device" is an ever changing/evolving entity and somehow adapted the noise from the plane? I always thought the ticking noise it made sounded more like an anchor being lowered and raised than a clock ticking. Maybe it 'learned' that noise from the pirate ship? And the roar from the polar bear? Combine those 3 noises and don't we have our mystery monster?

Now what did it learn from the hatch? Or is that where it originated?

Anyhow, I agree with you that at least one polar bear is/was real...
Old 06-08-05, 04:17 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was it confirmed by TV Guide that the voice Boone heard on the plane radio said "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815!" ?
Old 06-08-05, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Static Cling
Was it confirmed by TV Guide that the voice Boone heard on the plane radio said "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815!" ?
Damn, I missed this, but I just rewatched that scene and it definitely sounds like the person says "No, we're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.