Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Summertime LOST Thread - For those who enjoyed it the 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 10:46 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One thing I'll recommend - don't go in search of rumors/spoilers. Some of them will give away things that will definitely ruin some suspense.

Zman - http://www.lostlinks.net/hatchpromo.htm and http://www.lostlinks.net/promo2.htm
Old 09-12-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I also just got done watching the series on DVD from start to finish (still working on the extras). I had watched the first 3 episodes when they first aired, but at that point had stopped watching TV, so I never followed. All around excellent with a great cast and an engrossing story that pulls you in.

I was thinking how cool it would be if when they opened the hatch and looked down, they saw the "other survivors" looking back at them in the same way.

I have done a good job of avoiding future spoilers, so I can't wait to catch season 2, which will be so much harder now that I will have to wait a whole week at a time to find out what happens next instead of 30 seconds.
Old 09-12-05, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished watching S1 on DVD, this show is crack.

Lost=Crack.

I am sooo glad Smallville moved to Thursdays so I can watch S2 on Wed.

Sick
Old 09-12-05, 03:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by animalmystic

Lost=Crack.

Sick
Good comparison, haha. At least you didn't say heroine .

How do you think it felt watching the finale and having to wait almost 4 damn months!?
Old 09-12-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Season 2 is only going to be about Kate, right?
Old 09-12-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
LOST is a great show, and I thought the Season 1 finale was fantastic, one of the best season finales I've seen for a show in a long time.

(I honestly don't understand people who hated it - I mean did they expect a series that's going to continue to just answer the mysteries it has created and have nothing to go on for the next season?)
Old 09-12-05, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by animalmystic

Lost=Crack.

Sick
Here in Oklahoma it would be Meth. Anyway, the show is highly addicting and is very hard to not talk about with your friends.
Old 09-12-05, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Season 2 is only going to be about Kate, right?
Gah for some reason, though she is insanely attractive, I do NOT like her character. It's not that shes portrayed a criminal, or that she MIGHT have done things wrong, there's something about her I can't place! It might be the do anything hurt anyone persona that she tosses around.
Old 09-12-05, 11:38 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dhmac
(I honestly don't understand people who hated it - I mean did they expect a series that's going to continue to just answer the mysteries it has created and have nothing to go on for the next season?)
I think those of us that were dissappointed wanted a little more answers and introducing some new mysteries.

They did the latter with the others taking Walt, would have been nice to gotten more about what was in the hatch to tide us over.

But still a very good show, and a good first season and I can't wait until the 21st!
Old 09-19-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW, I just figured out that Leslie Arzst is an anagram for: "taller sizes"

Also, why wasn't Charlie late to the flight if Hugo saw him in the elevator when he was running late?
Old 09-19-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
charlie was running late, too, but his car didn't break down.
Old 09-20-05, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK I had another question. In the last episode, when Jack was talking to Locke about why Locke told Jack to let him go into the hole (pulled in by the monster), Locke told Jack that the island was testing them etc. Jack asked about Boone and Locke told him that Boone was a sacrifice. Well...why didn't he ask Locke about the others who have died on the island too, like the chick who drowned at sea or Scott or Steve who was killed by Ethan? How would Locke explain their deaths?
Old 09-20-05, 12:21 PM
Retired

Have to say I'm enjoying it much more the second time around on DVD. Through 20 episodes so far.

Will have to see how the last 4 are on second viewing as that's when I started to get annoyed the first time around.
Old 09-20-05, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
Also, why wasn't Charlie late to the flight if Hugo saw him in the elevator when he was running late?
I don't know if this was brought up before about Charlie, but it seemed he went up to the bathroom in the front of the plane to do his drugs. He was tossed around in that restroom then ran out and went to a seat that looked to be close, how did he end up back in the other part of the plane that came to rest on the beach.
Mike
Old 09-20-05, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mike1055
I don't know if this was brought up before about Charlie, but it seemed he went up to the bathroom in the front of the plane to do his drugs. He was tossed around in that restroom then ran out and went to a seat that looked to be close, how did he end up back in the other part of the plane that came to rest on the beach.
Mike
It’s a moot point. Look at Jack, he woke up about 100 yards away in a field of bamboo so thick he should have been skewered by at the very least one of them.
Old 09-26-05, 01:38 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Have to say I'm enjoying it much more the second time around on DVD. Through 20 episodes so far.

Will have to see how the last 4 are on second viewing as that's when I started to get annoyed the first time around.
Just finished the season.

My opinion was unchanged, the show spins it's wheels to much, giving us very little in these 4 eps until the end of the finale with the Others taking Walt.

Really nothing new on the island other than finding out the Black Rock is a slave ship and that the hatch is pretty deep. The flashbacks in the last 4 episodes aren't among the most compelling overall either.

Anyway, a great season, but it definitely faltered down the stretch for me. Hopefully it won't do the same this year.
Old 05-28-06, 01:15 PM

Figured it was time to bump this baby up.

Watched the final ep again and I have one problem:

If I was Jack, Kate, Sawyer, or Hurley, and Desmond just popped back with a boat, my ass is getting on the boat and trying to go home. Fuck Michael, fuck the button, fuck the Others. I'm trying to get my sail on.

And if I'm Sayid, Jin, and Sun? I'm leaving right now.

But that's just me.

And I know it's a show and there'd be no finale if they did leave, but it wasn't even an option for them, which I found a little strange. NO ONE tried to hijack the boat?
Old 05-28-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, but desmond said he'd been sailing due west for quite some time, and ended right back at the island.
Old 05-30-06, 09:31 PM

Tomorrow night:

"Man of Science, Man of Faith"
One of the castaways is chosen to descend into the mysterious hatch, and Shannon stumbles upon a shockingly familiar face in the jungle.

I won't be watching the reruns as religiously as I did last season's but I will be watching them. How many of you will be too?
Old 05-30-06, 09:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Tomorrow night:

"Man of Science, Man of Faith"
One of the castaways is chosen to descend into the mysterious hatch, and Shannon stumbles upon a shockingly familiar face in the jungle.

I won't be watching the reruns as religiously as I did last season's but I will be watching them. How many of you will be too?
I'll probably watch a few of them, this one for sure. I really liked this ep.
Old 05-31-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheGodfather
I'll be watching for the episode with Kate crawling through the ducts in the hatch. I somehow missed that the first time around. Not the episode, just the good cleavage shots I heard about.

Beyond that, I probably won't watch. My primary reason is that I don't want the over-exposure. I plan to get the DVDs and don't want to be bored with the episodes before I get around to watching them on DVD. My second reason is that I'm using the summer to get caught up on my backlog of TV-on-DVD. I'd prefer to use my free time for something new rather than something I just watched recently. I have 24: Season 1, Monk: Seasons 1-3, Veronica Mars: Season 1 and The X-Files to keep me busy. Other than the X-Files (which I've not seen since the original airings), those shows are all new to me.

Last edited by MEJHarrison; 05-31-06 at 11:54 AM.