Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias *2 Hour Premiere* 1/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 10:13 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by TabascoKid
Are they isolating Weiss so they can write him off so Grunberg can star in "The Catch"?
That's what I'm thinking. Too bad, because I like his character.

"Eric Weiss. 38. Single."
Old 01-05-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Were there any commercials for "Elektra" in the 2 hours? I don't recall any, but I sort of dozed through Marshall's re-introduction segment. Doh!
Old 01-05-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman

I thought the black-light documents showed Jack heading up Project Christmas, and Sydney being a by-product of that project.

Wasnt she in Project Christmas? I thought a couple seasons ago, they showed her doing some puzzle. And then it flashbacked to her being a little kid putting a gun together. Am I imagining it?

And does anyone want to guess why her mother wanted her dead? Do you think it had anything to do with Rambaldi's prophecies?

I should have rewatched the dvds.
Old 01-05-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Were there any commercials for "Elektra" in the 2 hours? I don't recall any, but I sort of dozed through Marshall's re-introduction segment. Doh!
Not to my recollection.
Old 01-05-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Wasnt she in Project Christmas? I thought a couple seasons ago, they showed her doing some puzzle. And then it flashbacked to her being a little kid putting a gun together. Am I imagining it?
I remember that as well...when they were doing the serum thing in season 3 or was it earlier than that?
Old 01-05-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the black-light documents showed Jack heading up Project Christmas, and Sydney being a by-product of that project.
I know. The whole "Jack murdered Irina" plot seemed to come out of nowhere and seemed like something they tacked on over the hiatus. Weren't Jack and Irina IM buddies last year? She was helping Sydney via email, now she's trying to kill her? Um, ok.

I do like the recreation of SD-6 with Weiss now in Will's old place.

I liked the shout-out to the fans, in the beginning when Vaughn exclaimed to Weiss: "Last year sucked!"
Old 01-05-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still think Irina is still alive, and this is another ruse to keep Sydney off her scent.
Old 01-05-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I know. The whole "Jack murdered Irina" plot seemed to come out of nowhere and seemed like something they tacked on over the hiatus. Weren't Jack and Irina IM buddies last year? She was helping Sydney via email, now she's trying to kill her? Um, ok.

IIRC, he was instant messanging her about something and she mysteriously disconnected. I think thats the last we heard of her.
Old 01-05-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think Irina is still alive, and this is another ruse to keep Sydney off her scent.

Sydney said she identified the body, but stranger things have happened.

I wonder when we get to see Sark again. Maybe he will join APO.
Old 01-05-05, 10:34 PM

I recall seeing one. However, the more I think about it, it may have been during Lost.
Old 01-05-05, 10:36 PM

Speaking of Will. Are we going to see more of him this season?
Old 01-05-05, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solid opening, its just great to have Alias back on the air. Wasn't as good as the first season and a half of the show, but I don't expect it to ever be again.

The files Sydney read in the season3 finale were totally supposed to have something to do with Sydney's past and Jack's involvement in her "Project Christmas" training. They definitely made up all that crap about Jack killing Irina after the fact.

I'm willing to forgive them for that silliness if the rest of the season is solid and they don't mention much about it again.

Its a shame that the actress playing Irina wanted too much money to continue playing her. They should have hired another actress instead of messing up their master plan.
Old 01-05-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Um, so how did it end? That boring-ass mess put me to sleep. I think I'm done with Alias.
Old 01-05-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
That's what I'm thinking. Too bad, because I like his character.

"Eric Weiss. 38. Single."
Wasn't he the pilot in the pilot episode of "Lost"?
Also, Erich Weiss was Harry Houdini's real name.
Old 01-05-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, Weiss was the pilot in the Lost pilot. Him and JJ go back a long way, so Greg got a cameo in that pilot.
Old 01-05-05, 10:55 PM

I wonder when we get to see Sark again.
Depends on when Marshall wants to have eggs again...
Old 01-05-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Speaking of Will. Are we going to see more of him this season?
No, he has assumed a new identity as a grad student on "Jack & Bobby".
Old 01-05-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So they are just letting the Covenent run wild? Seems they would mention it was dismantled or something.

This black ops doesn't make tons of sense. They want to be free of burocratic oversite and they couldn't use the info about the virus.. WTF??? It never stopped them before from doing anything. Why now besides wanting the show to resemble SD-6?
Old 01-05-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I wonder when we get to see Sark again. Maybe he will join APO.
I believe he will only be a recurring character this year, so we definitely won't be seeing him in every ep.

I still say that they should have just hired someone else to play her mom and say that she had plastic surgery.

I don't think they will permanently write out Weiss (Grunberg was still in the opening credits) - they'll leave his character's storyline open in case his new show doesn't work.

I wanted them to go into the Project X-mas documents and how Syd seems to have been SpyDaddy's guinea pig (or something along those lines).

So now we will have to dance around why her mother wanted to off her all season long...and if her sister finds out that her sister's father did the deed.

The best part of the show, besides Garner and her frequent wardrobe changes and fight scenes, is definitely the comedic relief Marshall brings. Asking Nadia if the toxic lips were the right color.
Old 01-05-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

I liked the shout-out to the fans, in the beginning when Vaughn exclaimed to Weiss: "Last year sucked!"
Gotta say, I enjoyed the majority of this show.
  • LOVED Vaughn's comment about last year [though I still don't like him..].
  • Nadia in that white skirt .
  • Sydney in that white babydoll .
  • When Syd "snapped" her panties in the beginning
  • Loved Marshall having eggs with Sark to see a familiar face and being "arrested" because of a PS2.
  • Hate Weiss being outta the loop.
  • Angela Bassett needs to make more than one appearance.
  • And, yeah, I hated the whole Jack/Irina "lost summer" out-of-nowhere plotline.
Old 01-05-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seems like they pushed the re-start button on the show. Killed off the mom, dropped the Rimbaldi, etc. Its almost like Season 1 all over again minus the Rimbaldi at this point.
Old 01-05-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Gotta say, I enjoyed the majority of this show.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Nadia is so hot. I hope we'll be seeing more of her and less of Sydney.

I got to laugh at how ridiculous the family issues are for this show, but yeah, I like the 'season 1 reboot' feel.

I doubt we've seen the last of the Rambaldi storyline...
Old 01-06-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just finished watching it via TIVO. Thank God for that, way too many commercials every 5 minutes. Never had to experience that when watching the other seasons on dvd.

I enjoyed the preimire, but it was dishartening to see them tie up the Rimbaldi, arc so half assed. Which leads me to belive that it will come back up again in the middle of this season. I was promised an epic battle between sisters and I want it damnit.

Looking at those papers, I don't think that they intented originally for them be about Jack killing Irina. Especially when you consider Lauren's comments to sidney when she told her. Oh well, you really have to over look plot holes and logic errors to enjoy this show. So I'll accept it.

Now I can't wait 24 's permiere.
Old 01-06-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Vaughn: "Last year sucked."

Solid premiere, and I nearly lost it over that line. I know J.J. Abrams was upfront in interviews about Season 3's shortcomings, but I didn't expect him to have the characters mention it.

And thank you for finally getting rid of SpyMommy once and for all. I loved Lena Olin's performance and I think a big reason for Season 3 sucking was the fact that they could never talk her into returning, but enough's enough. If the woman refuses to reprise the role, kill her off and be done with it. I'd been advocating a cheap, meaningless death for her(kinda like Blofeld in For Your Eyes Only) for over a year now, so I was pleasantly surprised to see Abrams and Co. go through with it.
Old 01-06-05, 12:54 AM

Almost certainly more was planned with the Wittenberg documents but I don't think the season 4 premiere contradicted the season 3 finale at all because we weren't privy to the rest of the documents. The thing is Sydney already knew that her father put her through the Project Christmas program and confronted him about it so maybe the first and only document we were allowed to see was just an extension of that. Basically it already confirmed what she knew and she really didn't break down until she got to the second or third page which I'll rationalize in my mind as the document revealing her mother's death. Plus Irina's sister Katya tried to kill Sydney in the finale which also supports the idea that she put a price on her daughter's head. We still don't know why Irina would want to kill her own daughter or even if she really wanted to and maybe just maybe her death was a ruse and she's still alive. In any case it's ambigious enough to allow the return of Rena Olin if she ever comes to her senses or for the part to be recast with the explaination that she had reconstructive surgery.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 01-06-05 at 01:28 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.