DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Alias *2 Hour Premiere* 1/05/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/403631-alias-%2A2-hour-premiere%2A-1-05-05-a.html)

MrX 01-05-05 01:00 AM

Alias *2 Hour Premiere* 1/05/05

The day has finally arrived:banana:

"Authorized Personnel Only"
Spoiler:
Sydney, Vaughn, Jack and Dixon are stunned to learn the identity of their new boss; Sydney learns an appalling secret about Jack that threatens to destroy their relationship; Nadia is reluctant to return to the spy game since learning about her father.

shawagg 01-05-05 04:30 AM

Thanks for reminding me!

Chew 01-05-05 06:06 AM

Ahhhh, three hours of Abrams goodness. :)

B.A. 01-05-05 07:10 AM

This isn't a two-hour premiere...

...it's a two-hour EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!!

:banana:

I'm hoping that the bad-ass, big-earred Spy-Daddy knocks somebody off in the first ep. :beer:

Superman07 01-05-05 07:15 AM

Humm....
Jack Bauer vs. Jack Bristow.

B.A. 01-05-05 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Humm....
Jack Bauer vs. Jack Bristow.

No contest - Jack Bauer wouldn't last 24 minutes, let alone 24 hours, if he was up against the cold-hearted sonofabitch that is the great Jack Bristow.

chrisih8u 01-05-05 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
No contest - Jack Bauer wouldn't last 24 minutes, let alone 24 hours, if he was up against the cold-hearted sonofabitch that is the great Jack Bristow.

:up:

I watched all 3 seasons of Alias on DVD. Now I get to experiance the agony of waiting an entire week between episodes.

hondo21 01-05-05 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by chrisih8u

I watched all 3 seasons of Alias on DVD. Now I get to experiance the agony of waiting an entire week between episodes.

Exactly where I am on this. Never watched a minute of the show on anything but DVD so far, but have my new cable HD-DVR programmed to start recording Season 4. Don't like the idea of waiting each week, but decided it's better than waiting till Fall for the DVD.

Geofferson 01-05-05 08:56 AM

Damn...I can't wait! :up:

Ted The Bug 01-05-05 09:49 AM

That dancing banana cracks me up every time

Superman07 01-05-05 11:27 AM

Actually, anybody wanna refresh my memory on how last season ended? I know she was in the bank and "he" showed up, but I forget what was in the box.

Quatermass 01-05-05 01:50 PM

Actually, anybody wanna refresh my memory on how last season ended? I know she was in the bank and "he" showed up, but I forget what was in the box.

Exactly why I'm not interested in this show anymore. I watched every episode for the first 3 seasons, even after it got a little hokey, but now I just don't care. I remember they brought in a new character (long-lost sister) for Sydney, who will probably end up being the star when Jennifer Garner leaves the show to pursue a movie career.

hardcore 01-05-05 03:24 PM

Well, it wasn't exactly clear from watching the episode, and was further muddled by the ABC webpage.

Spoilers for Season 3 finale (just in case)
Immediately following the finale on ABC.com:
Spoiler:
In Wittenberg, Syd opens the safe deposit box and finds a top secret document. She cries as she learns that Jack wasn't in prison after Irina betrayed him, that Vaughn's father William worked for him, and that he has documented her entire life, as well as Nadia's. Jack appears and says she was never supposed to have found these documents

Changed shortly after that to:
Spoiler:
In Wittenberg, Syd opens the safe deposit box and finds top secret documents. She cries as she peruses files documenting her life, each one bearing Jack Bristow's signature. Jack enters and says she was never supposed to have found these documents.

Either way, a disappointing finale. Here's hoping for a much better premiere (and no Lauren).

nevermind 01-05-05 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by chrisih8u

Well at least it's a straight shot, no reruns in between. The wait for a new epiode of Lost has been ridiculous.

deadlax 01-05-05 08:09 PM

Same cheap trick as the Super Bowl ep.

B.A. 01-05-05 08:23 PM

Oh, what the hell did they do now? Is this some sick joke on the fans of the show.

Okay - must calm down, there is still another 90 minutes to go.

Patman 01-05-05 08:25 PM

Loved the new opening credits montage. How many different get-ups was Sydney in in that montage?

Third Baseman 01-05-05 08:40 PM

I loved the opening montage. :drool:

maingon 01-05-05 08:57 PM

pretty good so far. i really like this show the only negative so far is that it seems that you have seen it. nothing has happened so far that hasnt happened in the past.

tboogie 01-05-05 09:08 PM

I love it that Angela Bassett is on the show now!

mverleg1 01-05-05 09:13 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again, JJ IS A GENIUS!

Third Baseman 01-05-05 09:18 PM

Daaaaaamn! She's so friggin' rockin!

FantasticVSDoom 01-05-05 09:19 PM

Pretty good so far, although does Sydney always need to blow cover during a mission?

mverleg1 01-05-05 09:21 PM

Sydney - Codename: Phoenix - Rises from the Ashes
Jack - Codename: Raptor - Appears out of nowhere, kills a lot
Dixon - Codename: Outrigger - Sydney's balance and support system in difficult times
Marshall - Codename: Merlin - The magical wizard
Vaugn - Codename: Shotgun - Causes complete disarray and hazard. Easily set off

Snowmaker 01-05-05 09:25 PM

Aside from a few random episodes of Season 1, This is my first time trying to watch this show and so far its very confusing.