Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias *2 Hour Premiere* 1/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-05, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
I was amazed that it took about 52 minutes into the first hour to mention Rambaldi.

I guess Lena Olin's hardline stance forced JJ and company to write her character out of the show with this turn of events.

I still think Irina is still alive, and this is another ruse to keep Sydney off her scent.
I like the new montage. The old one was getting...old. I don't mind minimalism, but I don't want to look at it for twenty seconds, either. Lost does a better job at that, IMHO. Five seconds with eerie music. Let's get on with the show, already. If there's something to look at, okay, I'll spend the extra time.

DESPITE the fact that so many seem to hate the Rambaldi stuff, I think the lack of it is why Season 3, while it didn't SUCK, per sé, it wasn't as good as the first two. Especially the season finale cliffhanger.

What is this whole Lena Olin holdout thing? I never heard about it. She wanted more money?!?!? What the fuck? What else has she even done? Who the hell does she think she is, Julia fucking Roberts? I don't think she's really dead, though.

I think Irina is alive. Reach out to Ms. Olin one last time. Isn't one of her relation still a producer on the show? Ken Olin, I thought I heard on a commentary. Go through him. Tell her that if she wants out, fine, but they'll replace her. Trust me, if people will buy the whole 'Evil Twin Francie' schtick, they'll accept a new Irina. Especially if she's hot as shit.

Originally Posted by movieking
He explained this himself to Sloane, saying having her hate him was better than her finding out that her mother actually put a hit out on her. He said that the damage could be unmeasurable to her, or something to that effect.
Four pages in before somebody mentions this...about damn time.
SLOANE: Did you tell her the truth?
JACK: No.
SLOANE: Tough call, Jack...
Then he says what movieking quoted. That's why I think she's not dead. I don't think they'd pull a reveal of this little mystery so soon, nor would they kill off Irina. What did happen with the IM cutoff, though? I forgot about that. But they were IM-ing, so there's no way Irina is dead. For Lauren to know about the documents, they almost certainly had to be there pre-season 3. Irina's still alive in S3, so I doubt, as someone else mentioned, that in Episode 19 Jack files for a motion to assassinate Irina, kills her off screen, plants the documents in a foreign country, for some reason, Lauren finds out just before she's killed. Strains credulity, to me.

Originally Posted by shoppingbear
Well, she had the long conversation on the plane with some CIA honcho...
Actually, I thought he was head of the FBI. I think we'll see ol' Locke a couple of times this season. I hope so, anyway.
Old 02-22-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what was the song that they played at the beginning when she was running in toyko or japan?
Old 02-22-05, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
what was the song that they played at the beginning when she was running in toyko or japan?
Jet - Cold Hard Bitch from their album "Get Born"