TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
In case someone hasn't seen it yet.

Wouldn't that suck to fly all that way and then get eliminated?

How about that judge? I liked her ruthless criticism to the two finalists for leaving.
Yeah, that is a rough elimination! And Jeffrey...he is really a mean person. Deep in his soul Mean...
Old 08-31-06, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
In case someone hasn't seen it yet.

Wouldn't that suck to fly all that way and then get eliminated?

How about that judge? I liked her ruthless criticism to the two finalists for leaving.
That was definitely a harsh elimination, but I think it's been done before on other reality shows (Tough Enough/Top Model)

I have to say.... I'm starting to get a little bored of this cast. Definitely not as memorable as Seasons 1 or 2.
Old 08-31-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
And Jeffrey...he is really a mean person. Deep in his soul Mean...
Complete Asshole..... and he knows it.

He's probably going to get a royal ass-kicking from the cast during the "Reunion Episode".
Old 08-31-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I don't find Jeffrey that mean, since I also can't stand Angela. I was cheering that she left last night. I don't know why I dislike her so much, but she just doesn't seem like she deserved to be there. She should have been out in week 1 or 2. I think she stuck around way longer than she deserved. Malan or Allison should have stayed longer than her.

I was cracking up when Jeffrey said that God must have been drinking when he got picked to work with Angela's mom.
Old 08-31-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Poor Angela.

Kicked off by someone she admires while her enemy wins the competition.

What a way to go out.

I wish she would have put those rosettes on the breast area instead of the ass. Or better yet, both!
Old 08-31-06, 10:40 AM

Kinda would like to see what's happening in the model competition they have going on it the backround. Seems like there is some drama there~
Old 08-31-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They definitely alluded to trouble in Model Town. Or at least annoyance.
Old 09-07-06, 09:15 AM

Loved Uli's gown...and I really liked Kane's gown too. Thought it was elegant. So glad Michael made it through. Didnt think he was in jeopardy. Cant believe Jeff won again, it couldnt have happened to a meaner person. And first we gotta watch Laura's boobs falling out, and now we gotta watch her stomach full on? Ugh, send her home. That dress was hideous! I think she is next to go.
Old 09-07-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I usually like Laura's designs but that dress was hideous. Same with Michael's. I think their previous work saved them. It was good they finally got rid of Vincent. He had been around far too long than he deserved. Wasn't he creepy when he was chatting up the French judge on the boat? It's bad enough when he talks about how certain designs "turn him on".
Old 09-07-06, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I usually like Laura's designs but that dress was hideous. Same with Michael's. I think their previous work saved them. It was good they finally got rid of Vincent. He had been around far too long than he deserved. Wasn't he creepy when he was chatting up the French judge on the boat? It's bad enough when he talks about how certain designs "turn him on".
not only does he say they turn him on...he says they actually "get him off"....
Old 09-07-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guessing Laura and Kayne will be the next to go, setting up a final three with Jeff, Michael and Uli. A lot of talent there...much more than the other season's final contestants. I'll be pulling for Uli at the end. Great season so far.
Old 09-07-06, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by magiccmom
not only does he say they turn him on...he says they actually "get him off"....

I read the other post to Mrs. Pusser and she said "they mean 'get him off' ".
Old 09-08-06, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
I'm guessing Laura and Kayne will be the next to go, setting up a final three with Jeff, Michael and Uli. A lot of talent there...much more than the other season's final contestants. I'll be pulling for Uli at the end. Great season so far.
Yeah, I am seeing that coming as well. It seems like they are liking her designs less and less. And what is up with her wearing crop tops while pregnant...come one now, she is no Heidi to pull that off!
Old 09-08-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fernsita
And what is up with her wearing crop tops while pregnant...come one now, she is no Heidi to pull that off!
I would imagine she didn't pack any maternity clothes, since she just found out she was pregnant while on the show.
Old 09-08-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would imagine she didn't pack any maternity clothes, since she just found out she was pregnant while on the show.

That's what I was going to say.
Old 09-08-06, 05:14 PM

Couldnt she just make them? LOL...or she could wear Angela's mom's outfit that ended up in the hall of shame.
Old 09-09-06, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Laura is getting big fast. Any idea how long they're actually in New York for this show? Do they do one show a week or are they spaced out more than that?
Old 09-09-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I have heard, once you have a few kids your belly quickly reverts to looking pregnant again so that might be why she is showing so much already.

When I was pregnant, I did not show for a very long time and then all of a sudden around week 20 I suddenly looked very pregnant. But I imagine after having so many kids your pregnant belly would just pop up right away.
Old 09-09-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You are correct re: the belly. The muscles are a bit loose in that area after a few kids.
Old 09-12-06, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
I heard a rumor that they might be bringing back a couple of designers who got eliminated. Any idea who they might be? I'm thinking maybe Vincent and Angela, or maybe Alison, since they all won a challenge and I remember Heidi saying something recently about there being a future benefit to winning a challenge. I would love to see Alison back on the show. It hasn't been the same without her. But ho-boy, will Jeffrey be pissed if Angela gets back on!

Last edited by Perkinsun Dzees; 09-12-06 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-12-06, 10:20 PM

Alison would be the most deserving of coming back...AND it may have something to do with the backlash I heard about when Heidi said Allison's design made her model look like a fat Minnie Mouse. I think there is something to that being an issue.
Old 09-12-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd welcome another appearance by Alison.
Old 09-13-06, 06:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't think they should bring back any designers who got eliminated. I think that would cheapen the competition. Once you're gone, you're gone, no exceptions. Plus, it's not fair if some designers who didn't have to participate in all the challenges so far were suddenly allowed to get back into the game. If I was one of the remaining designers, I would be very pissed.
Old 09-13-06, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
I heard a rumor that they might be bringing back a couple of designers who got eliminated. Any idea who they might be? I'm thinking maybe Vincent and Angela, or maybe Alison, since they all won a challenge and I remember Heidi saying something recently about there being a future benefit to winning a challenge. I would love to see Alison back on the show. It hasn't been the same without her. But ho-boy, will Jeffrey be pissed if Angela gets back on!
I will admit I watch this show.
Spoiler:
Don't they always bring back 1-3 designers in the final or second to last competition to help the 3 or 4 remaining designers finish their tasks? The benefit would be to pick first or if they only bring back one to get extra hands to help. Maybe that is the rumor you heard.
Old 09-14-06, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well we didn't care too much for the outfits tonight. Two of them were much better than the others and I was happy to see the judges agreed with us.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.