Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't even know what that means. The show is "done" months in advance and whatever happened happened long ago. Right now the final 3 (plus the 4th place decoy) are preparing their lines for Fashion Week in September.

EDIT: The BWE article doesn't specify the outcome either.

Last edited by Gil Jawetz; 07-23-06 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-23-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 07-23-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this season was completed. There was an article about Kayne in the Norman, Oklahoma's online newspaper site that said the show was done, but he's not talking. Maybe everything is done but the final three?
Old 07-23-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Exactly. The final three will show their lines at Fashion Week, along with 4th place if they do it like they did in the two previous seasons (this was to prevent people in the audience from knowing who made the final three). The way the show works is they do all the challenges and get down to final three. Then they give each person in the final three $8000 and a loooong time (5 months or so) to go home and put together a full line of 12 or so pieces for fashion week. That's the final challenge. So the final 3 or 4 are in their homes right now making their Fashion Week lines. Everyone else is just at home twiddling their thumbs.
Old 07-24-06, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
I accidentally read a HUGE spoiler at Best Week Ever's website. The headline was about Heidi faking her accent so I thought it would be a silly article but I was instantly confronted with a monster spoiler!!! ARG!!

And to share the misery:
Spoiler:
I guess it's Keith who broke the rules and will assumedly get bounced from the show. Seems his sketches in his portfolio that got him on the show were basically just traced over stills from other desginers' runway shows. Oops!

Either way we'll all know about it for sure on Wednesday.
Spoiler
Spoiler:
Yeah, Keith gets bounced from the show, but it's not because of his portfolio. It's because he snuck some fashion books into his room when all the designers were told they couldn't have any fashion books or magazines.
Old 07-24-06, 12:07 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang
I'm not guaranteeing that you will love the show, but what I am saying is that if you leave preconceived judgments at the door, maybe you'll find something you like.
You must have me confused with the folks who buy DVDs just to own thousands of DVDs or who watch everything on TV just to watch everything on TV. I'm glad my girlfriend likes it and is borderline obsessed with it; it makes my love of The Simpsons that much more tolerable to her. In the meantime, I have no interest in watching this show.
Old 07-24-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dogmatica
You must have me confused with the folks who buy DVDs just to own thousands of DVDs or who watch everything on TV just to watch everything on TV.

You're not one of those folks?

I must admit that when I see your name I get it confused with this band Mrs. Pusser likes:

Old 07-24-06, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Originally Posted by dogmatica
You must have me confused with the folks who buy DVDs just to own thousands of DVDs or who watch everything on TV just to watch everything on TV. I'm glad my girlfriend likes it and is borderline obsessed with it; it makes my love of The Simpsons that much more tolerable to her. In the meantime, I have no interest in watching this show.
Uh, OK. You must have me confused with someone who actually puts that much thought into some random poster on this forum. I meant exactly what I said, maybe you would enjoy the show if you actually gave it a chance and left preconceived judgments at the door. I don't see what collecting DVDs or watching every show on TV has to do with it. I do enjoy your random logic though to an extent.

But as someone else said after my last post, if you don't watch the show and don't have any desire to watch it, why continue lurking and posting on this thread? Why don't we give this thing a rest, especially before you are able to tap into all of my other thoughts about you?
Old 07-26-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sounds like the issue with
Spoiler:
Keith
may happen next week-sure wasn't there this week.
Old 08-03-06, 04:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Well Keith and Bonnie both got the boot (for entirely different reasons) and ditzy Angela managed to pull off a victory with a major assist from Laura and Michael. Bradley seems to be hanging on by the skin of his teeth.
Old 08-03-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really enjoying this season.

I agree that Angela's outfit was the best, but she owes her partners big time for keeping her love of rosettes in check. I expect her to get the boot during the next individual challenge.

Anyone else crushing on the blonde, Allison?

BTW, here are links to Angela's winning design, already up on Macy's website:

Angela's Design at Macy's

Angela's Design at Macy's
Old 08-03-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Glad to see some people are still watching this show. I was getting a bit worried there.

I like how they showed several instances of Keith cheating. They mentioned his disappearance and use of the internet and also showed him asking for a discount for thread.
Old 08-04-06, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is asking for a discount cheating? I wouldn't think it would be. If you can get a better deal of your supplies, why not haggle a bit? Anyway, I was actually kinda surprised that they went ahead and booted Bonnie. I figured they might handle it like Survivor when someone leaves and not cut someone after the challenge. I half expected when they put up "The Next Morning" that Bonnie would show up at the store. Oh, well. Anyone else think there was no way in hell they would let Keith's design win? I mean, if it was the winner, then the guy that they bounced for breaking the rules would have still been awarded a design of his to be sold in a Macy's store. I was thinking that Keith was a clear frontrunner to make it deep into the competition, so this certainly opens up things for the other designers.
Old 08-04-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Is asking for a discount cheating? I wouldn't think it would be.
Well, the challenge was to buy materials with the $100 dollars given. While I wouldn't consider it outright cheating, him haggling down the price of the fabrics was slightly dishonest, and I'm sure that kind of thing wouldn't get you put off the show, is probably frowned upon.

Remember this is a contest where everyone is supposed to be on an even playing field. In season 1 during the finale, Kara Saun had a friend make some really nice footwear for her models. Since all three designers were supposed to stay within a budget, the producers asked her to use the shoes supplied, or her custom footwear couldn't be considered during judging. She tried to skate around it by having her friend charge her a few dollars per shoe, but these shoes had fur on them and just weren't valued at what her friend said he would charge her (like $10 per pair). This didn't get her kicked off the show, but it was just shady.

I think Keith let his passion for winning this show cloud his judgment. I don't think he needed or even used the books. What a shame because he had so much talent.

Angela was tempered by her team mates. She was about to ruin a perfectly good design with her blasted rosettas!!!! She's next, followed by Bradley, then Vincent....just predicting here.
Old 08-04-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
I think Bradley should be the next one out. In the previous episode, his dress was horrible, the dog collar was simple, but the judges LOVED it. I thought it looked like a sack, and with ugly colors. I could not BELIEVE the judges were raving over it, especially since he had NO clue what he wanted to do, and barely "finished" the garment.
I really liked Keith, and what he was able to create, but his attitude was getting a bit much. What I wonder is if Kayne hadn't spoken up about the books, would the producers even known about it? Don't the camera people also see this stuff and report back?
Roberts dress was bad. Like the judges said, it looked too mature, and out of proportion. That jacket? What was he thinking? I usually like what he does, but this time he really screwed up.

I wish Malan was still around.
Old 08-04-06, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Neitzl
I think Bradley should be the next one out.
As you mentioned, that last dress was sooooooooo bad. I was sure he was out on that one. My jaw hit the floor when they raved over it. It was as bad as that hat with the chains Vincent made in challenge 1.
Old 08-04-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by iggystar
Well, the challenge was to buy materials with the $100 dollars given. While I wouldn't consider it outright cheating, him haggling down the price of the fabrics was slightly dishonest, and I'm sure that kind of thing wouldn't get you put off the show, is probably frowned upon.

Remember this is a contest where everyone is supposed to be on an even playing field. In season 1 during the finale, Kara Saun had a friend make some really nice footwear for her models. Since all three designers were supposed to stay within a budget, the producers asked her to use the shoes supplied, or her custom footwear couldn't be considered during judging. She tried to skate around it by having her friend charge her a few dollars per shoe, but these shoes had fur on them and just weren't valued at what her friend said he would charge her (like $10 per pair). This didn't get her kicked off the show, but it was just shady.
I totally see your point, but it's not like the other contestants couldn't haggle as well. Technically, he did stay in his budget, and if there were a fabric that one of the other designers loved but it was slightly out of the price range, I would expect them to haggle a bit as well.

Plus, once it gets to the final three, it ceases to be a completely even playing field. By that, I just mean that different areas have different prices. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if Chloe, being in Houston, had access to cheaper fabric than the other contestants. I live in South Texas near the border, and I'm sure that prices would be less than Santino had to pay (wasn't he in L.A.?). I don't know. Just food for thought, I guess.
Old 08-16-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Another memorable quote to add to the list

Season 1

"I didn't take the bitch's dye, that's fo' sho!" - Jay

Season 2

"Where the hell is my chiffon" - Andre

Season 3

"Why don't you go stick some Harry Winstons up your nose" - Vincent

Jeffery's diabetic comment came in at a close second
Old 08-16-06, 11:45 PM

Can not believe they kept Vincent over Allison...do they not consider past works at all?
Michael continues to impress, as does Uli..
Old 08-17-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Pusser family was shocked that they didn't get rid of the crazy guy. We'll miss cute Allison.

I was just watching the initial casting episode and noticed that when Jeffrey Sebelia was interviewed for casting he did NOT have that hideous tattoo on his neck.
Old 08-17-06, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was not happy with this week's results. I felt that Jeffrey should have won and Vincent should have lost. Oh well.
Old 08-17-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
The Pusser family was shocked that they didn't get rid of the crazy guy. We'll miss cute Allison.
Me too. She was one of my summer reality show girl-crushes along with Storm Large and Janelle.

I am not a guy, but I think Allison is about 10 times more prettier than most of the models on this show.

I was just watching the initial casting episode and noticed that when Jeffrey Sebelia was interviewed for casting he did NOT have that hideous tattoo on his neck.
Thank you for saying that. That thing bugs the crap out of me. If you are a dude with a really thick neck, a big ass tattoo only makes your neck look thicker. As a fashion designer he should know you should not draw attention to your flaws!

Although I guess it's cool that it says Detroit, but does the tattoo have to be the size of the actual city?
Old 08-18-06, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Me too. She was one of my summer reality show girl-crushes along with Storm Large and Janelle.

I am not a guy, but I think Allison is about 10 times more prettier than most of the models on this show.

Thank you for saying that. That thing bugs the crap out of me. If you are a dude with a really thick neck, a big ass tattoo only makes your neck look thicker. As a fashion designer he should know you should not draw attention to your flaws!

Although I guess it's cool that it says Detroit, but does the tattoo have to be the size of the actual city?
What show is Large and Janelle from? Could be something I watch but I don't follow the names that closely.

What exactly does the tat say?
Old 08-18-06, 01:32 AM

I think Bradley should be the next one out. In the previous episode, his dress was horrible, the dog collar was simple, but the judges LOVED it. I thought it looked like a sack, and with ugly colors. I could not BELIEVE the judges were raving over it, especially since he had NO clue what he wanted to do, and barely "finished" the garment.
The more I've watched the show, the better I've gotten at picking out the dresses the judges will like and dislike. However, I still don't understand why they love poofy tops so much. Last season Daniel V. won a challenge with a similarly shaped dress, and a lot of Chloe's final collection was made of very puffed out dresses, and obviously the judges loved that. Something about playing with the silhouette blah blah blah, whatever, they mostly just look unflattering to me.

I think the producers aren't doing as good a job at picking who stays and who goes. I guess they figured Vincent would bring more conflict and craziness, but Drew Barrymore, oops I mean, Allison gave the guys a "but she's cute!" defense for watching the show.

Last edited by BabiG; 08-18-06 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-18-06, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by RichardW
I was not happy with this week's results. I felt that Jeffrey should have won and Vincent should have lost. Oh well.
I agree 100%. I can't believe they let Allison go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.