Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread

Old 12-12-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
It started last Wednesday correct? I thought it was starting this week so I missed i, but I saw parts of re-airs on Sunday and it looked like they've aired 2 episodes? Did they show 2 on Wednesday night?
Old 12-12-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone sounds British when they are having a nervous breakdown.

Last edited by Patman; 12-12-05 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
It started last Wednesday correct? I thought it was starting this week so I missed i, but I saw parts of re-airs on Sunday and it looked like they've aired 2 episodes? Did they show 2 on Wednesday night?

Yeah... they aired two episodes back-to-back.
Old 12-12-05, 11:49 AM

yeah the bald guy is a total freak. he shouldve been gone, not the girl.

i like the asian girl , dont remember her name- she won the 2nd contest.

i initially liked the dude who won the 1st contest, but then when he got all cocky for not winning the 2nd contest, I put him in the "can't stand" pile.
Old 12-12-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
yeah the bald guy is a total freak. he shouldve been gone, not the girl.

i like the asian girl , dont remember her name- she won the 2nd contest.

i initially liked the dude who won the 1st contest, but then when he got all cocky for not winning the 2nd contest, I put him in the "can't stand" pile.
I think they kept him for the show's drama.

Santino is a bit cocky and I'm not sure what to make of Emmett (former student of Tim Gunn), whos seems remain to himself at times.
Old 12-13-05, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another season with Nina Garcia. Yipee!

Not.

I guess I can't like everyone on the show because that wouldn't be fun.

Looks like there's going to be some major drama according to the upcoming previews.
Old 12-13-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 162 Likes on 130 Posts
My buddy's cousin got knocked off ... fast

Bummer.
Old 12-13-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichardW
Another season with Nina Garcia. Yipee!

Not.

I agree...Why people think this lady knows anything is beyond me. She really makes this show unwatchable to me at times. Anybody else get the feeling they kicked off the girl because she was from Alabama, and not seen as "hip" enough? I dont know I just thought they should have got rid of the big cry baby instead of her. I wanted to crawl through my tv and beat the shit out him. Even my wife was like I dont know if I can watch this show with him on it, and she is the one who has me hooked on this crap.
Old 12-22-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Episode 4: Team Lingerie

Okay, does anyone else think Santino was left in so he could continue to add drama to the show? The judges obviously don't like him because of his attitude and yet we get to put up with him a little longer. My wife isn't sure she wants to watch it anymore.
Old 12-22-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay, does anyone else think Santino was left in so he could continue to add drama to the show? The judges obviously don't like him because of his attitude and yet we get to put up with him a little longer. My wife isn't sure she wants to watch it anymore.

The whole damn challenge was bullshit and yes I thought Santino (much like Andre) was kept for the show's drama.

I also thought both Santino's and Diana's designs were complete shit!

Sorry to see Danny Franco go...
Old 12-22-05, 06:23 PM

If you check the podcast you can download from Bravo's website (um... my girlfriend downloaded it?), Tim Gunn (the host of sorts) made mention of the fact that the confrontation between Santino and the judges as shown on TV was actually whittled down from the original 90 minute tantrum. If you think he was a dickhead on the broadcast, imagine what 90 minutes of that guy must be like.

Santino was kept on for drama only - his design was obviously the worst of the episode. I thought Bravo would be a little more classy than being forced by the producers into keeping that douchebag on for another week. Daniel F. was a class-act for being as gracious as he was.

To be honest, I can't understand why the group of girls and their bondage/scarf getups weren't up against Santino's group for worst design - Daniel F. got hosed...
Old 12-22-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by A.D.D. for DVD
If you check the podcast you can download from Bravo's website (um... my girlfriend downloaded it?), Tim Gunn (the host of sorts) made mention of the fact that the confrontation between Santino and the judges as shown on TV was actually whittled down from the original 90 minute tantrum. If you think he was a dickhead on the broadcast, imagine what 90 minutes of that guy must be like.
Maybe it will be on the Season 2 DVD set. Hopefully, he'll get booted soon.... I just can't stand sore loser.
Old 12-23-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by A.D.D. for DVD
To be honest, I can't understand why the group of girls and their bondage/scarf getups weren't up against Santino's group for worst design - Daniel F. got hosed...
Agreed. Their line was identical, yet they didn't get any comments about that.
Old 12-28-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Maybe it will be on the Season 2 DVD set. Hopefully, he'll get booted soon.... I just can't stand sore loser.
Will the DVD sets have extended shots of the models changing??
Old 12-28-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hell no. Granted, his "Heidi's Homeland" line was hideous, but he's definitely one of the most talented designers on the show as evidenced by his MyScene outfit and the one that brought him a win in the first ep. Sure, he's a jackass, but the show is about finding the best designer.

Agree that that Daniel F. got hosed, but the dude could not meet deadlines and all of his designs were basically the same, including the three lingerie items. Loved his exit in the last ep. A lot of class, that guy.

No way I'm giving up on this season. Cloe is hot and that Diana Eng chick is bound to make something battery-operated and gizmo-like. Plus, who could resist a blow-up between Santino and Andre?
Old 01-12-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree that Santino has evolved into a cocky, self-serving prick, but he is a very talented cocky, self-serving prick. I was a little surprised he wasn't eliminated for his lackluster lingerie, but he still is one of the most talented designers on the show, although his record with challenges is hit or miss. He's won two so far, correct?

Nick is my favorite, and I believe he will win the entire show. He has the talent and the personality for a winner. I think Chloe will do very well too, and am waiting to see what Emmet brings to the table.
Old 01-13-06, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts
I just can't stand Santino's ego anymore. Everything he touches does not turn into gold, even though he certainly thinks so. He was lucky to squeak through the lingerie competition, and I think he was lucky to get through the Banana Republic competition.
Old 01-13-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
I just can't stand Santino's ego anymore. Everything he touches does not turn into gold, even though he certainly thinks so. He was lucky to squeak through the lingerie competition, and I think he was lucky to get through the Banana Republic competition.
The guy believes his own bullshit.

I really wanted him to lose the last challenge, but that would have meant for Nick to leave as well.

I still think the final three will consist of Nick, Chloe and that bastard Santino.
Old 01-19-06, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang

That bastard escapes another cut during the Ice Skating Challenge....unbelievable!!!!!
Old 01-19-06, 05:40 PM

Is it just me, or is the model side of the competition horribly unfair and stupid? The models have almost nothing to do with their own success on the show. The winning designer is never going to choose to switch models, because if they've just won the challenge why would they want to mess up a good thing? It basically comes down to how lucky they got in that first week, and even then they didn't get to pick their designers. They really need to change that if they're going to keep pretending this is a competition for them too.
Old 01-19-06, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BabiG
Is it just me, or is the model side of the competition horribly unfair and stupid? The models have almost nothing to do with their own success on the show. The winning designer is never going to choose to switch models, because if they've just won the challenge why would they want to mess up a good thing? It basically comes down to how lucky they got in that first week, and even then they didn't get to pick their designers. They really need to change that if they're going to keep pretending this is a competition for them too.
Spoiler:
next week's previews show Zulema asking for a "walkoff" between 3 models, implying she is going to poach someone's model and shake things up. I think Daniel's model is gorgeous and I hope she wins.

Edit: there is no way they will cut Santino until maybe the end. He has won a lot of challenges but has been uneven in his designs. So I think the
Spoiler:
introduction of the shows shows who will be at fashion week i.e. Daniel, Chloe, and Nick plus the editing has cast all three in good light

Last edited by chowderhead; 01-19-06 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-08-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New Episode tonight: "Make-over"

I'm surprise this thread isn't more active, especially since this show is setting all sorts of ratings records.
Old 07-13-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Project Runway-discuss-and still keep your man card

Mrs. Pusser is a big fan of this show so I started watching it with her. This is a step up from most reality shows-talent is involved. WTF?

So a new season started tonight and once again they snuck in an intro/casting show before the first competition episode.

Good stuff.

Some wacky wannabees are shown (natch) and one hot woman wasn't picked despite showing massive cleavage. Like I said, talent is important.

In the pre-show ep they showed an older guy who dropped out of fashion years ago and I'm pretty sure one of the models wearing a dress was Natalie Portman.

The group they have this year looks much better than the past years.

Whaddya think?
Old 07-13-06, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the official link including blogs. Oh boy!

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/

Carry on and make it work people!

Last edited by Buford T Pusser; 07-13-06 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-13-06, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Alison Kelly is hot.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.