Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 11/03/04

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-04, 08:50 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Cusm
I am not a heroin expert, but wouldn't burning it have the same effect as burning a bag of coke or pot? Everyone in the cave would be feeling good.
I made a similar remark to my wife during the broadcast, but she reminded me of the show's mantra: Nobody gets high on MAGIWISH PENINSULA
Old 11-04-04, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cusm
Locke was the first suspect that came to mind for clubbing Sayeed, as he loves the island, but I think that would be too lazy for the stellar writers of this show.

I am not a heroin expert, but wouldn't burning it have the same effect as burning a bag of coke or pot? Everyone in the cave would be feeling good.
"Damn Locke, this boar is amazing!!"
Old 11-04-04, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
In tonight's episode, The Professor's plan to triangulate the source of the French signal is foiled when clumsy Gilligan gets trapped in a cave in.

Ooops, wrong island!

Originally posted by Groucho
Forgot to mention that there seems to be a budding attraction between Link and Sun. Did anybody else notice that?
Always 4 minutes too late!

Chris
Old 11-04-04, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also thought that the bag was heroin but usually isn't heroin injected not sniffed? I always see scenes of junkies in the movies cooking it up on spoons for later injections.

Interesting episode about the demise of Driveshaft.

Next week's episode looks good. I hope they kick Sawyer's ass. He's a jerk.
Old 11-04-04, 11:02 AM

You must be kidding! Sawyer is the Coolest one on the show!
Old 11-04-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Anybody else think that Kate has better chemistry with Sayeed than with Jack?
Old 11-04-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Red Dog: I think its going to be Sayeed vs Jack for Kate's 'affections' although the writers are trying to make it Sawyer and Jack. Sayeed has natural leadership capabilities, especially since he was in the military.

Link: I really liked the little touch about him taking charge, and having his son look up to him.

Kate: Is it just me..or does she look younger and younger as the show goes on. It looks like she is like 21. (I think she really is 25?)

Sun: She is totally rebelling against her korean Hubby. The shirt thing about being too hot was nice.
Old 11-04-04, 11:21 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by drjay
I cannot for the life of me think of who would've clocked Said, and if it's just some random character I won't be happy. The only person alone when it happened was Locke, skinning his boar. Aggh one more week.
Maybe he was subconsciously wishing to be smacked in the back of the head with a two-by-four, and the island granted his wish.
Old 11-04-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

After Locke showed Charlie the moth and Charlie goes back and says he will go in to try to save Jack I knew that they would go out the top some how with a struggle just like the moth emerging from its cocoon.

As for who hit Sayid at the end I was thinking Sawyer at first but he was lighting the bottle rocket, so now I think it was Locke since he things the island has special powers and he wants to stay there. He is a useful person there that everyone looks to for food and maybe protection where as back in him old life he was an office worker whose boss was a young jackass that was always putting him down.
Old 11-04-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally posted by Borst

As for who hit Sayid at the end I was thinking Sawyer at first but he was lighting the bottle rocket, so now I think it was Locke since he things the island has special powers and he wants to stay there. He is a useful person there that everyone looks to for food and maybe protection where as back in him old life he was an office worker whose boss was a young jackass that was always putting him down.

I think it is someone we haven't seen yet - either someone from their group, someone from another group from the plane, or someone who has been living on the island previously.
Old 11-04-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone mentioned that the extra's that actually got some airtime today (and spoke!), we're scott and steve.. two twins I believe. They might get prominant time..or they might just got the face shot only to die later on. The producers need to keep around a large enough pool of survivors so they can do storylines etc.

Or this place will become melrose place on a island.
Old 11-04-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Locke does not want to get off the island. I also think he is the 1st one to figure out what the island may be, granting your inner most desires - or something like that.

That is why he had that funny/evil look on his face (and the music changed to erie) when he saw the boy find his dog. He knew at that time he never wants to leave the island. He wants to walk, have adventures and not be put down by his boss (or anyone else) again.

How peoples lives have changed:
1. Locke - can walk
2. Charlie - off drugs
3. Michael & Son - Time to bond/get to know each other
4. Kate - No longer on the run/new start/free
5. Hurley - will loose wieght
6. Sun - Has hope to get her husband back
7. Sayid - ???
8. Jack - ???

I believe Locke will be the man behind the group staying on the island for a long time. Maybe like the Nexis in Star Trek Generations.
Old 11-04-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kate looked younger because her hair has gotten crazy long in just "8 days" on the island.
Old 11-04-04, 12:54 PM

I read on the ABC message board that Sun was a prostitute or a high priced Call Girl.
Old 11-04-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Since Sawyer and Sayid have had problems, that would make it too obvious that Sawyer clunked Sayid, which leads me to believe that there's [/i]no way[/i] he actually did so.

Kate digging like a maniac and practically jumping Jack's bones when he appeared shows that she is very very horny.
Old 11-04-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by orangeguy
I just posted that. I hope it leads to some hot and heavy bed scenes.
*whoosh*
Old 11-04-04, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Iron_Giant

How peoples lives have changed:
8. Jack - ???
I'd say that Jack's transformation is that he learns he is strong enough on the inside to be a leader, despite what his father told him as a boy.
Old 11-04-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Kate digging like a maniac and practically jumping Jack's bones when he appeared shows that she is very very horny.
You noticed that, too!?!
Old 11-04-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Snowmaker
Wonder who clocked Sayid (sp?) and how come it didn't seem to reflect on the preview for next week?

What happened to the pregnant chick?
The pregnant girl must've stayed on the beach? Who knows.

I'm wondering about the previews for next week, I agree with the other posters who say it's too obvious to have Sawyer be the one who clocked Sayid, I think Locke is the most likely suspect for the same reasons others have posted.
Old 11-04-04, 01:31 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I read on the ABC message board that Sun was a prostitute or a high priced Call Girl.
Whoever posted that obviously didn't watch last week's episode.
Old 11-04-04, 01:31 PM

I just posted that. I hope it leads to some hot and heavy bed scenes.
[Teacher mode ON]Yes dear, he knows you just posted it, as did a couple of other people before you, using the character's names:

Originally posted by cliffzig
...In other love triangle news, the Dad is falling for Sun....
Originally posted by superdeluxe
...and Link is falling for Sun.
Originally posted by krazykat72
We all know you mean Augustus is falling for Sun
[Teacher mode OFF]
Old 11-04-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 609 Likes on 351 Posts
Nope, nope, nope! Locke could not have beaned Sayeed because 1) Locke was off skinning a boar, 2) Locke is a 'cave person' and would have no clue what those wacky Beach People are up to anyway. Sawyer couldn't have done it either because we know he was way off lighting the flare.

I say Jack did it. What's that? You say Jack was trapped in a cave?? That's just what he wants you to think! The only person who actually saw Jack in the cave was Charlie, whom we know to be on drugs and have halucinations.

Also, I think the black dude has a thing for the Korean chick.
Old 11-04-04, 03:13 PM

Oh, that's an excellent point: how would Locke know where to find Sayid (how DO you spell that guy's name???)? Not that many people knew where he went, Kate was at the cave digging, Sawyer was lighting a flare, several beach people were also digging...

Maybe it was someone else on the island? As in, NOT one of the survivors?

No, SERIOUSLY, maybe?
Old 11-04-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The polar bear's brother did it.
Old 11-04-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My thought is the black woman. We haven't seen her lately.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.