DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost 11/03/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/394041-lost-11-03-04-a.html)

Chew 11-03-04 06:11 AM

Lost 11/03/04

http://a.abc.com/images/20040920/466...monaghan01.jpg

Episode Title: "The Moth"

Spoiler:
Charlie begins a painful journey of withdrawal from drugs, surprisingly aided by Locke, whose true motive for helping Charlie is a mystery. Meanwhile, survivors struggle to find and free Jack when he's buried alive in a cave collapse, and someone might be secretly thwarting Sayid, Kate, and Boone when they enact a plan to find the source of the French transmission.

Groucho 11-03-04 08:02 AM

My wife came up with an interesting theory...perhaps the island grants the wishes of anybody who is on it? Think about it.

Or perhaps they all died on the crash, and they are in purgatory (the "dead" passengers have passed on to heaven or hell).

What is the monster? My guess is a t-rex. Or maybe Zombie Dad when he gets angry?

Quake1028 11-03-04 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
My wife came up with an interesting theory...perhaps the island grants the wishes of anybody who is on it? Think about it.

Or perhaps they all died on the crash, and they are in purgatory (the "dead" passengers have passed on to heaven or hell).

What is the monster? My guess is a t-rex. Or maybe Zombie Dad when he gets angry?

Your wife is a GENIUS!

Personally I think the little boy has psychic powers. You see, because he wanted his dog back, and he got it. Watch out for that kid, I have a bad feeling about him.

Charlie Goose 11-03-04 08:14 AM

Okay, it was funny at first but it's wearing thin now.

Chew 11-03-04 08:17 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Posting all the theories right off the bat gets them out of the way. :lol:

Groucho 11-03-04 08:18 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Just imagine how thin it'll be by the end of the season.

Say, did anybody see that Penny Arcade strip...?

Mazje 11-03-04 08:54 AM

Dammit, Groucho, the Penny Arcade strip was my line!

Feneant 11-03-04 09:09 AM

Why does every week someone post the same theories that were posted in every thread since the episode came on tv.

Say, did anybody see that Penny Arcade strip...? (It was hilarious when people kept posting it in the same thread constantly)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20041020l.jpg

the aftermath 11-03-04 09:33 AM

Only 9 hours and 27 minutes to go :banana:

mrpayroll 11-03-04 10:22 AM

Repost! :grunt:

Chris

redinger 11-03-04 11:22 AM

Flawed.

How do explain that everybody on the island hasn't seen this so called T-Rex. What do you think this is, some kind of Magiwish Peninsula?

Michael Corvin 11-03-04 12:52 PM

Originally posted by redinger
Flawed.

How do explain that everybody on the island hasn't seen this so called T-Rex. What do you think this is, some kind of Magiwish Peninsula?

The T-Rex isn't hungry. He ate Jack's father. So he hasn't bothered with the beach goers. That and, he would have to get the Mrs. to put sunscreen on his back, and he knows all his buddies will make fun of him for it. So they are safe for now.

Trelach24 11-03-04 01:02 PM

Never gets old.

shoppingbear 11-03-04 01:10 PM

Originally posted by Chew
Posting all the theories right off the bat gets them out of the way. :lol:
ITA! :lol:

But, you forgot one: THE BODY WAS ON THE PLANE... but only because it was STRAPPED TO THE TAIL SECTION! :D

Fielding Mellish 11-03-04 02:39 PM

http://www.notcoming.com/evenmoreima...oiacs/bill.jpg

Gil Jawetz 11-03-04 02:51 PM

avoiding spoilers like crazy but just wanted to say that i'm really looking forward to this tonight. Damn, I love this show!

Big Boy Laroux 11-03-04 02:57 PM

it looked to me (from the previews), that this episode is more set-based.

the cave collapsing looked like some big styrofoam rocks falling down.

joltaddict 11-03-04 05:06 PM

Big Boy SPOILER TAGS before it airs!

Snowmaker 11-03-04 06:08 PM

Wonder if we'll see Kate in a bra tonight. :D

duz 11-03-04 08:09 PM

I keep hating the hick more and more...

Deftones 11-03-04 08:37 PM

Written by Paul Dini? Wow. That's pretty damn cool.

Snowmaker 11-03-04 08:41 PM

Wonder who clocked Sayid (sp?) and how come it didn't seem to reflect on the preview for next week?

What happened to the pregnant chick?

Abelkems 11-03-04 09:11 PM

I was really disappointed in this episode. I hope it gets better next week.

cliffzig 11-03-04 09:19 PM

Not much happens. Charlie gets off the drugs. Said gets hit by an unknown stick brandisher, thus probably never finding the source of that French chick distress signal. Sun has a brief scene where she stands up to Jin, if only to avoid putting on that damn sweater again. The hick is falling for Kate, and Kate is falling for Jack. This sets up some future conflict. In other love triangle news, the Dad is falling for Sun. Hit-man Jin is gonna have to whup his azz again.

AndyCapps 11-03-04 09:23 PM

Next week, everyone's had it with the hoarder, so they kill him off. Then Jack proclaims, "As leader of this tribe, the bitches are moving to the cave with me, and the rest of you can stay on the beach and wait for our rescuers."