The Simple Life

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha. That was actually pretty funny.
Old 12-03-03, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the 2nd episode was quite entertaining. And I really like Nicole's laugh. She seems a lot warmer than Paris is.

Chris
Old 12-04-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fired on their first day. The kicker must have been when they decided to use the farmer's whirlpool.

I also noticed the Real World people are behind this show. Not a positive thing IMO.

The kid is really cute.
Old 12-04-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by big whoppa

The kid is really cute.
He's probably gonna kill tinkerbell, though.
Old 12-04-03, 12:50 AM

I think the kid is probably gonna make that family some bux...
Old 12-04-03, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fired on their first day. The kicker must have been when they decided to use the farmer's whirlpool.

I also noticed the Real World people are behind this show. Not a positive thing IMO.

I clicked over to a hockey game for a minute around this time. I know these are spoiled girls, but why would they have had bikinis with them for work at a dairy farm? That just seems like something that would have to be planned by the people who make the Real World. Unless I missed something when I clicked over that explained it.
Old 12-04-03, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At first, I thought they returned back to the house but they were still at the dairy farm. Yeah, really odd. I wouldn't be surprised if the people behind the cameras gave them bikinis from out of the blue.
Old 12-04-03, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I have to admit I am entertained watching this show. They are so arrogant that I sit there in awe. Also that kid is probably the cutest kid ever on television.
Old 12-04-03, 03:30 AM
Banned

How's the show doing in the ratings?
Old 12-04-03, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Paris seems obssessed with her looks. I can see her getting an extreme makeover as she gets older like the king of pop..

She's cute but I think she's way too thin. The "anorexic model" look is very unappealing..

You'd figure with all her parents money they could afford to feed her..

The show is funny though in a hillbilly kind of way
Old 12-04-03, 04:55 AM

I loved Nicole's response when the Dairy guy told her to yell at the cows to make them move:

"MOVE MOTHER F#$%#ERS!!!"

I almost fell on the floor laughing!

Nicole seems to be the odd girl out here...she seems to be intelligent, but holding back a bit for the purposes of the show. Paris on the other hand, is a complete airhead...then again, seeing her parents in Episode one, I guess I understand where that came from. I noticed Lionel Ritchie didn't appear at that going-away party...after all these years, the man still has class.
Old 12-04-03, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Both of them have never held a job. I can't believe their parents (especially Lionel) would allow them to be raised like that.
Old 12-04-03, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dolphinboy
That just seems like something that would have to be planned by the people who make the Real World. Unless I missed something when I clicked over that explained it.

I just feel the whole thing is fabricated. As are all reality shows IMO. There is no way she's never heard of wal-mart, I just can't believe that. The whole bikini/hot tub AT the dairy farm, whatever. The guy running the dairy farm wouldn't leave those two much less anyone who has never worked on a farm alone. Not to mention he was in the house. Farmers don't go in and relax in the middle of the day. I think this could be a really good show but they aren't even trying to make it remotely real IMO.
Old 12-04-03, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by Marvdog
I think the kid is probably gonna make that family some bux...
My wife and I are wondering how much the family is getting paid by Fox to put up with these to for a month, especially now that the ratings are through the roof!

Our local morning show DJ talked to dairy farmer Dan this morning- he seems like a great guy! I was feeling real bad for him when they were pouring water into the milk.

But I thought it was great when he fired and paid them: "You were here 9 hours, but only worked 6. Here's $42."
Old 12-04-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Why doesn't Paris have an ass? She's not to appeling to me. I did however find Nicole to be hot, plus she seems like she has a bit of a personality. Hope she lets it out more later in the season.
Old 12-04-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
THis may sound odd, but I couldn't help but feel badly for for Paris and Nicole throughout the whole thing. Not because of the "hardship" of having a job or anything, but becuase it is sad that people would be so lost as to what most people do to survive. Actually, I would probably go so far as to feeling pity for them.

I'll probably watch more with the hopes that they somehow find a little more meaning in life that what they have.
Old 12-04-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dolphinboy
He's probably gonna kill tinkerbell, though.
Loved it when he slid tinkerbell down the slide and then the dog ran away with its tail between its legs. hehe

The kid is just the cutest.
Old 12-04-03, 11:27 AM

I can't believe it's getting higher ratings than That 70's Show!

The annual "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" special, 7.7/12, gave NBC the lead at 8 p.m. CBS' "60 Minutes II," 7.5/12, tied for second with FOX, which aired "That '70s Show," 6.5/11, and "The Simple Life," 8.5/13 (FOX averaged more total viewers for the hour). Reruns of "My Wife and Kids" and "It's All Relative" put ABC in fourth. The WB aired a "Smallville" rerun, which finished a few tenths ahead of a "Star Trek: Enterprise" repeat, 1.9/3, on UPN.

Chris
Old 12-04-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So that's what Paris Hilton looks like with clothes on. Interesting.

And she has a face, too. Never noticed that before.
Old 12-04-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Paris is a big head and long hair on a stick.
Old 12-04-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did anyone see how much time Paris spent before she went outside to that circle of guys? She literally was preparing for the Victoria's Secret fashion show.

She's a good looking girl (anyone here who say's she isn't is lying out their ass)....but she has some serious issues. Gain some weight though, good Lord.
Old 12-04-03, 12:52 PM

Paris is a big head and long hair on a stick.
I'd hit it.

Thong
Old 12-04-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Line of the episode;
Dairy Farmer to Paris and Nicole;

I have no idea what you two are looking for from life,
but I hope you find it.

Take away the money, fame, clothes, and cars and what you had is a dairy farmer from Arkansas telling the 'stars' of the show that in his eyes they are the equivilent of crack addicts in the alley behind the Dairy Queen (which Nicole is close to anyway)
For Ar residents worried about how the show makes them look...that guy makes Paris and Nic's dad look like morons.
(BTW I understand the hilton parents being out of touch, but L. Ritchie? Wasnt he poor? He did a bad job with Nic.)

As far as bitchiness...I think both girls are trying but they are totally ill equipped to live in a world where theres no one to handle thier problems.
Nicole is sincerely sweet, but Paris is having a hard time even FORMULATING polite words.

Paris has beautiful runway and camera looks, but in real life she's probably getting ****ed because shes a boozer and the guy can say 'I ****ed Paris Hilton"
Old 12-04-03, 01:16 PM

Not to go into a whole discussion on this minor issue, but growing up in LA I can tell you that i'm not surprised she hasn't heard of walmart, I personally can only name one walmart in LA, and its too much of a hassel to go to.

Originally posted by asabase
I found it hard to believe she didn't know Walmart (considering the Waltons are probably richer than her parents). So did she lie or not?
Old 12-04-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All they know how to do is party and go shopping. They are so out of touch with most of America. Their parents (dads anyway) have done so much that it seems neglectful that they didn't instill a work ethic in them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.