DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Simple Life (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/333157-simple-life.html)

big whoppa 12-02-03 02:20 AM

The Simple Life with Paris Hilton

Rich, pampered girls Paris Hilton, the heiress who's been making a big name for herself for her bedroom skills, and Nicole Richie, daughter of pop singer Lionel, rough it up on an Arkansas farm. Airs tonight. Can't wait to see Paris make out with the barn animals. ;)

Pointyskull 12-02-03 08:41 AM

Not me. I won't be watching.

As attractive as Paris and Nicole are, the thought of sitting through yet another Fox reality show makes my skin crawl.

The one-joke premise of this show seems to be fairly exhausted just by the previews, and frankly those didn't seem all that funny.

I'm sure it will do well in the ratings (at least the first week or two), but count me out.

Joeboo835 12-02-03 08:14 PM

Don't bother, its horrible. I didn't laugh once until the very end, but it was more of a sad laugh like i felt sorry for them.

futbol 12-02-03 08:20 PM

Originally posted by Joeboo835
Don't bother, its horrible. I didn't laugh once until the very end, but it was more of a sad laugh like i felt sorry for them.
Really?

As tired as I am of reality shows, there are some I enjoy - so far, this is one of them. I thought this was absolutely hilarious. I enjoyed it immensely.

RichC2 12-02-03 08:43 PM

so stupid it's entertaining.

dolphinboy 12-02-03 08:54 PM

"what does generic mean?" :lol:

Hoonster 12-02-03 08:59 PM

I thought the show was hilarious! All of the things that Paris had never heard of...
Spoiler:
soup kitchen, Wal-Mart, I know I'm missing several

And how they went to the grocery store...
Spoiler:
I swear, I thought Paris was going to offer to flash some chest to pay for the bill that they didn't have money for. Also, I loved how they just threw everything on top of everything, crushing the loaf of bread, eggs, etc.

And the best line of the episode (paraphrased, of course):
Paris:
Spoiler:
He's kinda cute

Nicole:
Spoiler:
Maybe we should have a threesome

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What I'm really anxious to see are what they showed in the teaser for future episodes:
Spoiler:
making out w/ the local guys, all the stuff w/ the cows

AJW 12-02-03 09:01 PM

Paris: What is Walmart? It's like they sell wall stuff?

big whoppa 12-02-03 09:10 PM

I loved the generic line. Paris's ass crack was exposed for most of the show.

Lionel's daughter is very light-skinned.

The hillbilly voice-over was too much.

I missed the beginning. What happened? I only saw the girls right before the plane trip. And they thought they were going to Paris? HA!

Half hour was too short. Reminder that it airs tomorrow night too.

chanster 12-02-03 09:32 PM

I thought the show sucked ass. Even Paris admitted that she lied about not knowing what Walmart is. Its all one big joke.

big whoppa 12-02-03 09:41 PM

She's only acting dumb? ;)

Michael Corvin 12-02-03 09:55 PM

I was rolling at the threesome bit. That would make home video #3?

asabase 12-02-03 10:31 PM

Originally posted by chanster
I thought the show sucked ass. Even Paris admitted that she lied about not knowing what Walmart is. Its all one big joke.
I found it hard to believe she didn't know Walmart (considering the Waltons are probably richer than her parents). So did she lie or not?

leepyswetr 12-02-03 10:31 PM

Originally posted by chanster
Oh yeah, right. Lied. Jessica Simpson is off the hook.

yecul 12-02-03 10:54 PM

Undoubtedly some of this is scripted/set-up in some way. However, they both are certainly stupid, there is no denying that... whether they know about Wal Mart or not.

Nicole is ****ing ugly.

neiname 12-02-03 10:59 PM

Originally posted by yecul
Nicole is ****ing ugly.
As is Paris

DRG 12-02-03 11:56 PM

Well, whatever it is, I was entertained. I definitely think Nicole has more charisma than Paris. She seems much more down-to-earth than Paris, although that isn't saying much, I know. I'll keep watching, especially since just about everything else is in reruns anyway.

big whoppa 12-03-03 05:17 AM

I just noticed on this site that the DVD will be released next month whether or not The Simple Life is a ratings hit.

The girls don't dress like they're rich. Or is that the LA look?

Vegas9203 12-03-03 07:02 AM

I guarantee she's heard of WalMart...I'm sure her family has more than one share of WalMart stock.

mmconhea 12-03-03 08:30 AM

Loved the show.

bigsoos 12-03-03 08:35 AM

how come Nicole Richie isnt black?

Caoimhin 12-03-03 08:45 AM

See, I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. As much as I relish the thought of the two of them being humiliated, I have no doubt that the series is going to try to make just as much fun of the people in this town who are just trying to live their lives. That really offends me.

cdollaz 12-03-03 08:49 AM

Is Paris supposed to be attractive? I find to be very unattractive.

Derrich 12-03-03 08:59 AM

Originally posted by bigsoos
how come Nicole Richie isnt black?
Her mom is white.

D

Gcomeau 12-03-03 09:07 AM

That was funniest ending to a show that i can remember. I was almost on the floor laughing. One thing's for sure theres no way they never heard of Walmart. Can't wait for tonights episode.