Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Simple Life

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when they typed the reunion special? Paris now has short hair and in the reunion she had long hair. It would be silly to have taped the reunions months ago.
Old 01-14-04, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by QuikSilver
Does anyone know when they typed the reunion special? Paris now has short hair and in the reunion she had long hair. It would be silly to have taped the reunions months ago.
It was taped within the last week, because one of the audience members asked Nicole if she was embarrassed by her behavior, when she poured bleach all over the pool table in the last episode.

So unless the townspeople get to see the episodes before all of us, then the reunion was taped since last weeks regular episode.

Chris
Old 01-14-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mrpayroll
It was taped within the last week, because one of the audience members asked Nicole if she was embarrassed by her behavior, when she poured bleach all over the pool table in the last episode.

So unless the townspeople get to see the episodes before all of us, then the reunion was taped since last weeks regular episode.

Chris
it's a town of like 1000 people, I'm sure they heard about it when it happened because they live there
Old 01-14-04, 07:29 PM

Yeah but the audience member mentioned the 'last episode', so that would place a time frame on when the question was asked. She didn't say 'on her last night in town'.

Chris
Old 01-18-04, 01:37 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW, the reunion show WAS filmed about a week before its original air date.
Old 01-19-04, 08:45 AM

We had the reunion show on tape, with no intention of watching it after reading reviews. HOWEVER.... there was nothing else on TV for us, so my wife and I watched it.

I didn't think it was as bad as everyone else thought.. but I DO agree that Leeza Gibbons, as good as she did look, was the worst part of the show.
What the hell was that pig squeal all about?!? lol
Old 01-19-04, 09:20 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone know if Fox is going to re-run the season finale?
Old 01-20-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1) The Reunion Show (finally got around to it last night) was, quite honestly, the most uncomfortable hour on television.

- Tease a scene
- Show a scene (which we had already seen in the actual show)
- Talk about the scene, but add no new information

"Yeah. We worked at a Dairy Farm"
"Yeah. It was hard work."
"No. I don't think I'd work at another Dairy Farm"

I actually felt sad for the "townspeople" they kept parading in. The 5 minutes with Chops and Anthony (or was that Chops' real name, whatever) was like a one minute question from Leeza, followed by the guy saying "Yeah" and grinning.

I haven't seen such blatant use of an applause sign in quite some time.

2) Thankfully, I won't have to hear the same snippet of that "Miss Hilton" song anymore.

3) "...this new 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup!!! It has a hemi!"

I can't wait for Simple Life 2.
Old 01-20-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MrN
Anyone know if Fox is going to re-run the season finale?
I only see "The Lost Episode" airing at 7:30 Central, 1/26/04, on the schedule for the next couple weeks.
Old 01-20-04, 01:50 PM

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|85817|1|,00.html

Second 'Simple Life' in the Works at FOX
(Monday, January 19 12:36 PM)
By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In an announcement that took pretty much no one aback at the recently wrapped TV Critics Association winter press tour, FOX says it's working on a second edition of "The Simple Life."

The only surprise, really, was that Gail Berman, president of FOX Entertainment, didn't have a premiere date in hand when she addressed critics Friday (Jan. 16).

"We're talking about a couple of different ideas now with the producers, Bunim-Murray," Berman says. "I think we'll come up with a new plan shortly."

The formula -- rich girls Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are sent, sans gold cards, somewhere far removed from their New York/Beverly Hills comfort zones to see how the other 99 percent lives -- will remain pretty much the same, Berman says. The show's producers haven't settled on a new location; the first time through, Hilton and Richie spent a month with a family in rural Arkansas.

A second go-round for the show is close to a no-brainer for FOX. After the network stumbled out of the gate with duds like "Skin" and "The Next Joe Millionaire," "The Simple Life" provided a ratings boost. The show averaged about 10.4 million viewers a week and regularly won its time period among the younger viewers FOX targets.

FOX also used repeats and "bonus" episodes to fill holes in its lineup throughout December.

For those of you that are interested, my Tivo is picking up a 'lost episode' of The Simple Life either this week or next week. I'm at work now, so I don't have the exact info.

Chris
Old 01-26-04, 10:53 PM

Wow, I can't believe that saved all the dramatic parts of the show (tornado) for the 'Lost Episode'. It was a pretty funny episode to end this season.

It should be interesting to see where they are going to send them for the next season.

Chris
Old 01-27-04, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't think I'll tune in again. When they actually plan to make the girls lead an actual simple life, and really work rather than do what they normally do in a different location I will watch again. It was funny the first time, but they need to be different this time. I want a real strict guy to MAKE them really work. I don't they "proved" to anyone that they could survive in that environment.
Old 01-27-04, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What really sux, is that the lost episode isn't on the DVD in it's entirety.