TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread

Old 01-27-08, 10:00 PM

I wonder how "uncensored" it will be. Fox Reality Channel seems pretty commited. I'm betting they won't bleep/blur anything.
Old 01-27-08, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope there will be a new thread for the season when it starts Feb. 4th.
Old 01-28-08, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't buy the whole "steamier" thing with this new version on FOX Reality. I doubt we will be seeing any boob or ass shots. If your lucky, maybe you'll see some skimpy bikinis and thongs.
Old 01-28-08, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't buy the whole "steamier" thing with this new version on FOX Reality. I doubt we will be seeing any boob or ass shots. If your lucky, maybe you'll see some skimpy bikinis and thongs.
they are burying the TV-MA version at 1am so I think it will be uncensored. If it wasn't then they would just air it at 10pm or something. I think a lot of these niche cable stations are going in the "uncensored" direction because network TV is so strict and these stations can legally and finacially get away with it. Many cable channels don't bleep/blur content especially at night (FMC, IFC HDNet, TCM, and so on).
Old 01-29-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fox Reality still blurs nudity on their shows, even at 1 AM in the morning. The only difference is they let a little more language slip in. I doubt very strongly it will be uncensored like what you would see if it was on Showtime.
Old 01-29-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are there any hotties on the 2nd edition of this show?
Old 01-29-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Patman
Are there any hotties on the 2nd edition of this show?

http://www.foxreality.com/PH2/

Looks like just one to start - Chelsea "The Tease"
Old 01-29-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mmm... none of the women are doing it for me. But I might check it out if I get a free spot on the TV schedule with the lack of original TV programming theses days.
Old 01-29-08, 09:18 PM

I was digging through some old VHS tapes recently when I found out I taped the OC Pilot for some reason. I believe perhaps I was trying to compare if there was any differences between the pre-fox broadcast pilot. Regardless I found I taped an episode of Paradise Hotel on it! It was quite nostaLGIC watching it again and constantly trying to figure out why Dave got on the show.....

Can't wait for it's return!
Old 02-04-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Paradise Hotel 2 Season Discussion

I don't know if anyone remembered, but tonight was the start of the new season. I never really watched the first one, but this seems like a good enough guilty pleasure to keep tuning in. If anyone watches the TV-MA version let all of us know if anything good happens.
Old 02-05-08, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched it with my wife last night. We watched S1 and it was stupid and terrible --- but we watched anyways and enjoyed it.

This is more of the same. They somehow managed to find the (11) most arrogant, non-attractive assholes ever. I really never thought that anybody could have such a high opinions of themselves, but Paradise Hotel found 11 of these asstards.

One guy, James, proclaimed that he only "hangs with beautiful people" and will only give a girl his time if she "looks like Barbie".
Old 02-05-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Amanda has improved with age, though. She's better looking than any of the "contestants".
Old 02-05-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I compared the two versions of the first episode. The only real differences was around the montage of couples going to sleep. In the Fox Reality version you got some minor crude language not shown in the network version and slightly longer edited scenes.
Old 02-05-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Amanda has improved with age, though. She's better looking than any of the "contestants".
Yeah, when the host is the most attractive person on a show that is one hundred percent about eye candy .. something is wrong. They gotta be able to do better than this.
Old 02-05-08, 06:47 PM
Banned

So I never quite figured out how this works...

There's 11 people, and they pair off. That leaves 1 person unpaired, and that person has to steal someone else's partner.

If that person doesn't steal a partner, that person goes home and someone else comes in.

So, 1) how does anyone win if they keep bringing in the same number of people that leave? 2) If the single person sucessfully steals a partner, does the newly single person leave, or do you have to end 2 votes alone?

The wife had it on while I was on the computer, so I wasn't really paying attention.
Old 02-05-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, you see, at Paradise Hotel the rules are that the rules can change at any time. So in the end, the people who are most annoying will go home and a somewhat "good guy and gal" will win. It's retardedly brilliant.
Old 02-05-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
This is more of the same. They somehow managed to find the (11) most arrogant, non-attractive assholes ever. I really never thought that anybody could have such a high opinions of themselves, but Paradise Hotel found 11 of these asstards.

One guy, James, proclaimed that he only "hangs with beautiful people" and will only give a girl his time if she "looks like Barbie".
This my first time actually watching the show, If one women gets sent home at elimination, does a man get sent home the following week? Yeah James Set the bar pretty high in how to be the biggest douche, followed closely behind by Raheem. The only two females I found attractive were the virgin blonde, and the one who had a room alone, then they showed her pouting about wanting sex.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 02-06-08 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-06-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, next week a guy will go home.
Old 03-24-08, 10:35 PM

Time to bump this. This show just gets funnier every week. I'm convinced this is the dumbest cast ever assembled for a reality show. Funny thing, I'm not grossed out by them like I am by this seasons Big Brother cast. I actually find them endearing in their stupidity.

Anyone else watching?
Old 03-25-08, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show almost works as a parody of reality shows. And, agree, they're too harmlessly stupid to be off-putting.
Old 03-25-08, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mike works at Old Tortilla Factory in Scottsdale (a few blocks from my house) and my friend who works with him says he's a total d-bag... and now that he's back at work, she says he's even worse than before. Of course, Scottsdale is full of d-bags so this isn't so surprising.

I watched the episode tonight - this shit is so hilarious... they scheme and plan and spend more time miserable and stressing out in this paradise than they spend enjoying themselves. Listening to Raheem talk, you would think he was actually accomplishing something. I hated that moustache guy at first like I did everyone else, but now I think he's my favorite person on the show - he's just there to drink and get his knob polished by that huge boobied ho with gold fronts.
Old 03-25-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk God

I basically FF through the eps from Fox Reality just to see the fantastic cans on that one chick.
Old 03-25-08, 08:15 PM

i actually like the show!...Raheim was really an ass but i didnt want him to go cuz he made it interesting with his craziness!...i like Chris and Aaron alot i hope they make it to the end..
Old 03-26-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This sequel is a pale imitation of the original series. It helped that the original PH was on multiple times each week. It was a lot easier to follow each contestant in more detail with the extra time provided.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 03-26-08 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-26-08, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sucks that my favorite guy is now dead. DAMN!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.