TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread

Old 10-02-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by MJKTool

Props to Keith. I was rooting for him the entire time he was on the show.....but there is no way I would have taken people I hate to Vegas and waste money on their asses.

If I was Keith, I would have invited Scott and Holly to Vegas. Well, maybe just Holly.
Old 10-02-03, 03:26 PM

I seriously doubt Keith and Tara would invite all those *******s to Vegas...I bet the producers of that garbage put them up to it... Dave shouldn't not have been surprised that Charla kept the money...I just couldn't believe that she did that ! And she kept f-ing with him about whether or not she was going to! Making it seem a few times like she was going to give it to him/not giving it to him! She's a total maniac!
Old 10-02-03, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Red Dog
If I was Keith, I would have invited Scott and Holly to Vegas. Well, maybe just Holly.
Oh, definitely Holly. Walking around Vegas w/ a lot of cash and Tara and Holly on each arm - that is definitely a good thing.
Old 10-02-03, 03:43 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Charla is a piece of garbage. She might be the most evil person I have ever seen. She is a spoiled brat. I hope if there is a god she loses her looks at young age. Dave was many things. But he was absolutely loyal to Charla. Charla kissed scott, andon, zak and almost fooled around with keith. She was out and out mean to dave. Dave was never the same after it came out that charla tried to seduce scott. I think it was his breaking point as he realized charla was willing to fool around with anyone but him. Dave played the game well, but he got carried away at the end trying to make scott and holly think he would pick them over tara and kieth. It was a strategy move that backfired big time. The other house guests were hateful losers who all need to get real jobs or at least go to college and learn something. Keith was the man and i am glad he won and he did the right thing. Alex i liked because he did what i would have done if i was there, he tried to fool around with as many girls as he could, even the not so good looking ones. they need love too. Charla everyone wanted to get rid of her so many times. Did she think she would have won without dave. who chose her everytime he could? the body builder girl talking to her was just the excuse charla needed. what a piece of garbage charla is!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

agreed...shes evil.
Old 10-03-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

so how do you really feel sabre?
Old 10-03-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just think its cool that Keith and Tara have remained a couple after the show. They were both on the phone with a local radio morning show here in Detroit yesterday.
Old 10-04-03, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Snowmaker
I just think its cool that Keith and Tara have remained a couple after the show. They were both on the phone with a local radio morning show here in Detroit yesterday.
too bad the producers were so lame, they didn't even pick up on them really. They never really got out of Amy/Zack mode

btw, agreed with sabre's post
Old 10-04-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, what Amy and Zack have is a far more dysfunctional powder keg waiting to happen, so, of course, the producers were going to hype them up, and let the more genuine and stable formation of the hooking up of Tara and Keith be underplayed (especially to keep the audience guessing as to what Keith would do with the other $125,000 check).
Old 04-02-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Paradise Hotel Rewind

this show is currently airing in Australia

Just upto the episode where Keith gets rid of Zack and Amy is going off at him

I'm read ahead so i know Keith and Charla win

Boy i'm glad none of the original won!

So at the end, did Keith crow in Amy and Zack's face that he won ?

or by then were they kinda getting on ?
Old 04-02-04, 07:38 PM

Since ya want to know. It seemed that they still didn't like each other, but in the end, Keith and Tara announce that they are going to treat everyone, including all the morons, to a trip to Vegas. It really showed the character of those people, expecially Keith. He came across great throught the entire show, IMO. He is one of the very few people in all of reality television that I could see myself being a good friend with.

That said, we really don't exactly what any of these people are like...
Old 04-02-04, 08:17 PM
Suspended

Oh god not this show again! It was like being addicted to heroin!

They arent bringing the show back for a 2nd season are they?
Old 04-03-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MJKTool
They arent bringing the show back for a 2nd season are they?
Oh man I hope so!! I'd love to see another season. This show was so horrible but I loved it. I'd really like to see an update on all the characters from that first season.
Old 12-07-07, 04:05 PM

it's back.

I actually watched the first installment of this. It was like Big Brother, but at a beach house on a tropical island - and it was way meaner than BB too.

Much like the new BB in Jan/Feb, I'll be sitting this one out as well.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/p...ary-4-6224.php

MyNetworkTV and Fox Reality Channel have announced that the cable networks' new Paradise Hotel revival will premiere on Monday, February 4 at 9PM ET/PT on MyNetworkTV before a "steamier" TV-MA version of the same episode airs at 1AM ET the same night on Fox Reality Channel.

While Paradise Hotel's Summer 2003 first season on Fox consisted of 32 episodes that aired twice-a-week, the show's upcoming second installment will only consist of 16 episodes that will air once-a-week on Mondays. Original Paradise Hotel host Amanda Byram will reprise her role for the show's second season.

Paradise Hotel 2 will feature a mix of 11 male and female singles living, playing and hooking-up with one another in a secluded resort for the chance to win a cash prize. As in the show's first season, the singles will have to find a partner of the opposite sex to share a room with, and the contestant left without a roommate at the end of each pairing ceremony will have to leave the hotel.

"We are thrilled to have Paradise Hotel 2 on MyNetworkTV," said MyNetworkTV president Greg Meidel. "The series, offering a mix of outrageous guests, remote hideaways and compelling twists, is an exciting addition to our Monday night schedule."

Paradise Hotel's original edition allowed home viewers to become new hotel guests by logging onto the show's Fox website and nominating themselves. Two viewers were then brought in-studio and had to win a game where the hotel's current occupants decided (via satellite) which of the two would be the next new guest, with the studio winner literally leaving immediately after the show and flying to the resort to appear on the next episode as a hotel guest.

While new guests will still be brought in for Paradise Hotel 2, they will be cast by the show's producers and viewers won't be able to nominate themselves for the chance to appear on the show, according to network publicists contacted by Reality TV World.

Information about several other key details of Paradise Hotel 2's format -- including how often eliminations will occur and new guests will arrive as well as the cash amount of the grand prize and how it will be awarded -- was not immediately available from the networks.

"The first season of Paradise Hotel proved to be a ratings bonanza that left viewers wanting more," said Fox Reality Channel president David Lyle. "Our newest original combines the exciting unpredictability of a reality show with the addictiveness of a night time drama. Fans -- old and new -- will love Paradise Hotel 2 as it offers more drama, passion and manipulation than ever before."

Back in 2003, Paradise Hotel's strong summer ratings performance resulted in Fox executives all but formally announcing their intentions to air a Summer 2004 edition of Paradise Hotel. However rather than actually doing so, they instead decided to attempt to capitalize on the format's popularity by leveraging it into a new "never-ending" year-round Forever Eden reality series that flopped and was canceled only seven episodes after its Spring 2005 launch.

Fox later contemplated bringing Paradise Hotel's original format back for another run in the summer of 2005, but eventually decided against it.

MyNetworkTV -- an over-the-air broadcast network that Fox launched last fall after last year's surprise The CW network launch left many former The WB and UPN affiliates (including nearly a dozen Fox-owned stations) homeless -- and Fox Reality Channel, the all-reality digital cable and satellite TV network Fox launched in May 2005, first announced their plans to revive Paradise Hotel back in May.

The Paradise Hotel announcement followed an earlier March announcement in which MyNetworkTV revealed that after seeing its original first-year plan to broadcast American adaptations of foreign telenovelas shows fail to draw viewers, it had decided to stop developing scripted programming of any kind and would instead begin to focus on lower-cost reality television programming.

Paradise Hotel's new revival will be co-produced by Fox Reality and MyNetworkTV, with both the cable/satellite channel and the broadcast network sharing the show's costs.

Mentorn USA, the same production company that produced Paradise Hotel's first season, will return to produce new episodes with Dan Barraclough, Richard Hall and David Leach serving as executive producers.
Old 12-07-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't believe I started this thread. It's something I can never, ever take back.
Old 12-07-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

hopefully someone bumps this right before it starts...
Old 12-07-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk God

I still feel so ashamed that I watched PH from start to finish.

I'm sure I'll feel ashamed again.
Old 12-07-07, 08:30 PM

I feel ashamed I will watch this show and I actually watched all the episodes of "Forever Eden."
Old 12-07-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ahh I loved this show. what a douche Dave was.
Old 12-07-07, 08:40 PM

He might have been a douche Lunatikk but he did win. Sure he won riding on Charla's coat-tails but he did win. It is not like any of the other people were that noble either. That's what made the whole show so viewable.
Old 12-07-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Paradise Hotel was simply the greatest reality show in the history of tv but most of that wasn't due to the goofy format of the show but the particular mix of people/subhumans used. I'm not expecting any sequel to come close to the original. In fact with poor casting I could see this being a bore.
Old 12-08-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No Charla = No sale

This was the only reality show I ever got hooked on and never missed a minute of.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 12-08-07 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-09-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh hell yeah! I loved this show. I still get sucked into watching the re-runs on the reality channel. I keep hoping they'll have new updates on the cast.

I'll definitely tune in to a new season, but I don't expect the magic that was the first to happen again.
Old 12-09-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd probably be embarrassed by the number of posts I have in this thread...
Old 12-10-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

sweet. now bring back love cruise too. Ha ha.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.