Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race (12/18) - Two Hour Series Finale

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will WIN the Amazing Race?
Teri & Ian "Oldest Team" (FF-6, FP-6,11, LP-2,3,10)
29.73%
Flo & Zach (FF-7, FP-7, LP-9)
8.11%
Ken & Gerard "Oh Brother" (FF-1, FP-1,4,5, LP-7)
62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race (12/18) - Two Hour Series Finale

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
I don't like having the cabs at the very end of the race.

All 3 shows had this. Remember the AR 2 when one of the teams faked getting out of the cabs to try and trick the other team following them in their cab ?

The entire race comes down to whomever's cab driver is faster or knows a shortcut.

The finish line should be in walking or running distance of the last clue to eliminate the cabs.

I agree with everything you said..The problem is that they are so freakin tired from running to the last clue..

I don't think you could have them run ANOTHER mile after to a finish line..Somebody would keel over!!
Old 12-19-02, 04:37 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I read somewhere today that Flo and Zach were penalized an hour for getting help rowing the boats and the teams that did the bike were also penalized for getting help. I believe it was an interview with Flo and Zach on FansOfRealityTv.com.
Old 12-19-02, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Really??..So what does that mean??..They can't retunr the money..

Knowing Flo she probably already spent it all on therapy!
Old 12-19-02, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

last night i taped the finale, and got all excited to watch...only to realize my cable went out and i missed about AN HOUR in the middle! argh that sucked.

anyways, im kinda glad now that i know. when i saw flo and zach run around that corner i got sick. honestly i did. never in my life have i been so involved in a tv show and care so much. and never have i ever felt so disturbed and disgusted.

flo is an evil person. she deserves nothing in life, let alone a million dollars. if i ever met her i would slap her silly.

shes a bitch. shes a ho. shes f***** up and i hate her. i dispise her and i hope she gets into a car accident. sorry thats harsh but i cant stand her. shes just a horrible person in every sense of the word.

[/rant]
Old 12-19-02, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by atari2600

shes a bitch. shes a ho. shes f***** up and i hate her. i dispise her and i hope she gets into a car accident. sorry thats harsh but i cant stand her. shes just a horrible person in every sense of the word.

[/rant]
Come on! Tell us how you really feel!

Chris
Old 12-19-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jim
I read somewhere today that Flo and Zach were penalized an hour for getting help rowing the boats and the teams that did the bike were also penalized for getting help. I believe it was an interview with Flo and Zach on FansOfRealityTv.com.

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...&threadid=2964
Old 12-19-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by nny
I have it on tape and you left out the fact that the host said the team members have to get on the bikes.
I don't know what tape you are watching, by my tape clearly has the host only saying, word for word, what I quoted above.
Old 12-19-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Slumbering Fist
Flo actually winning reconfirms by sad belief that there is no divine force or justice in the universe... I mean, what’s the use in trying to live a good life, be level headed, and be fair and kind to your loved ones?... I think I’ll go blow my brains out.
Oh no.. you're wrong. There is justice! Zach wins bookoo bucks for putting up with Flo. Flo, though now with bookoo bucks is HATED by ALL of America. Who could ask for anything more.
Old 12-19-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wanna know something funny (maybe it's already been mentioned)?

Flo is/was a public relations associate.

Last edited by DodgingCars; 12-19-02 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-19-02, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DodgingCars
Wanna know something funny (maybe it's already been mentioned)?

Flo is/was a a public relations associate.

Classic.

I'll go with was.
Old 12-19-02, 06:06 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Cool interviews on that page, but none with heather and eve...
Old 12-19-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn the million dollars, I would have left Flo stranded in the tea cup boat early on and finish the race on my own.
Old 12-19-02, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Argh! I haven't watched the finale yet and I had the Caroline Rhea show on in the background. She said who the winner was before I heard anything about any of them coming on the show otherwise I would've switched channels.

Oh well, I'll watch it anyway. I had a feeling after last week it wasn't going to go the way I wanted. On a positive note, Flo called herself a lunatic and seemed sincere about being grateful for having Zach with her. I still think after their obligations to the show are over he should dump her. Obviously she is never going to think of him as more than a friend, and if she does it's only because they won all that money. He should just take his half and find someone nice.

Teri said she and Ian were closer than ever because if she could survive that anything else that comes along should be easy. I wasn't paying too close of attention, but it was a pretty good interview since Caroline is a fan of the show. She introduced Teri and Ian as the happily married couple
Old 12-20-02, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I finally watched the finale and either Ken and Gerard got screwed by their cab driver that took them to Lincoln Park from the fountain or they took too long to get a cab. I'm guessing the former because my company picnic last Summer was at Lincoln Park and I got lost There goes my hopes of ever being a contestant

I didn't like that it mostly came down to a bunch of cab rides at the end, but it was a heck of a race. They should've made them go to Pike Place Market and find something in there. That place is always packed and it's layed out kinda funny.

I do feel better about Flo and Zach winning now after seeing what he had to put up with in the last two legs, she was worse than ever. It was kind of interesting knowing they were going to win and the whole time thinking, "How the heck are they going to catch up? She's quitting for the third time!" I hope Flo gave Zach a little more than 50%. Even if it's just 10 grand or something, or just buy him some really expensive gift because she owes him big if she ever wants him to speak to her again. The one thing I'll giver her credit for is going down the zip line without any arguement.
Old 12-23-02, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What a wrap-up to another entertaining season! Can't wait for the next season which will air in a couple of months. TAR is tv's best kept secret.

Anyone remember NBC's "Lost"?
Old 12-23-02, 09:27 AM

Originally posted by big whoppa
What a wrap-up to another entertaining season! Can't wait for the next season which will air in a couple of months. TAR is tv's best kept secret.

Yes I remember that show from a couple of years back. I was actually more excited about that show than The Amazing Race as they were both premiering at the same time. But boy was I wrong. The Amazing Race sucked me in right away, while Lost, which had a great premise, never seemed to become exciting. And of course, lack of viewers, was its demise.

But at least we got a great show in Amazing Race, which I see running for many years to come, especially since they are able to go to many places in the world where most of us will never have a chance to go.

And I say keep the Flo's and the Will's and The Team Guido's coming, because it gives us someone to root against and makes the ending that much more exciting.

Chris
Old 12-23-02, 12:33 PM

Flo is/was a public relations associate.
Have you ever met a public relations person? I don't find that the least bit surprising.

I think they need to make the show more of a race...every ep they have some point that bunches the groups back up again so instead of being a race, it becomes more of a...well, i don't know what...it rewards you for not screwing up, as opposed to exceling.
Old 12-23-02, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
Yes I remember that show from a couple of years back. I was actually more excited about that show than The Amazing Race as they were both premiering at the same time. But boy was I wrong. The Amazing Race sucked me in right away, while Lost, which had a great premise, never seemed to become exciting. And of course, lack of viewers, was its demise.

But at least we got a great show in Amazing Race, which I see running for many years to come, especially since they are able to go to many places in the world where most of us will never have a chance to go.

And I say keep the Flo's and the Will's and The Team Guido's coming, because it gives us someone to root against and makes the ending that much more exciting.

Chris
If I recall correctly Lost was only a 3 episode show. 9/11 happened inbetween the shows so it was quite a while between week 2 and 3 (or maybe it was 1 and 2) so it lost whateve momentum it had. The show sucked anyway although I did like the fact that the camera man was part of the team and they had to buy tickets for him.
Old 12-23-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by big whoppa
The show had no chance of discovering an audience. First of all, each "Lost" adventure would only last 2-3 episodes. Secondly, the show premiered just prior to 9/11/2001, then got lost in the scheduling.
Old 01-28-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I just finished this season...

...WOW...Flo...wow...Flo...Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Flo...wow. Zach deserved 10 million for what he endured.

I wish Ken/Gerard and Zach/Flo were the two all-star teams from this season. But John Vito/Jill were a great competitive, likeable team. And Teri/Ian are sure to produce some "Ugly American" fireworks. But nothing nothing the scale of Flo's epic meltdowns. If it weren't for Zach's likeability, Flo would have drug their team down to Weaver Family levels of villainousness.

So that will always be my enduring image of TAR:Season 3...Flo going nuclear in that boat in Vietnam...wow.

So now my quest to watch the early seasons (before All-Stars starts) continues...with Season 2...
Old 01-28-07, 10:42 PM

WOW, more than 4 years later!

Chris
Old 01-28-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
So I just finished this season...

...WOW...Flo...wow...Flo...Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Flo...wow. Zach deserved 10 million for what he endured.

I wish Ken/Gerard and Zach/Flo were the two all-star teams from this season. But John Vito/Jill were a great competitive, likeable team. And Teri/Ian are sure to produce some "Ugly American" fireworks. But nothing nothing the scale of Flo's epic meltdowns. If it weren't for Zach's likeability, Flo would have drug their team down to Weaver Family levels of villainousness.

So that will always be my enduring image of TAR:Season 3...Flo going nuclear in that boat in Vietnam...wow.

So now my quest to watch the early seasons (before All-Stars starts) continues...with Season 2...
Zach had the patience of a saint. There was more than one occasion where if he had said one word they were done. As to All-Stars, I just can't imagine Zach agreeing to drag Flo around the world again. He's already won his money; it's not worth it.