Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race (12/18) - Two Hour Series Finale

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will WIN the Amazing Race?
Teri & Ian "Oldest Team" (FF-6, FP-6,11, LP-2,3,10)
29.73%
Flo & Zach (FF-7, FP-7, LP-9)
8.11%
Ken & Gerard "Oh Brother" (FF-1, FP-1,4,5, LP-7)
62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race (12/18) - Two Hour Series Finale

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great 2 hour finale.
It was anyone's race up until the very end.

I was rooting for Ken & Gerrard but I'm happy Zach won.
Flo is a quitter, she didn't deserve to win.
Zach should get $999,999 and Flo should get $1.
She doesn't deserve any more than that.

I'm really surprised Terri & Ian made it that far.
I thought and hoped they would be eliminated much earlier.
But to their credit they did great.
Ian was much less annoying in Viet Nam.

Gerrard had a couple of funny lines last night.
After they worked together at the travel agency and were in their car headed to the train, first Ken says "I think we have an alliance with Teri & Ian", then Gerrard says "I can't believe we have an alliance with Teri & Ian". His delivery was perfect.

Then when Ken & Gerrard are pulling up in their car and Flo (who arrived first) goes over to thier car and starts complaining about something and Gerrard says "oh please woman it's much too early for your whinning".

Old 12-19-02, 07:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
My wife was so pissed that Flo won that she stormed out of the room.
Old 12-19-02, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it was one of the funniest 2 hours of TV in recent memory.

As much as people hate Flo, the inspirational thing about Zach's win (Flo was pretty much dead weight) is that you really can overcome just about anything if you keep your head in the game and keep calm and collected. Zach was the winner of The Amazing Race. Flo was just part of the obstable course.

In the past TARs, the prize was half a million IIRC (unless I'm thinking of another gameshow).
Old 12-19-02, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Does anyone know whether or not Flo/Zach were penalized for NOT ROWING THEMSELVES across the water.

If not, then I'm thru watching this show.
Old 12-19-02, 08:21 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Does anyone know whether or not Flo/Zach were penalized for NOT ROWING THEMSELVES across the water.
No, and why should they have been? The challenge stated they needed to use the boats to SOMEHOW get to the island. It didn't say anywhere that they had to row themselves.
Old 12-19-02, 08:38 AM

I thought too that they had to row themselves across the water and some penalty might be in order for not doing so, but then again I thought that the other two teams were supposed to pedal the bikes themselves, but both of those teams got mucho assistance to get their bikes to their destinations, so in the end it all balanced out anyway and no team gained an advantage over the other teams by having the locals help them with their tasks.
Old 12-19-02, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This race has become too much about luck. I thought the first 2 seasons, one of the best teams actually won. This year, I did not feel this was the case. If one person can basically drag someones ass along the whole way and they can still win, then the show needs to be revamped.
Old 12-19-02, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
In the past TARs, the prize was half a million IIRC (unless I'm thinking of another gameshow).
The AR prize has always been $1 million.
I have watched every episode of all 3 shows.
Old 12-19-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't like having the cabs at the very end of the race.

All 3 shows had this. Remember the AR 2 when one of the teams faked getting out of the cabs to try and trick the other team following them in their cab ?

The entire race comes down to whomever's cab driver is faster or knows a shortcut.

The finish line should be in walking or running distance of the last clue to eliminate the cabs.
Old 12-19-02, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
No, and why should they have been? The challenge stated they needed to use the boats to SOMEHOW get to the island. It didn't say anywhere that they had to row themselves.
Are you sure? I remember the clue saying "Row Yourself". Can anyone confirm what it said?
Old 12-19-02, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by atlantamoi
Last night when I went to bed I was bitching and moaning about putting on my PJ's to my wife... "But, I don't waaaaaaaaanna!!!". I think the word Flo should be new slang for bitchiness. Yo, this is really Floin'. You got your Flo face on. If you Flo, you gotta go.

Count me in! All I can say is that, if I don't see that Flo ever again, it won't be a moment too soon!

Hey I didn't tape The Morning Show or whatever on CBS. Did the whinning couple appear on there? If so, what did they have to say. How did that Flo look?

Chris aka Smack My Flo Up!
Old 12-19-02, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
My wife was so pissed that Flo won that she stormed out of the room.

Chris
Old 12-19-02, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Are you sure? I remember the clue saying "Row Yourself". Can anyone confirm what it said?
You know, if you want to get techincal, didn't it also say "ride" the bike for the other task? Neither team that did that had both memebers ride the bike, with one memeber of both teams walking the bike with help from the locals.

I call it a wash.
Old 12-19-02, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by SunMonkey
You know, if you want to get techincal, didn't it also say "ride" the bike for the other task? Neither team that did that had both memebers ride the bike, with one memeber of both teams walking the bike with help from the locals.

I call it a wash.
Well, then they should all have been penalized. It's not necessarily a wash. An hour or so penalty for the brothers and Teri and Ian may have allowed them to still make the first train and an hour or so penalty for Flach may have caused them to miss it.
Old 12-19-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Ok, here is task description as told by the host guy (the clues were not read by the racers):

Basket Boats: "Each team member must figue out how to get across this river in one of these basket boats to the route marker on this nearby island."

Basket Bikes: "Each team member chooses a bicycle ladened with dozens of locally made shrimp basket and must figure out how to travel down this street to this route marker a mile a way."
Old 12-19-02, 11:19 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
The 3 teams were on the early show last this morning, and the interviewer on that show is the worst, almost as bad as katie couric trying to interview daniel day lewis.

Nothing much learned from the interview, Flo was horrified by her actions, ian apologised for being an ass to terry but repeated that she was tough
Old 12-19-02, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So was Flo wearing a tight low cut shirt on the Early show?
Old 12-19-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Struz
I don't like having the cabs at the very end of the race.

All 3 shows had this. Remember the AR 2 when one of the teams faked getting out of the cabs to try and trick the other team following them in their cab ?

The entire race comes down to whomever's cab driver is faster or knows a shortcut.

The finish line should be in walking or running distance of the last clue to eliminate the cabs.
if they were smart, what they should do is make the finish line just close enough that to run it would be faster than to take time trying to hail a cab. that would make for an interesting conclusion.

if ken and gerard hadn't stood around waiting for the cab they called, they probably would've won. d'oh!
-di doctor-
Old 12-19-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in533530.shtml

video on the right side
Old 12-19-02, 02:04 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
So was Flo wearing a tight low cut shirt on the Early show?
Nope something that looked like it went throught the shredder though
Old 12-19-02, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Her explanation for her actions (on the Early Show) were something along the lines of:

"I'm only 23. I can change."

Ian says, "no you can't."

Flo:"Yes I can - I don't want to turn out like you"

Of course everyone was talking at the same time, but I swear I heard something like that. Anyone else know?
Old 12-19-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Flo actually winning reconfirms by sad belief that there is no divine force or justice in the universe... I mean, what’s the use in trying to live a good life, be level headed, and be fair and kind to your loved ones?... I think I’ll go blow my brains out.
Old 12-19-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Slumbering Fist
what’s the use in trying to live a good life, be level headed, and be fair and kind to your loved ones?

Zach won, didn't he? It's not his fault she's the way she is. He definitely deserved that win for being level headed, fair, and kind. He just happened to have the worst possible teammate, who doesn't deserve a dime.
Old 12-19-02, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That thing Flo was wearing this morning was hideous! Funny recap by the final 3 teams though.
Old 12-19-02, 04:21 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by SunMonkey
Ok, here is task description as told by the host guy (the clues were not read by the racers):

Basket Boats: "Each team member must figue out how to get across this river in one of these basket boats to the route marker on this nearby island."

Basket Bikes: "Each team member chooses a bicycle ladened with dozens of locally made shrimp basket and must figure out how to travel down this street to this route marker a mile a way."
I have it on tape and you left out the fact that the host said the team members have to get on the bikes. Not only had Terri gotten off the bike, but by the end she was barely touching it.

Of course any debating of this is pointless since we don't have the rulebook they have and the exact wording they got for the challenges could have been different from what we heard.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.