Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio
Old 01-01-24, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
What's New each month on Peacock:
https://www.peacocktv.com/collections/new-on-peacock

Leaving Peacock this month:
https://www.peacocktv.com/collections/leaving-peacock

These lists are updated on the 1st of each month.
Print Wikipost

Peacock -- NBC Universal streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-22, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Re: Peacock -- NBC Universal streaming service

Originally Posted by emachine12
Sheesh. Go look at other services and see if they make money hand over fist. Netflix throws money to prestigious productions and talent every week. Disney is running three services: Disney+, Hulu, and Star/HotStar. HBO Max before the Discovery buyout gave HBO subscribers full access and now offers a plan with ads and less content.
This is true most streaming services are losing money. However with the exception of Netflix where they are only a streaming service,everything else ParamountPlus,Appple+,Hulu,Peacock,Prime,Hbo etc are streamingservices who are just part of a giant media conglomerate. At some point after an X amout of years those giant companies will start to grow impatient if their loses every year continue in the hundred of millions or Billion plus range and they will either slash the budgets and run bare bones or try to team up with another streamer. It's hard to imagine all the big streaming services will exist by the end of the decade If you are guessing which will fold or get absorbed so far Peacock is the best bet when Bel-Air has been it's only original scripted hit since launching almost a year and a half ago.
Old 07-03-22, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
HBO Max before the Discovery buyout gave HBO subscribers full access and now offers a plan with ads and less content.
Just checked and I still have HBO Max through my HBO subscription (via xfinity).

Kind of a nice deal since I also have Peacock because I use xfinity, though right now I just use it to watch old episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, but might check out some of those Chicago shows). The only one I pay for is Discovery+ (ad-free).
Old 07-14-22, 10:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm probably going to restart my subscription to catch up on some of the behind the paywall shows. Maybe when season 2 of We Are Lady Parts is finally released. Just can't justify paying for another service year round.
Old 07-28-22, 11:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.aftvnews.com/1-year-subs...-83-per-month/

1-year subscription to Peacock is on sale for $22 — That’s just $1.83 per month

For a limited time, you can get a 1-Year Peacock Premium subscription for $22. That’s 56% off the regular annual subscription cost of $49.99 and a savings of 63% compared to paying the monthly cost of $4.99. At the discounted price, you’re paying about $1.83 per month. Note that this deal is only for the Peacock Premium plan, which includes limited ads, and not for the Peacock Plus plan, which has no ads. As a reminder, Spectrum cable customers get a free year of Peacock Premium and Xfinity subscribers get Peacock Premium for free, so don’t buy this if you fall into one of those groups. After making the purchase for this deal, you’ll receive an email with a unique code that can be used to redeem your annual subscription. The code will be valid through October 27, if you prefer to buy it now and use it later.
Old 07-28-22, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm still struggling to justify adding Peacock to my streamers...even at the $1.83 per month price. I love these types of deals, though.

There's a small handful of originals that spark interest but nothing screams necessity, as in FOMO.

Old 07-28-22, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
I'm still struggling to justify adding Peacock to my streamers...even at the $1.83 per month price. I love these types of deals, though.

There's a small handful of originals that spark interest but nothing screams necessity, as in FOMO.

You have to know yourself and what you realistically have time to watch. If you only have a select amount of hours of TV time, maybe it’s not fiscally prudent to add something you might not use regularly.
Old 08-03-22, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Days of our Lives is moving to Peacock. All those 60 and 70 year Olds who stay at home and don't stream are going to be pissed.

Old 08-03-22, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Well, that's the end of DAYS. Everyone remember when they tried to move One Life to Live to Hulu? It lasted about four months and was cancelled.

Now, if they were actually willing to do a more adult version (read R-rated or at least PG-13) of DAYS now that it's moving, they might have something - but I doubt that's happening - they're probably looking to cut the budget even more than expand it.
Old 08-03-22, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I don't watch it but that sucks with something you got for free and now have to pay extra for it.
Old 08-03-22, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk God

I saw on Facebook that all the old people probably 50 or older are pretty mad about this move. Most of them probably don't even know what the hell a Roku is or have money in their budget to pay for streaming.

I personally don't care about Days. I kind of watched it when I was in college about 25-26 years ago, but it wasn't something I could continue to watch regularly, so I gave up.
Old 08-03-22, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Now, if they were actually willing to do a more adult version (read R-rated or at least PG-13) of DAYS now that it's moving, they might have something - but I doubt that's happening
Try NC-17.
The following users liked this post:
Shannon Nutt (08-05-22)
Old 08-04-22, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I wish I would have gotten that $22 for a year deal so my Mom could watch Days. Too bad the deal is gone now...
Old 08-09-22, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Just got an email from Peacock saying the Black Phone will be steaming there on 8/12. I'd heard it would show up on the service at some point soon, but this is the first time I'd seen a specific date. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Old 08-09-22, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Just got an email from Peacock saying the Black Phone will be steaming there on 8/12. I'd heard it would show up on the service at some point soon, but this is the first time I'd seen a specific date. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Is it Hot AND Steaming?
Old 08-09-22, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Heh. Guess that was on my mind since at the same time I saw the news, my girlfriend messaged me to say the AC in her car isn't working and it would be a "steamy" drive for our upcoming weekend trip. I was multitasking, looking for a reaction GIF. (Ended up using Kramer saying "it's like a sauna in here".)
Old 08-09-22, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Days of our Lives is moving to Peacock. All those 60 and 70 year Olds who stay at home and don't stream are going to be pissed.

https://twitter.com/TVMoJoe/status/1...GIvGeCQaQ&s=19
Do we know yet that this is definitely going to be behind the paywall at Peacock? My parents watch Days and they watched the spinoffs that were on Peacock without paying.
Old 08-09-22, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk God

No idea. One of the producers of Days said that if it didn't move to Peacock, NBC would have almost certainly cancelled it.
Old 08-09-22, 04:01 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
Do we know yet that this is definitely going to be behind the paywall at Peacock? My parents watch Days and they watched the spinoffs that were on Peacock without paying.
Peacock has three payment tiers: free, $4.99 a month for “Premium,” and $9.99 a month for “Premium Plus.” NBC confirmed to Nexstar that “Days of Our Lives” will only be available those paying $4.99 per month or more – Premium and Premium Plus subscribers.
Old 08-24-22, 10:59 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Fans of NBC’s current-season shows will no longer find them on Hulu as of next month — they’ll be flying over to NBCUniversal’s Peacock.

NBCU announced that starting Sept. 19, Peacock Premium will become the streaming home for next-day access to current seasons of NBC shows the day after they air on the network. The media conglom had clawed back the next-day rights for NBC shows from Disney-controlled Hulu, in which NBCU still owns a one-third stake, earlier this year.

NBC series that will become exclusively available on Peacock include franchises like Dick Wolf’s “Law & Order” trifecta and One Chicago (“Chicago Med,” “Chicago Fire” and “Chicago P.D.”), the network’s late-night lineup including “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” “Late Night With Seth Meyers” and “Saturday Night Live,” returning series such as “La Brea,” “New Amsterdam” and “Young Rock” and competition shows including “The Voice” and “America’s Got Talent.” Also streaming exclusively on Peacock are new series bowing on NBC this fall including a reboot of “Quantum Leap” and “Lopez vs. Lopez.” 

NBCU had already pulled Bravo next-day shows off Hulu earlier this year. Peacock Premium customers already have had next-day access to Bravo series including “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” “Below Deck,” “Top Chef,” “Southern Charm” and “Watch What Happens Live.” This fall, Bravo will air new episodes of “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City,” “The Real Housewives of Potomac,” “Winter House” and “Below Deck Med.”

NBCU also announced a special offer through the month of September: New Peacock Premium customers will be able to sign up for just $1.99 per month or $19.99 for one year.   That’s compared with the regular Peacock Premium pricing of $4.99/month (with ads) or $9.99/month (no ads).

“We are excited to provide Peacock customers with a comprehensive destination for streaming the incredible programming airing on NBC and Bravo all year long,” Kelly Campbell, president of Peacock and NBCUniversal direct-to-consumer, said in a statement.

In the second quarter, Peacock’s paid customer based was flat for at 13 million and Peacock’s overall active accounts dropped by 1 million.

In addition to all next-day programming from NBC and Bravo, Peacock customers have access to more than 70,000 hours of original, current and classic movies and TV shows, as well as live sports, news and events. Titles on the service include fan favorites like “Yellowstone” and “The Office.” New content coming to Peacock this fall includes original series “Last Light,” “Vampire Academy,” “A Friend of the Family,” “The Calling,” “Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin” and “The Best Man: The Final Chapters.”

Movies alighting on Peacock this fall include “Jurassic World: Dominion,” “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” “Honk for Jesus. Save Your Soul.”, “Beast,” Jordan Peele’s “Nope” and “Meet Cute.” Live sports on the streamer includes “Sunday Night Football,” exclusive MLB, Premier League, WWE, IndyCar and Notre Dame football coverage and the FIFA World Cup, and much more.  
https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...lu-1235349343/
Old 08-24-22, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

So you just get the ad version at $20/year or that gives you no ads?
Old 08-24-22, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Peacock Premium has ads. Peacock Premium (wait for it) + doesn't have ads.
Old 08-24-22, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I forget does Peacock Premium have ads during movies too? For instance if I get it and watch Halloween Ends would there be ads?
Old 08-24-22, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I forget does Peacock Premium have ads during movies too? For instance if I get it and watch Halloween Ends would there be ads?
No. Just a promo at the start.
Old 08-25-22, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I have avoided paying for Peacock, but I'm buying the 19.99 for one year deal so my Mom can watch Days of Our Lives when it moves exclusively to Peacock.
Old 08-30-22, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

This seems to be live already. Got an email yesterday.
Not sure if it's valid for everyone or you need the email link.

Monthly $1.99/month for 12 months CODE: September
https://www.peacocktv.com/signin?ret...B%5D=SEPTEMBER

Yearly $19.99 CODE: Oneyear
https://www.peacocktv.com/signin?ret...%5B%5D=ONEYEAR

(Plus $6 cashback from Rakuten)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.