Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Hulu -- News and Notable New additions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-21, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Re: Hulu -- News and Notable New additions

Originally Posted by RichC2
Only Murders started slow for me but by the end was my favorite show of 2021.
On my way home and I only have two more episodes left.
The following users liked this post:
RichC2 (01-01-22)
Old 01-01-22, 04:19 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Yeah, Murders was the best show on Hulu for me for 2021.
Old 01-01-22, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I enjoyed some seasons of Future Man, but you have to enjoy dirty comedy to like it.

I agree that Palm Springs is a good one as well.
Old 01-02-22, 09:47 PM
Banned by request

Re: Beware of Hulu and their shady business practices! - worst streaming service ever

Gee really…??? Yeah, pretty much everyone knows. We’ve had these arguments for years going back to cable. It’ll continue.

I just noticed that Hulu Live now has an ESPN+ channel. I haven’t seen that before. I’m guessing they’ll continue merging the live stuff into the Hulu channels.
John Pannozzi (01-02-22)
Old 01-02-22, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Re: Beware of Hulu and their shady business practices! - worst streaming service ever

Isn’t discovery part of att/Warner media already?
Old 01-02-22, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Isn’t discovery part of att/Warner media already?
No the sale is not finalized until mid 2022.
Old 01-02-22, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I’m enjoying Disney+ due to the Live price increase bundle, I have no interest in signing up for ESPN+.

so it seems like I’m wasting it haha
Old 01-08-22, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I have a question about the Disney Bundle. My Hulu Account is different than my Disney Plus and ESPN Plus accounts. I made the Hulu account back before Disney had full control of Hulu so it has a different password than the ESPN and Disney Plus accounts. I want to subscribe to the bundle. Will I have to just do it under a new email address or is there a way to link all three accounts together? I want to get it via Hulu, because I subscribe to HBO Max via Hulu and I also want to get the Hulu commercial free bundle for $19.99 a month. I tried to contact customer support, but they weren't much help. I'd rather try to link all three so I don't lose my watchlists.
Old 01-17-22, 02:40 PM

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I got in on a Black Friday deal to get Hulu for $1/month for a year. The only thing is, I still haven’t watched anything on it, so definitely not going to keep it going beyond that deal.
Old 01-18-22, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Nightmare Alley will be the first title under a sharing deal between Hulu and HBO Max & HBO. The film will be available to stream February 1st on both Hulu and HBO Max. The King’s Man will be next on February 18th.

Last edited by emachine12; 01-18-22 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-20-22, 12:12 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
Nightmare Alley will be the first title under a sharing deal between Hulu and HBO Max & HBO. The film will be available to stream February 1st on both Hulu and HBO Max. The King’s Man will be next on February 18th.
why are they sharing? aren't they 2 totally different competing streaming services? i mean Hulu has the Disney bundle which is all Marvel and Star Wars. HBO Max is DC and others. aren't they in direct and have been since HM launch competition with one another?
Old 01-20-22, 12:28 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
why are they sharing? aren't they 2 totally different competing streaming services? i mean Hulu has the Disney bundle which is all Marvel and Star Wars. HBO Max is DC and others. aren't they in direct and have been since HM launch competition with one another?
HBO Max will get its hands on Fox’s film slate for one final year — under an unusual deal to share streaming windows with Disney Plus and Hulu for half the studio’s titles, starting with animated family comedy “Ron’s Gone Wrong” next month.

Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution and WarnerMedia amended their current output agreement for films from Fox (renamed 20th Century Studios) on HBO/HBO Max, which runs through the 2022 release year.

It’s a last hurrah for the partnership: The deal is not expected to get renewed, as Disney going forward will keep all 20th Century Studios movies exclusively on its own streaming outlets.

Under the tweaked pact, HBO/HBO Max will share co-exclusive rights with Disney Plus and Hulu to a selection of titles from 20th Century Studios and Searchlight Pictures. HBO/HBO Max will retain pay-one TV window exclusivity on approximately half the slate through 2022.

In addition, Disney agreed to accelerate the start of the pay-one window for the 20th Century Studios films on HBO/HBO Max, while still honoring the previously announced exclusive theatrical windows. WarnerMedia and Disney also have ad-placement rights within select Fox films for their direct-to-consumer services (HBO Max With Ads and Hulu) after an ad-free window.

“Ron’s Gone Wrong” is the first film to be available on both HBO Max and Disney Plus, slated to premiere on both services starting Dec. 15.

In “Ron’s Gone Wrong,” from 20th Century Studios and Locksmith Animation, things go awry when socially awkward middle-schooler Barney (voiced by Jack Dylan Grazer) receives Ron (Zach Galifianakis), a malfunctioning, digitally connected device that’s supposed to be his “best friend out of the box.” The movie is directed by Sarah Smith and Jean-Philippe Vine and co-directed by Octavio E. Rodriguez. Julie Lockhart and Lara Breay produce with executive producers Sarah Smith, Peter Baynham, and Elisabeth Murdoch. The movie is written by Sarah Smith and Peter Baynham with music by Henry Jackman.

In addition to hitting Disney Plus and HBO Max on Dec. 15, “Ron’s Gone Wrong” will be available on Blu-ray and on digital stores including Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video and Vudu with exclusive bonus features.

The 20th Century Studios slate for 2022 includes “Prey,” a new installment in the “Predator” film franchise, featuring an Indigenous woman as its lead — however, that will go straight to Hulu in the summer of 2022 and is not part of the revised output deal with WarnerMedia. Disney hasn’t announced availability of titles from 20th Century Studios on HBO/HBO Max beyond “Ron’s Gone Wrong.”
https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...22-1235117329/
OldBoy (01-20-22)
Old 01-23-22, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’m having app crashing problems now too (last mentioned in October in two other posts, when reviewing this thread).

I have two Fire Cubes and sometimes when the Hulu Live app buffers, it crashes. As others have reported, no other streaming apps crash. Just Hulu.

Frustrating…seems to be coming more of a common problem when reading reports in various forums and Twitter.
Old 01-23-22, 06:35 PM
Banned by request

Ok different platforms? My Roku’s have been running Hulu just fine without any issues.

Last edited by E Unit; 01-23-22 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-23-22, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’ve mostly read reports of Firesticks (and probably the same for Fire Cubes like mine) and Smart TV Hulu apps.

Lots of reports of the Live TV buffering, which leads to the app crash, despite the fast internet speed.

Old 01-23-22, 07:09 PM
Banned by request

Yeah, Hulu never played well in the brief time I used my Fire Cube. Their UI was worse than Roku’s. And since I hated the Amazon UI from the get go, I got rid of the Cube after a few months. It was just glitchy overall.
Old 01-29-22, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I have a question about the Disney Bundle. My Hulu Account is different than my Disney Plus and ESPN Plus accounts. I made the Hulu account back before Disney had full control of Hulu so it has a different password than the ESPN and Disney Plus accounts. I want to subscribe to the bundle. Will I have to just do it under a new email address or is there a way to link all three accounts together? I want to get it via Hulu, because I subscribe to HBO Max via Hulu and I also want to get the Hulu commercial free bundle for $19.99 a month. I tried to contact customer support, but they weren't much help. I'd rather try to link all three so I don't lose my watchlists.
To answer my own question, Disney has simplified this process now. All I had to do was click on links and log into my Disney+ and ESPN+ accounts to link them all together. It was painless. I don't know why it wasn't this easy when I attempted it last year. I now have Hulu (no commericals), Disney+ and ESPN+ for $19.99 a month. I was already pay 12.99 a month for Hulu so I get Disney+ and ESPN+ for only $7 a month more. That's a good deal.
Old 01-29-22, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven’t had any issues with the Hulu app crashing lately on the Fire Cube, so I think it’s just purely isolated to live programming.

Basically, I can start watching a show with DVR delay (start 10 minutes later) and no problems.

I can only see it being a pain when watching live sports.

Old 01-30-22, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now that I've switched to the Disney Bundle, I really like being able to view all the ESPN Plus content on Hulu. I don't have to change apps and I prefer Hulu's user interface over ESPN's.
Old 02-12-22, 12:05 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Bad news for Hulu:

Comcast Finalizing a Deal to Pull NBC Content from Hulu to Stream on Peacock

Comcast is doubling down on positioning Peacock to become a bigger contender in the world of streaming services. The company plans to spend $3 billion on content for Peacock in 2022, twice as much as it spent last year.

Comcast is “finalizing a plan that would drastically change its partnership with Hulu” by pulling NBCUniversal content from Hulu and relocating it to Peacock, according to a report from Wall Street Journal, significantly bolstering the latter’s content library and appeal. When the deal closes, NBC shows like ‘The Voice’ and ‘Saturday Night Live’ would no longer be available the next day on Hulu, but would move exclusively to Peacock.

FULL ARTICLE - https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/comc...am-on-peacock/
Old 02-12-22, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk God

That’s a blow for Hulu. Lots of NBC shows on it.
Old 02-12-22, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

Eh, I think it'll be a blow for NBC too. Looking at my list I think the Chicago shows will be the most missed. I wonder about Blacklist, it drops on Netflix after the season ends.
Old 02-12-22, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Eh, I think it'll be a blow for NBC too. Looking at my list I think the Chicago shows will be the most missed. I wonder about Blacklist, it drops on Netflix after the season ends.
Peacock has the entire back catalog of the Chicago shows. Hulu only had the current season.

and both Peacock and Hulu only has the last 5 episodes of The Blacklist because a different studio makes it.
Old 02-12-22, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Peacock has the entire back catalog of the Chicago shows. Hulu only had the current season.

and both Peacock and Hulu only has the last 5 episodes of The Blacklist because a different studio makes it.
AFAIK, Blacklist isn't on Hulu unless you have Live, and I don't know how Live works, but I assume they don't have any on demand. I have no interest in rewatching them, I currently watch weekly (within a week or 2 depending on backlog) on Hulu. I assume I'll be able to finish This is Us before the change. And I just do Blacklist on Netflix, which is probably my favorite NBC show currently.

I've been telling myself for the past 5 years or more, I need to cut back/cut out TV. I'm considering going around 90% movies, and just finish series I want to follow through to the end. With some bingeing occasionally. This will eliminate around 16 shows.
Old 02-12-22, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah you're right. Blacklist is only on Peacock and the NBC app. It left Hulu a couple of years ago.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.