Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Official WWE Network Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Official WWE Network Thread

That's six months away. They need money now.
Old 10-14-14, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
That's six months away. They need money now.
This. By all accounts the network has been a huge failure, but they've made their choice. They purposely killed off their own ppv market, so it's the network or nothing at this point.
Old 10-15-14, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Jus checked out the Cruiserweight episode of the Monday Night War series. Great episode though they didnt mention Ultimo Dragon whom I think had a huge part to play in the Cruiserweight division.

There was one forced commercial at the beginning of the episode and I never saw another one while I was on the network. It wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be.
Old 10-15-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Commercials before the program won't bother me. They're like trailers in a theater or on a DVD that we have learned to live with since we know our movie will be uninterrupted.
Old 10-16-14, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

When are they going to add more content to the Vault?
Old 10-20-14, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Exactly 9 weeks from now in 9 hours and 9 minutes
Old 10-20-14, 11:20 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
Jus checked out the Cruiserweight episode of the Monday Night War series. Great episode though they didnt mention Ultimo Dragon whom I think had a huge part to play in the Cruiserweight division.
I just watched this. It's a shame they avoided anything related to Benoit. He was the biggest name in the Cruiserweight division. And probably the only Cruiserweight that made the transition to main events in WCW. They even gave him the World Title to try and keep him. And he still left for WWE. How do you leave that out? It's history, you can't just ignore it.
Old 10-21-14, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got around to watching the Ultimate Warrior special... Just lost it at the end. I had no idea it'd hit me that hard. Even my wife, who doesn't follow or care for wrestling, got caught up in it.
Old 10-30-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New pricing:

$9.99 per month.

Everybody is now month-to-month, like Netflix. Cancel anytime.
No more 6-month commitments.
No more higher price for month-to-month (was $12.99).
Old 10-31-14, 10:29 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

If you were on the fence about trying the network, they are giving November for free for new subscribers:

Much like other subscription businesses including Netflix and Hulu Plus, WWE will be offering:

*November For Free: New subscribers will receive WWE Network free of charge for the entire month of November – including Survivor Series on Sunday, Nov. 23.

*New Simplified Price Plan: WWE Network will be available for $9.99 per month with no commitment and the ability to cancel at any time.

New subscribers can begin signing up today, Oct. 31, at 11:00 a.m. ET.

“We are excited to offer new WWE Network subscribers the month of November free to experience all of our live programming, explore thousands of hours of video-on-demand content, and watch Survivor Series, one of our most popular events,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “Our research combined with best practices in digital subscription businesses affirms our belief that a simple, single price plan will help us continue to grow WWE Network’s subscriber base.”
http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/free-i...ontent=4485850
Old 11-01-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My WWE Network expired a month ago and I was able to sign up for the free November offer this morning.

It appears the offer is good for anybody not current, not just completely-new customers.
Old 11-03-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

If you're a regular subscriber, will they still charge you for Nov?
Old 11-07-14, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I just got around to watching the Ultimate Warrior special... Just lost it at the end. I had no idea it'd hit me that hard. Even my wife, who doesn't follow or care for wrestling, got caught up in it.
I just signed up again for the free trial and watched this along with the other couple specials they had on Warrior and it was excellent. They should be showcasing stuff like this as I can't see them putting out something better than the Warrior special. Will check out the Monday Night War stuff next as that seems to have the potential to be good.
Old 11-10-14, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewCrew
Will check out the Monday Night War stuff next as that seems to have the potential to be good.
I think I could only make it through two episodes of "The Monday Night War." It's a quick and easy way to check out some of the highlights of the era, but WWE's revisionist history, especially when it concerns this particular subject, is nausea inducing to say the least.
Old 11-10-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

They've added more ECW to the Vault.
Old 11-10-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I think I could only make it through two episodes of "The Monday Night War." It's a quick and easy way to check out some of the highlights of the era, but WWE's revisionist history, especially when it concerns this particular subject, is nausea inducing to say the least.
Yeah Ive watched all the episodes, and while it is a good production, history is written by the winners.
Old 11-26-14, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a streaming device for my TV and WWE support is a must. Budget is less than $100 so I looking at either a Roku type device or blu-ray player. Do any devices stand out for being exceptionally good or particularly bad when it comes to WWE usage?
Old 11-26-14, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't had any/many issues with it on my Apple TV.
Old 11-26-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I've had real good luck with my Roku 3. I have watched a bunch of the archive stuff, as well as the original shows, and a few pay per views live on it, including the Survivor Series, and I think I have only had it drop back to the menu once. Click to get back onto the stream and it was fine. Beautiful HD picture, perfectly synced with the sound. Couldn't be happier.
However, I watch most of the pay per views at a friends house. He watches on his PS3. We have noticed a good amount of "repeats", where the picture pauses, and the audio loops back a second or two and repeats itself then the picture resumes. I have also noticed after the repeats that the picture is an SD picture. I think it is probably a bandwidth issue, but I do not know what kind of connection he is on.

Thumbs up for the Roku 3 from me. Plus the added bonus of all the other stuff the Roku can do.
Old 11-26-14, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Roku 3 is the top contender now.

I ruled out the Apple TV because I'm completely out of the Apple ecosystem and don't really want to get dragged in. Same with Amazon to a lesser degree because I do have a lot of Amazon Apps and I believe they would work on the FireTV, but I'm not really interested in gaming. I like that the Roku is content agnostic.

My other serious contender is a sub-$100 blu-ray player, which basically means the Sony 3200 or 5200, since WWE doesn't appear to be on this years lower tier Samsung models. I only have 2 HDMI inputs on my TV so this would simplify things, plus those models are on sale this Friday for $50/60 bucks. Roku 3 is $85.
Old 11-26-14, 03:44 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I have both the Roku 3 and AppleTV. I'd say they're both equal in terms of WWE Network quality. I'd recommend the Roku 3 since it has many more options for streaming other wrestling content. Some indy promotions have Roku apps. And if anything new pops up, it'll be on the Roku first since Apple is so stringent on accepting new ATV apps.

If your primary interest is streaming, buy a Roku. Blu-ray players, game consoles and smart TVs have the streaming capability. But they don't do it very well. Whenever I hear someone having problems with streaming, they're almost always using a Blu-ray player, game console or TV. The Rokus do one thing and they do it better than any other device.
Old 11-28-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I decided to go with the Amazon Fire TV after I found out it can sideload XBMC on to it. My biggest issue with the Roku was it's lack of local content support. I have a lot of media on my main PC and some of it is in older formats and I wasn't happy with the solutions I found for Roku devices.
Old 11-28-14, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Works fine on my Roku 1 so the Roku 3 must do it spectacularly.
Old 12-04-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

Works great on my Roku 3. On a side note, without giving away the winners, I recently watched Survivor Series as I missed it live, and I have to say the final match was pure awesome.
Old 12-05-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by shadokitty
Works great on my Roku 3. On a side note, without giving away the winners, I recently watched Survivor Series as I missed it live, and I have to say the final match was pure awesome.
Agreed. Somewhat predictable, but still an enjoyable match. News of at least one of the surprises broke a day or two earlier, but it was still quite impressive and very cool to see.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.