Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Official WWE Network Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-14, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: The Official WWE Network Thread

The first (3) Tuesday Night Titans have been added to the Vault.
Old 08-02-15, 11:43 AM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts

Looks like business is picking up at WWE Network.

WWE’s risky gamble on streaming video is paying off

World Wrestling Entertainment set out last year to completely rework its business model — and maybe change the way people watch sports in the process.

The company launched a bold gambit: Selling subscriptions to an online streaming service for $10 a month, a fraction of the $45 to $60 WWE has traditionally charged for a fight on pay-per-view.

WWE posted loss after loss as the upstart online service, WWE Network, got underway. Its stock tanked.

But the company on Thursday showed signs that the model is working, adding more paid online subscribers than Wall Street expected and turning a second-straight quarterly profit, if a modest one. It now makes more from Web subscribers, which reached 1.2 million during the quarter, than it ever did from pay-per-view, WWE’s chief executive Vince McMahon told investors.

That helped the WWE bring in $5.1 million, or 7 cents a share, in the second quarter, compared with a loss of $14.5 million during the same period last year. Its shares jumped surged 20 percent to $19.80 by Thursday afternoon.

----------------------------------

During the second quarter, WWE also managed to pass a test posed by investors: Would online subscribers drop the service after the WWE’s marquee event, WrestleMania, in March? That would indicate that fans were treating the Web service like a low-cost pay-per-view purchase, not a long-term subscription service, indicating questions about its ability to grow long-term.

About 100,000 subscribers canceled their online subscriptions after the fight, but that was fewer than some analysts had feared.

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/b...ts-paying-off/
Old 12-03-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 977 Likes on 688 Posts

I see that this thread hasn't been very active lately, but I just wanted to chime in and say that WWE is finally starting to put up a lot of the old-school stuff that people have been begging for since the launch of the network. In the last week they've uploaded tons of Crockett, Mid-South, AWA, GWF, Stampede, and Smoky Mountain. The old World Championship Wrestling Saturday night show that was shown regularly on the old 24/7 are pretty much complete from late 85 though 87. The other stuff they've been uploading is much spottier, but it's a great start. Hopefully people are watching and WWE doesn't lose interest in getting all of that old stuff uploaded.
Old 12-05-15, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah-I've been mentioning it in the wrestling thread(sports forum).

That's the number one reason I got the WWE Network. PPV's don't impress me(unless we are talking when they only did 4 a year).

Funny how all of a sudden(after nearly two years of very little old-school stuff) that they are showing more of it. Possibly because of the start up of NWA Classics 24/7(Houston).
Old 04-03-16, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the network is getting worse. I'm trying to watch the HOF now, and it's skipping all over. I was watching Mrs. Warrior's speech and it went back to the beginning. I had the same problem with Roadblock and the NXT Dallas show I tried watching the day after it aired. Has anyone else had problems like this?
Old 04-04-16, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Braddok
I think the network is getting worse. I'm trying to watch the HOF now, and it's skipping all over. I was watching Mrs. Warrior's speech and it went back to the beginning. I had the same problem with Roadblock and the NXT Dallas show I tried watching the day after it aired. Has anyone else had problems like this?
I watch the network regularly, including all of the big shows live, and have only had very minor issues from time to time. Zero issues with NXT Dallas, Hall of Fame, or WrestleMania this week. Not even a drop to SD. In the past I have had a few drops and a glitch here and there, but nothing major like so many people seem to have. Either I've been really lucky, or it's not really the network causing the problems people encounter.
Old 04-04-16, 11:22 AM

I didn't have any problems during the HOF show. I watched all 7 hours of Wrestlemania, and it only buffered once for about 10 seconds. Last year's WM, I had about 7-8 buffering stops. So I think they're doing much better. Also, I thought the video quality looked beautiful. Overall, I was really impressed.
Old 04-04-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I watched the 7-8 hours of WWE network yesterday and the only time i saw a drop in quality was for about 2-3 seconds at the start of the Battle Royale
Old 04-04-16, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Braddok
Weird. I watched the HOF live and noticed none of this. I got one instance where it dropped and had to rebuffer, but it came back and worked perfectly the rest of the event. I have noticed that if you start watching something after it has already started, when the program ends it does weird things to the feed. Meaning, if a show starts at 8 and runs to 11, and you start at 8:30, when the show ends as scheduled (at 11) and you are still watching it (half an hour left), weird shit happens sometimes.
I am on a Roku 3 by the way.
Old 04-04-16, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I didn't have any problems during the HOF show. I watched all 7 hours of Wrestlemania, and it only buffered once for about 10 seconds. Last year's WM, I had about 7-8 buffering stops. So I think they're doing much better. Also, I thought the video quality looked beautiful. Overall, I was really impressed.
Same experience here. I signed up on day 1, and the first several PPVs were almost unwatchable, but things have been getting better and better. This year, I didn't have a single hiccup during WM.
Old 04-04-16, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

I had 4-5 buffering stops during WM, many times when the quality would degrade and become pixelated, and once where it booted me back to the menu without any warning (conveniently right before Shane's dive in the HITC match). This was my first time using the WWE Network and I was streaming on PS3.
Old 04-04-16, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My only problems happen if I try fast-forwarding. Now I just leave it alone and its perfect.
Old 04-04-16, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

The PS3 and PS4 apps kept giving me errors and kicking me out of the PPV. I switched to Apple TV and the only problem I had was the HD feed downgrading. WWE needs to fix the apps for Sony cause they suck.
Old 04-29-16, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like they're starting to crack down on multiple streams for one account.

According to Pwinsider.com, the WWE Network is cracking down on account sharing. Users are reporting an error message “stream limit exceeded” when logging into accounts simultaneously on multiple devices. Here is what they have been receiving…

Here is what the WWE help article is on the issue:

If you see an error that says “STREAM LIMIT EXCEEDED” or “TOO MANY USAGE ATTEMPTS” it means your WWE Network account is in use on another device. WWE Network allows one Network stream per login.

To resolve:

• Log out of all devices

• Log back in to the primary device you are trying to view on

If you have shared your account with friends or family, they may be using WWE Network while you’re trying watch some content. WWE Network allows one Network stream per login.

If you think someone is using your account without your permission:

• Log out of all devices

• Change your WWE Password

• Log back in to the primary device you are trying to view on

– WWE has also updated their terms of service, specifically discussing shared accounts…

Access to WWE Network is subject to approval of your Payment Method information and verification of other information you submit to us or that is otherwise provided to us. Accordingly, if your payment (flat fee or monthly) cannot be processed for any reason, including because your Payment Method is no longer valid, we may terminate your access to the WWE Network immediately. Although your WWE Network subscription is accessible on a number of devices, your use is limited to one (1) WWE Network stream on one (1) device at any given time. IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY OF THE USE RESTRICTIONS IN THESE TERMS, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION. SHARING OF LOGIN INFORMATION, INCLUDING PASSWORDS, IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
Old 04-29-16, 10:50 AM
Banned

That's fucking stupid. So basically everyone has to watch the Network on the same room? Why don't they limit it to IP address instead? That way people who own the account can watch it in the several rooms of the same house.
Old 04-29-16, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
That's fucking stupid. So basically everyone has to watch the Network on the same room? Why don't they limit it to IP address instead? That way people who own the account can watch it in the several rooms of the same house.
Agreed. Don't most other streaming services allow for multiple, within reason, simultaneous logins? If I am watching a pay per view and have to go out for something real quick, I will pull up the network on my phone, and typically leave the network running on my roku, since it is sometimes a pain in the ass to get back to where I left off since their times listed arent accurate until after the PPV is completed. In that instance, I could potentially get that error message and locked out of the account?
Old 04-29-16, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ever since I got a new computer,it has been next too impossible to watch the WWE Network on it or my lap top. So far no problems with my Roku devices. Only if my TV's are tied up watching something else will I attempt too watch it online.
Old 11-15-16, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

For previous subscribers be on the lookout for an email giving you WWE Network for free through January 31, 2017, which includes 4 PPV. I just received the e-mail this morning and thought it was a pretty good deal. It does require a payment method but won't be charged as long as you cancel by February 1, 2017.
Old 11-15-16, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I originally signed up through my primary email address for a couple months, and then some time later I signed up again through a secondary email address so I could get the free month again, but I have kept that subscription current. Think I will cancel and re-sign up with my primary address.
Old 11-18-16, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

THANK YOU!

I totally missed that email!
Old 11-18-16, 11:01 AM

I didn't get that email. Is there a unique link or code on the email? Or can any previous subscriber get the deal?
Old 11-21-16, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I signed up for the deal last week. thanks!
Old 05-10-19, 09:08 PM
Banned

WWE NETWORK ANNOUNCES IT WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT SERVICE ON NUMEROUS OLDER DEVICES

By [email protected] on 2019-05-10 18:37:00
WWE announced the following:WWE sent out the following email saying that certain devices will no longer be able to stream WWE Network as of May 21 due the listed devices not receiving updates anymore:Our goal is always to provide you with the best possible viewing experience on WWE Network. Unfortunately, several device manufacturers have stopped updating the operating system of older products, which may impact your ability to stream high-quality video. As such, the WWE Network app will no longer be available on the devices listed below starting May 21, 2019: • Amazon Fire Tablets

• Apple TV - 3rd Generation and earlier models

• LG - 2016 and earlier models

• PlayStation 3

• Samsung - 2016 and earlier models

• Samsung and Sony Blu-Ray Players

• Sony - non Android TVs

• Windows 10 Desktop

• Xbox 360

You can stream WWE Network on many other supported devices. For a full list, please visit WWE Network Support.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...vices.html?p=1
Old 07-26-19, 09:11 PM
Banned

All those systems in my previous posts no longer have a WWE App after they did a huge interface update last night.
Old 07-27-19, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Figures it would get updated the month after I canceled it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.