The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Old 02-17-14, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think the Pilot Season are free for all, hence the advertisements.
Really? They couldn't identify the prime users and exempt us from the ads? Not worth their effort I guess. Fine. It all factors in come decision time...
Old 02-17-14, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

What's the big deal? It's just 1 ad that plays before the episode starts.

The episode is commercial free otherwise. I watched Bosch the other day and I found nothing bothersome about it.

You have to realize that Amazon isn't making any money off these pilots. If they can get some money from 1 promotional spot to recoup some production costs, so be it.
Old 02-17-14, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
I watched one of the Amazon "pilot season" shows and was treated to an insurance advertisement! WTF!?! I don't expect to pay and still see advertisements. That pisses me off. Now that I check the Amazon home page I see it says "presented by Geico". I'm curious, does Netflix do this with their original programs? What next, ads on blu-rays? Oh wait... PBS already does that.
It's only a matter of time until Netflix and Amazon introduce commercials into their paid video subscriptions. At the moment, neither service wants to become the bad guy first with consumers. This would be a time when collusion might facilitate matters.
Old 02-17-14, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
What's the big deal? It's just 1 ad that plays before the episode starts.
No big deal. One little commercial here... another there... before long it looks like network television! And you get to pay for it all! The connection, the content and all the lovely ads.

Last edited by Easy; 02-17-14 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-18-14, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pilots are not part of the Prime subscription. It's a freebie.

I can certainly see the time when Prime and Netflix, etc., start running ads at the start of a movie/TV episode. I would be OK with that as long as subscription prices stay low and the ads don't start appearing mid-movie/episode. It's precisely why I don't subscribe to Hulu Plus.
Old 02-18-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Amazon is already the bad guy. Look at all the ads they put on Amazon and IMDB and now put IMDB on Amazon product searches.
Old 02-18-14, 10:37 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us (HD) is FREE on Amazon Instant Video. This is a full-length documentary feature going behind-the-scenes on the game's creation and development.

You'll also get a $1 Amazon MP3 Credit for purchasing the video.

Old 02-18-14, 10:50 PM

Teen Wolf: Seasons 1-3 are now available on Amazon Prime.

They're also adding more MGM films.

Prime Instant Video to Be the Exclusive Subscription Streaming Home for MTV’s Teen Wolf

Amazon.com, Inc. today announced a content licensing agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc. (MGM) that will make Prime Instant Video the exclusive online-only subscription home for streaming all past seasons and episodes of the popular MTV series Teen Wolf. This news follows the announcement made in October that Amazon and MGM expanded their content licensing agreement, which included making the epic series Vikings available on Prime Instant Video.

Today’s announcement also brings Prime members a number of beloved MGM films, including Oscar-winning titles The Usual Suspects, Raging Bull and Thelma and Louise, all available for instant streaming on hundreds of compatible devices anytime, anywhere. Additional fan favorites, such as The Terminator, The Silence of the Lambs, Moonstruck and A Fish Called Wanda, will also be available to Prime members later this year as part of the deal.

“Teen Wolf is a dark, edgy show that really resonates with Amazon customers. We’re thrilled to offer all past seasons exclusively to Prime members so they can catch up or re-watch favorite episodes of the hit series at no additional cost,” said Brad Beale, Director of Digital Video Content Acquisition for Amazon. “We’re also excited to add more MGM classic films such as Raging Bull and Thelma and Louise to Prime Instant Video. We know our customers love these great films.”
Old 02-26-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk God

http://m.deadline.com/2014/02/ripper...-of-broadcast/

Ripper Street, which aired in the U.S. on BBC America and cancelled in the UK, was picked up for a 3rd season by Amazon Prime.
Old 02-28-14, 08:05 PM

The Broken Circle Breakdown is now on Amazon Prime.

IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024519/

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eeJg4VA_kkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-06-14, 04:24 PM

They just added a bunch of Fox shows:

Archer (seasons 1-3)
How I Met Your Mother (seasons 1-8)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (seasons 1-8)
Lie To Me (seasons 1-3)
Louie (seasons 1-3)
The Chicago Code
The Glades (seasons 1-3)
The Killing (seasons 1 & 2)
The League (season 1-4)
The Unit (seasons 1-4)

I thought the Chicago Code was a great short lived show. I'm really disappointed that Archer season 4 isn't on Prime yet. I was hoping to catch up with that, Sunny and the League.

Last edited by Rexxriot; 03-08-14 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-06-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Almost all. Of those have been up for months if not longer.
Old 03-06-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
The just added a bunch of Fox shows:

Archer (seasons 1-3)
How I Met Your Mother (seasons 1-8)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (seasons 1-8)
Lie To Me (seasons 1-3)
Louie (seasons 1-3)
The Chicago Code
The Glades (seasons 1-3)
The Killing (seasons 1 & 2)
The League (season 1-4)
The Unit (seasons 1-4)

I thought the Chicago Code was a great short lived show. I'm really disappointed that Archer season 4 isn't on Prime yet. I was hoping to catch up with that, Sunny and the League.
I didn't know these were up--thanks!
Old 03-06-14, 06:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Almost all. Of those have been up for months if not longer.
They've been on Netflix for months but they were just added to Amazon Prime. The deal with Fox was just announced last month. The Americans is an Amazon exclusive so not on netflix.
Old 03-06-14, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Your right I got my topics confused my apologies.
Old 03-06-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm pretty sure that's just for regular Instant Video, not Prime Instant Video.
Old 03-06-14, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Shit, you are correct. And it looks like the FB post is gone now.
Old 03-07-14, 09:10 PM

Orphan Black: Season One

DVDTalk Review - http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/60814...ck-season-one/

'Orphan Black' to stream exclusively on Amazon Instant Video

It’s no secret that the Clone Club is taking over the world, one Tatiana Maslany at a time — and this news only cements that fact. BBC Worldwide North America announced today that it has secured a deal with Amazon.com, Inc., which will allow the retailer to stream the first season (as well as future seasons) of the popular sci-fi series exclusively on Prime Instant Video.

“Prime Instant Video continues to be a great platform for viewers to enjoy our content, and we’re very pleased to make it the exclusive online streaming provider for every season of Orphan Black, starting with season one,” Matt Forde, EVP Sales & Co-Productions for BBC Worldwide North America, stated in a press release. “Temple Street Productions along with Graeme Manson and John Fawcett have created an addictive, edge-of-your-seat series and now is the perfect time for subscribers to get on board and catch up on season one before the series returns to BBC America in April.”

“Orphan Black is exactly the type of smart, suspenseful TV show that our customers love to binge on,” added Brad Beale, Director of Digital Video Content Acquisition for Amazon. “It’s easy to see why Tatiana Maslany was nominated for a Golden Globe for her role in Orphan Black. We’re excited to offer the first and future seasons exclusively to Prime members at no additional cost, continuing our tradition of offering a wide variety of great content we know our customers will enjoy.”

The drama joins a growing list of series currently available exclusively on Amazon, including Downton Abbey, The Americans, Veronica Mars, Justified, Suits, Under the Dome, and more. And with more than a month to go until the second season premiere, there’s more than enough time for interested viewers to check out what all the fuss is about — or for devoted fans to binge-watch the addictive first season as much as their heart desires. (As for those lucky Prime subscribers who don’t have access to BBC America? Your day just got a little bit brighter.)

Orphan Black returns for its second season on April 19 at 9pm EST on BBC America.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/07/or...-amazon-video/

Last edited by TheBigDave; 03-07-14 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-07-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

Oooohhh Orphan Black seems like a good show might have to watch it.
Old 03-07-14, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Oooohhh Orphan Black seems like a good show might have to watch it.
It's a really good show. Short season. Only 10 episodes.

Season 2 premieres next month on BBC America, but Amazon Prime subscribers won't get to see it until sometime in 2015 most likely.
Old 03-07-14, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

What really sucks is that I'm trying to stay away from shows which are currently airing. By the time the next season starts I forgot what happened the previous one Got through Alias, Burn Notice, and Breaking Bad by watching straight from beginning to end. Just got the Smallville set and that'll take about 150 hours to watch so thinking of doing that next I find beginning to end binge-watching to be the most enjoyable way for me to wath TV shows.
Old 03-13-14, 08:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

So now it's official:

http://bgr.com/2014/03/13/amazon-pri...e-increase-99/

Amazon Prime price will increase by 25% next week

Bad news, Amazon customers: the cost of Amazon Prime goes up next week. After batting around the idea of increasing the annual cost of its Prime subscription service by as much as $40, Amazon finally settled on a slightly lower figure. As of next week, Amazon Prime will cost $99 per year instead of $79, CNBC reported.

The company is encouraging customers to sign up for Prime within the next seven days in order to lock in their first year of service at the current $79 rate.

Amazon Prime allows subscribers to access a library of streaming TV shows and movies, and it also affords free 2-day shipping on applicable orders. For current Prime subscribers, it looks like the existing rate of $79 per year will not be grandfathered, and Prime subscriptions will jump to the new $99 rate when it comes time to renew them.
Old 03-13-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

You have through April 19th (or there abouts) to renew at the lower price if you're already a member. But this really shouldn't be a surprise to anybody.
Old 03-13-14, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see any option to renew at a lower price than $99, which is the auto-renew price when my next bill is due.
Old 03-13-14, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, curious where that option is.

I'm okay with the price increase, but would definitely renew now if possible.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.