Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Oh yeah, the price is right and it is functional.
Old 12-29-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the price of the Prime service will go up in 2014. Now I can't seem to find anything to verify that. Anyone know? Heard rumors?
Old 12-29-13, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the price of the Prime service will go up in 2014. Now I can't seem to find anything to verify that. Anyone know? Heard rumors?
There were rumors around the time that the SSS threshold was raised, but it was never confirmed. I don't think I ever saw a link to the rumor either so it could have been invented by anyone.
Old 12-29-13, 05:21 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
There were rumors around the time that the SSS threshold was raised, but it was never confirmed. I don't think I ever saw a link to the rumor either so it could have been invented by anyone.
There was discussion about it on page 6 in "The complaining about Amazon thread":

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum...-thread-6.html

The rumor was started on the Amazon message boards by some troll named "Ask Doctor Feelgood". He was hurling insults at anyone that asked about the source of his info.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/di...x1FFEBGTBYWE7L

There's no legitimate source for that rumor. But even if it was true, I wouldn't mind paying more for the Prime service. It's easily worth twice the price.
Old 12-31-13, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Justified Season 4 added
Old 01-08-14, 09:29 PM

CBS & Amazon Ink Streaming Deal For New Series ‘Extant’ Starring Halle Berry

CBS and Amazon are taking the video-on-demand model they introduced with the Amblin-produced summer series Under The Dome and are applying it to the new summer series from Steven Spielberg’s production company, Extant, which is set to debut on CBS in June.

Like with Under The Dome, Extant, which stars Halle Berry, will have its exclusive subscription home on Amazon Prime Instant Video, with unlimited streaming of all the series’ episodes available four days after their initial broadcast on CBS. Episodes of Extant will also be available for purchase and download exclusively at Amazon Instant Video.

Last summer, Under The Dome became the most-watched scripted summer series in 21 years with 15.06 million viewers on CBS, and its freshman season also was watched by more customers than any other TV season on Prime Instant Video last year. The two companies in September renewed their licensing agreement for the upcoming second season of Under The Dome, which is expected to serve as a companion to Extant, a mystery thriller about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/amaz...or-cbs-extant/
Old 01-09-14, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news...me-1201039809/

All three seasons of Veronica Mars added. Get started now so you'll be caught up once the movie comes out in March.
Old 01-12-14, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw that Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise), Last Stand (Schwarzenegger), and Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunter are now available on Amazon Prime.
Old 01-28-14, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Hannibal season 1 is now available. If you missed it or didn't buy the DVDs/BDs, this is your shot to catch up. Premieres in 1 month on NBC.
Old 01-31-14, 09:25 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
Appears there are more rumors being reported lately. Anything from $20 to $40 increases per year. CNet and Huffingtonpost are two examples of reports.

I dropped Acorn when it went from $29 to $49 and I've stopped much of my impulse buying from Amazon so other than the occasional purchase and Prime streaming on my Roku not much use for me paying additional.

Rick
Old 02-01-14, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Good discussion going on about that very topic in the Store Forum....

Amazon Prime price to possibly increase by $20 to $40
Old 02-06-14, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...t-video&sr=1-1

The Americans (FX) is now available on Amazon Prime. If you have cable and didn't watch season 1 for whatever reason, you have 3 weeks to catch up.
Old 02-06-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great news! Wanted to catch this!
Old 02-07-14, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...t-video&sr=1-1

The Americans (FX) is now available on Amazon Prime. If you have cable and didn't watch season 1 for whatever reason, you have 3 weeks to catch up.
Amazon Prime is also getting a couple other FX shows:

Archer
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
How I Met Your Mother
The League
Louie

Amazon Prime snags 'Archer' and 5 more Fox series, launches ten free pilots

The content arms race between streaming video providers Netflix, Amazon and Hulu shows no signs of slowing down, and here's Amazon's latest assault. The Prime Instant Video service is pushing new, exclusive, original content at the same time it gains access to popular TV shows from a new deal with Fox. The latter arrangement brings FX series The Americans as a streaming exclusive to Amazon, plus archived episodes of The League, Louie, How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Archer on a non-exclusive basis next month. The Americans returns for season two on February 26th, and we're sure the network is hoping viewers will binge on the well-reviewed series in time to start watching then.

Of course, Netflix has shown that exclusive original content is key to growth, and Amazon is repeating its "pilot season" judged by the public to pick new shows. Last time around the process resulted in Alpha House and Betas, and now ten hopefuls -- split among five "primetime" adult options and five kids shows -- are streaming for free. Among them are two hour-long dramas with The After, a show from X-Files creator Chris Carter, and Bosch, a murder-mystery based on the popular detective novels by Michael Connelly that's co-written by The Wire's Eric Overmyer.

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/07/a...-pilot-season/
Old 02-07-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched The After and actually liked it. I votes for that one. It wasn't perfect, but I'm curious about what happens next.
Old 02-08-14, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I caught The After as well and hope it gets picked up. I'm a sucker for disaster films.
Whatever that 'creature' was I'd like to know how it ties everyone together. Markings and Birthdays ... and a naked Arielle Kebbel
Old 02-08-14, 04:59 PM

Anyone have any recommendations for a "costume drama" on Prime streaming?? Yes I know....but I kind of like getting lost in them. I've seen Downton (who hasn't) Cranford, Larkrise to Candleford and a couple others I can;t recall right now. Anything similar (and free, sorry I'm cheap).

Thanks,
Old 02-08-14, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just finished watching Bosch and really liked it. Will be voting yes on that.
The After is good but should be kept to 12-13 episodes. Anything more will seem like padding. Chris Carter I think is enjoying not being on network.
Old 02-09-14, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by rduncan
Anyone have any recommendations for a "costume drama" on Prime streaming?? Yes I know....but I kind of like getting lost in them. I've seen Downton (who hasn't) Cranford, Larkrise to Candleford and a couple others I can;t recall right now. Anything similar (and free, sorry I'm cheap).
Have you watched the two Upstairs, Downstairs series? They have both the original and the remake.

http://www.amazon.com/On-Trial/dp/B004UAKAE2/
http://www.amazon.com/The-Fledgling-HD/dp/B004W1GCVE/

Mr Selfridge was good. Season 2 is currently airing in the UK and should be coming to PBS soon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4Q0A3K/

Bleak House was also good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00406ROD6/
Old 02-10-14, 10:25 AM

Thank you
Old 02-12-14, 12:53 PM

I just noticed that Amazon Prime has about 100+ PaleyFest videos. It's a panel discussion with cast & crew from popular TV shows. Each one runs about 1 hour. Here's some of the most recent ones:

Arrow: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
The Walking Dead: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
The Big Bang Theory: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
American Horror Story: Asylum: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
Once Upon A Time: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST 2013 [HD]
The Newsroom: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
Nashville: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
New Girl: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST [HD]
Old 02-12-14, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Some of the PaleyFest videos are must-sees for fans of the series. They usually make for awesome bonus material on DVDs.
Old 02-17-14, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If there are any Red vs. Blue fans out there , Prime now offers seasons 1-10 ( theyve had 1-5,7 for awhile but 6, 8-10 are recent additions)
Old 02-17-14, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched one of the Amazon "pilot season" shows and was treated to an insurance advertisement! WTF!?! I don't expect to pay and still see advertisements. That pisses me off. Now that I check the Amazon home page I see it says "presented by Geico". I'm curious, does Netflix do this with their original programs? What next, ads on blu-rays? Oh wait... PBS already does that.
Old 02-17-14, 02:39 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I think the Pilot Season are free for all, hence the advertisements.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.