Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-22, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Depends who delivered it.

It's illegal for anyone except for the USPS to put something in a mailbox. So UPS, FedEx, or whoever Amazon has subcontracted their delivery to that isn't the USPS, cannot place packages inside of your mailbox without violating federal law.
I've had Amazon put small packages in my mailbox, even though it's only 50 ft to my porch. I actually appreciated it not getting soaked in the rain.
Old 07-14-22, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
You will probably still receive a bunch of charred items.
I guess this is a good time to buy a hibachi then so I’m ahead of the game.
Old 07-14-22, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Thanks to Prime day, there are a TON of porch-pirates out today, and probably tomorrow.

Keep vigilant!
Old 07-15-22, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Well, ordered the Scooby-Doo Complete Series Blu-ray and along with the outer box being scuffed up, it's pretty obvious this was a returned item as the original sticker holding the flap was cut and replaced with a piece of old tape by the looks of it so I'm guessing this has been sitting in their warehouse of a while. It's too much of a hassle to return (would have to drop it off across town) as the discs inside at least looked pristine (along with the booklet).

Last edited by TheMovieman; 07-15-22 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-16-22, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 432 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Phillips
What a mess. I feel for you. I may end up going through something similar right now. I ordered a patio umbrella. It arrived damaged and I immediately sent it back, requesting a replacement. The replacement arrived, and it was also damaged. I sent it back, this time requesting a refund. It's been a month since they got it back and the return status just finally indicated they received it. Now I have to wait another week or so to see if I get my money back.
I posted that on July 6th. A week later I still hadn't received my refund so I followed up with Amazon customer service. It was pretty painless and the CS rep issued me a refund which showed up on at my bank the same day.
Old 07-16-22, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I posted that on July 6th. A week later I still hadn't received my refund so I followed up with Amazon customer service. It was pretty painless and the CS rep issued me a refund which showed up on at my bank the same day.
It's soooo inconsistent. The last time I returned something to Amazon, I printed the label they provided and dropped it off at the post office. I received an email that my refund had been issued within a few minutes of dropping off the package.

Looking at my account, the refund was issued 3 days before they received the return.

Refund issued
  • $237.23 refund issued on Jun 27, 2021.
  • Return received on: Jun 30, 2021
Old 07-16-22, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I've had that happen as well. Refund was issued not long after I gave it to the UPS guy (had scheduled a pick-up through Amazon).
Old 07-17-22, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Well, ordered the Scooby-Doo Complete Series Blu-ray and along with the outer box being scuffed up, it's pretty obvious this was a returned item as the original sticker holding the flap was cut and replaced with a piece of old tape by the looks of it so I'm guessing this has been sitting in their warehouse of a while. It's too much of a hassle to return (would have to drop it off across town) as the discs inside at least looked pristine (along with the booklet).
I'd check those discs ASAP and make sure they're not defective. Sounds like someone could have bought the set, found a bad disc, sent it back to Amazon, and they taped it up and put back into their inventory.
Old 07-17-22, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 549 Likes on 341 Posts

I bought the BD of the second season Continuum a few years ago from amazon. I made sure it was sold directly from amazon and when I got it in the mail the case was in pieces and was only being held together by the paper artwork. The person who packaged it put it all in a zip lock bag, plastic shards and all and then put it in a bubble mailer.
Old 07-17-22, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by NoLifeDGenerate

Amazon delivery photo

My house is over 1700ft from the road. That's my mailbox. They took the picture looking in from the road. You can't even see halfway down the driveway.
Just want to say: you're very lucky to live so far out in the boonies. Peace and quiet, plenty of space. Man, I'd kill to have a 1700-ft driveway / private road as it seems you're indeed fortunate to have.. Probably not too many mailbox pirates around.

But, yes, I agree with you; they should place package fully inside mailbox, or it it's too damn big to fit fully in the box -- without crushing -- then by jove, drive the extra 1700 ft. up to deliver it to you personally.
Old 07-18-22, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 432 Likes on 252 Posts

I agree. I don't know why people are giving the OP shit about it. When delivery people do stupid stuff like that, is asking for it to be stolen.
Old 07-18-22, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree. I don't know why people are giving the OP shit about it. When delivery people do stupid stuff like that, is asking for it to be stolen.
It is one of those "if it didn't happen to me it either didn't happen or you shouldn't complain about it" things that happens on the internet.
Old 07-18-22, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holy shit, amazon delivered another package to the wrong town. What a fucking surprise.
Old 07-19-22, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'd check those discs ASAP and make sure they're not defective. Sounds like someone could have bought the set, found a bad disc, sent it back to Amazon, and they taped it up and put back into their inventory.
Well, I put in each disc (there are only four), started a few episodes and everything is working. I just assume they sent it back as the outer case was pretty scuffed up.
Old 07-31-22, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I "was" logged in to my account on multiple devices for many Amazon services. Yesterday I was logging in to my Amazon account via my laptop via Edge Browser. I was provided an error message that my account was locked out due to misuse of Amazon's services and that I was supposed to have an email explaining the issue. I never received any such email.

So I called customer service directly. The agent was very helpful and even looked to see if there was any email sent from them to me that maybe they could see from their end. Nope. Nothing. So they submitted a case to get my account unlocked and stated it would be about 24hours.

24+ hours pass and I still cannot access the account not any of the services we paid for or content we "own" nor anything related to my Amazon account (ie comixology). So I called customer service again. Again they verified I was who I said I was. After a long wait on hold they returned to the call saying they had "good news". I expected that meant my account would be unblocked.

Nope. The good news is that the forms were submitted and I should regain access toy account in 48hours or less. I asked why as it had already been 24hours since first contact. They stated it will be that way since today is Sunday and it takes 2 businesses days. As in 24-48 hours M-F only. So even the customer service agent yesterday (Saturday) was mistaken to tell me it would be within 24 hours.

And so far there has been no explanation as to what triggered the account to be locked out. Same account since making the first purchase there over 20 years ago.

Now it is the waiting game with hope we have not lost all the digital content we've accumulated there along with the pre orders we have. Considering I just renewed prime a couple weeks ago I am even less happy. I'd love to push to have either this year's Prime subscription have a these days tacked on the end or a reimbursement for the days where we don't have access. Yet right now I'd just be happy to not lose the account and all that is tied to it.

Fortunately we are not using a Fire device or wed be in even worse shape.

Last edited by b2net; 07-31-22 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-02-22, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Waited the next 48hours so 72+ total so far. Thai time they said by end of the day. And if not, then I can always call back again tomorrow. Really. They still cannot tell me why the account is locked nor the steps to unlock it.
Old 08-02-22, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts

^ Perhaps your terrible experience will convince you to finally cut the Amazon cord. I'm serious. They don't care and can't explain simple things, and haven't been able to do so for a decade now...
Old 08-03-22, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I never received the call nor an email with an explanation. When I had asked what "end of the day" meant I was told 8pm. I asked what time zone and was told 8pm in my time zone.

So after that time I attempted a login and was successful. I immediately changed my password as had been suggested.

The concerning thing is I still do not know what triggered the lockout. I'd really like to know what "misuse" was the trigger of there actually was any. Or was it someone trying to access my account too many times and this was to protect my account.

Seems these things I will never know. I am glad to have the account back and access to all the content to which we've paid.
The following users liked this post:
story (08-03-22)
Old 08-04-22, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Even with Prime, they're saying TWO fucking weeks for something they have in stock, and sold by amazon, not a 3rd party - it's actually an amazon-basics item. Why am I paying for Prime? The Boys?
The following users liked this post:
Shannon Nutt (08-08-22)
Old 08-04-22, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
The concerning thing is I still do not know what triggered the lockout. I'd really like to know what "misuse" was the trigger of there actually was any. Or was it someone trying to access my account too many times and this was to protect my account.
Do you have 2FA enabled for your account? If not, I'd suggest you do so, since there's so much a hacker can do if they get access to an Amazon account.
Old 09-11-22, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This is weird. Looked for Thor Love and Thunder (which comes out in a couple of weeks) on amazon and it's nowhere to be found (other retailers seem to have it up for preorder). And yet, amazon shows you the DVD of Hawkeye, which is a bootleg. WTF is going on with amazon?
Old 09-11-22, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
This is weird. Looked for Thor Love and Thunder (which comes out in a couple of weeks) on amazon and it's nowhere to be found (other retailers seem to have it up for preorder).
It showed up as the first search result for me:

Thor: Love and Thunder Feature 4K UHD https://a.co/d/hnjAId6
Old 09-11-22, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheBang
It showed up as the first search result for me:

Thor: Love and Thunder Feature 4K UHD https://a.co/d/hnjAId6
That link works, but it still won't come up when I do a search for that exact product in the search bar, even under the "movies & TV" section.
Old 09-11-22, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did you try a different browser, or Incognito Mode?
Old 09-11-22, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I searched (firefox) and it came up without issue. First return was streaming, 2nd was 4K, 3rd was DVD, 4th was BR.

You can also just use Google to search for it. Do the title and add amazon. Sometimes that's better than trying to find something on Amazon's site directly.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.