Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 10-31-20, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 171 Likes on 147 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
For the first time ever, an Amazon delivery person threw my packages in the grass at the bottom of the driveway (it was raining, and had been all day). They have always brought them to the door before. So I arrive home to find this at the bottom of my driveway. The larger box was printer paper, so I wasn't happy about that box being soaked and covered in mud. Thankfully, the water stayed out of the box. Had it been there longer, I'm not so sure it would have been.

What's funnier is that THIS is the photo that the Amazon delivery person took that gets posted on your order page. What company is going to want to see this from their employee?! My guess is they just threw them out of the truck - too lazy to get out.

Did you "thumbs down" the photo on the app?
Old 10-31-20, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Did you "thumbs down" the photo on the app?
I sure did.
Old 11-01-20, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Dear amazon, if you are not going to deliver my items by the promised date on the order page perhaps you should just leave that part blank in the future.
Old 11-11-20, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I ordered John Wick 2 and 3 (4K) last Saturday with one-day delivery.

Tracking the package it was north of here on Sunday going to one facility to another one and 99 percent of the time I would then receive it after it left the second facility.

However on route from #1 to #2 it disappeared and was never delivered.

I called and they never gave me a clear answer on what happened.

They said I would get a full refund(I would have rather waited for the package) and I could have sworn they said I could keep the late package if it showed up. However on their web page order it said that it needs to be returned. I no longer drive so that wouldn't be possible if I had to take it to a UPS store or local post office.

Anyone else ever have the same problem?
Old 11-11-20, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post

Tracking the package it was north of here on Sunday going to one facility to another one and 99 percent of the time I would then receive it after it left the second facility.

I called and they never gave me a clear answer on what happened.

They said I would get a full refund(I would have rather waited for the package) and I could have sworn they said I could keep the late package if it showed up. However on their web page order it said that it needs to be returned. I no longer drive so that wouldn't be possible if I had to take it to a UPS store or local post office.

What carrier? USPS I presume with Sunday Delivery. Sine I'm posting this on Wednesday, has there been any tracking updates?

Last edited by rduncan; 11-11-20 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-13-20, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

It was Amazon delivery service.

I got a refund and ordered it again.

I would have likened a better explanation what happened to the first order and how it could have disappeared going from one nearby facility to another one.
Old 11-13-20, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post

I called and they never gave me a clear answer on what happened

For the first time ever I had the same thing happen recently. The Sons of Katie Elder left Atlanta headed to Memphis via an Amazon shipper and never made it. They refunded, said I could keep it should it just show up. It's been 2 months since it shipped and no package yet. At this point, every package I've had from Amazon that's been slow getting from location A to B has been due to an Amazon "shipping partner" but this was the first to have gone missing.
Old 11-16-20, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Normally this time of year I will peruse Amazon for Christmas deals. Maybe even sign up for Prime for one month.

However, Iíve done most of my gift research and purchases at Target (in-store and online).

Amazon is no longer my go-to shopping app. Target app is now my favorite, especially with the Circle rewards and savings.

I still use Amazon Firestick though, so Iím sure they are still getting my data habits somehow haha
The following users liked this post:
rduncan (11-16-20)
Old 11-16-20, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
Normally this time of year I will peruse Amazon for Christmas deals. Maybe even sign up for Prime for one month.

However, Iíve done most of my gift research and purchases at Target (in-store and online).

Amazon is no longer my go-to shopping app. Target app is now my favorite, especially with the Circle rewards and savings.

I still use Amazon Firestick though, so Iím sure they are still getting my data habits somehow haha
Target has made quite an impressive turnaround. I regret not buying their stock.
The following 2 users liked this post by ctyankee:
MLBFan24 (11-17-20), rduncan (11-16-20)
Old 11-19-20, 11:23 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't understand how when I choose the "no rush shipping" I get my packages quicker than when I want the regular Prime shipping. I almost always opt for the "no rush" if I don't need it that quickly so I can get the digital credits (when available). But whenever I need it in a hurry I don't select "no rush" and they wind up taking longer to get those items to me.
Old 11-19-20, 02:36 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 193 Posts

Having a very interesting return issue. I bought some headphones from Amazon (a Warehouse deal, if that makes any difference), and despite being in "like new" condition, one of the speakers wasn't outputting any sound at all. In other words... useless. So I initiated a return, printed off the UPS label, and sent it back. UPS shows it got delivered back to Amazon, but my Amazon order says they're still waiting for it... and that was a week ago. Still nothing a week later. So I contact Amazon, and they say "check with your bank why you didn't get a refund."
WTF.
I explained that my bank has nothing to do with it, because Amazon hasn't even issued a refund yet. Then they changed their tune and said I have to wait longer because it hasn't been 2 weeks. It takes 2 weeks to process a return now? In the past, I'd get refund notifications within minutes of UPS scanning the item when I dropped it off, or worst case, when UPS scanned it as delivered back to Amazon. Maybe being a "warehouse" deal has something to do with it taking longer.

So I guess I have to keep waiting, though I expect nothing to change. I highly doubt the Amazon chat person is in contact in any way with the Amazon return people in Kentucky. More than likely, they lost my return in the shuffle.
Old 11-19-20, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Having a very interesting return issue. I bought some headphones from Amazon (a Warehouse deal, if that makes any difference), and despite being in "like new" condition, one of the speakers wasn't outputting any sound at all. In other words... useless. So I initiated a return, printed off the UPS label, and sent it back. UPS shows it got delivered back to Amazon, but my Amazon order says they're still waiting for it... and that was a week ago. Still nothing a week later. So I contact Amazon, and they say "check with your bank why you didn't get a refund."
WTF.
I explained that my bank has nothing to do with it, because Amazon hasn't even issued a refund yet. Then they changed their tune and said I have to wait longer because it hasn't been 2 weeks. It takes 2 weeks to process a return now? In the past, I'd get refund notifications within minutes of UPS scanning the item when I dropped it off, or worst case, when UPS scanned it as delivered back to Amazon. Maybe being a "warehouse" deal has something to do with it taking longer.

So I guess I have to keep waiting, though I expect nothing to change. I highly doubt the Amazon chat person is in contact in any way with the Amazon return people in Kentucky. More than likely, they lost my return in the shuffle.
I also just had a return take forever to process but it was a replacement. I wasn't waiting for any money back and already had the new item. I shipped it back to them probably a month ago and got the email that the return is complete earlier this week.
Old 11-19-20, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
WTF.

Do a live chat with an Amazon Rep and it usually gets taken care of right away.
Old 11-21-20, 01:09 PM

Does Amazon just print out bogus tracking numbers now if they don't have an item in stock? I ordered a cell phone case about a week ago and all i got was a tracking number that said USPS is awaiting the package from Amazon. Nothing ever happed with it, so I had to contact Amazon and they sai they would reship me another one. So I get another tracking number. According to USPS this tracking number was generated more than two hours before I even contacted Amazon and before they said they would send me another one out. Of course this tracking number says the same thing as the previous one and there's been no movement or receipt of package by USPS.