Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does BigCD have a good rep?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Does BigCD have a good rep?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Lets see... I had my credit card company reverse the charges on Monday, I placed an order for the same items somewhere else on Tuesday and low and behold they ARRIVED TODAY! So if you still insist on sending my order out you will get a big RETURN TO SENDER ON THE PACKAGE. Not honoring my request for a refund was not cool.
Old 02-09-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I repeat my question. How do I know for sure I have an order with you? I have my invoice right here, with an order number, but it doesn't show up anywhere on your site. I'm a litlle afraid that you'll charge my card and not ship anything.

How exactly do I cancel my order?

I have some sympathy for your situation, but at this point, it's been about 3 weeks since I placed my order(22 jan), and I don't even have confirmation that you even got it.

As much as I'd like to be supportive, I really don't feel good about this whole thing.

Robyn Young
Old 02-11-02, 11:36 AM
Suspended

finally got a ton of money...

Finally got a ton of money that was owed to me. Distributor has been paid and things are being worked out.

Order Status page should be updated tomorrow and orders should start going out today.

Thanks.

Mike
Old 02-11-02, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: finally got a ton of money...

Originally posted by Mike BigCD
Finally got a ton of money that was owed to me. Distributor has been paid and things are being worked out.

Order Status page should be updated tomorrow and orders should start going out today.

Thanks.

Mike
Good to hear. I've waited so patiently, how's about making sure order #5482 slips out the door first?
Old 02-11-02, 02:11 PM

Re: finally got a ton of money...

Originally posted by Mike BigCD

Thanks.

Mike
Mike,
Check your online store. There is a problem with your inventory control. It's possible to order 10000 copies of same dvd and I'm pretty sure you don't have some of titles in stock.
Old 02-11-02, 04:08 PM
Suspended

Yeah orders are being sent out....

Anyways regarding that post... You might of found a title that was brought into the store before inventory tracking was implemented. Email me at [email protected] and let me know some more details I can look into thanks for looking out.

I'm sorry everyone I just had problems and I'm working them out best I can. I just don't have 30,000 sitting around to pay upfront for those orders. I'm a small individual business that does not have the perks a larger company would have. I may have to close in a few months but at least now I have half.com on my side vouching for me with my distributor. That should really hold some weight around.

Thanks again for being patient.

Mike
Old 02-12-02, 12:19 PM
Suspended

Order Are Shipping

Old orders are shipping first then the rest of the store orders then the half.com orders. The status page should be updated tomorrow, the store will email you with tracking numbers.

The rock band has some mp3s posted now finally.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/286/radio_holiday.html
Old 02-12-02, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike-

I might not agree with some of the choices you made on your posts in here, but your band sounds pretty good. Good luck with that!
Old 02-12-02, 10:30 PM

BigCD is shut down???

Looks like BigCD has shut down.
Here's the message on their site:
Sorry, BigCD.com is closed. BigCD.com can no longer take orders. We are being forced out of operation for the time being.

Mike- What does this mean for existing orders?

zeek
Old 02-12-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I had made an order at this site, I would have to wonder if funds received for DVD orders were used for other purposes.

Put two and two together folks....
Old 02-13-02, 01:00 AM

Last edited by dvde; 02-14-02 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-13-02, 01:24 AM

Originally posted by Thespian68
If I had made an order at this site, I would have to wonder if funds received for DVD orders were used for other purposes.

Put two and two together folks....
You hit the nail on the head. Good thing I didn't order fromv this site. Hope everyone gets their money back because sure enough it looks like you won't be getting your dvds soon or never. It was alla lie so he could buy some time. Good luck to all!
Old 02-13-02, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I'm giving till the end of the week to get my order from 3 weeks ago and then it's chargeback time. I made sure to use my most customer service friendly card when I ordered.

I'm sure my Credit Card company will be glad to know they helped your band financially because it's thier money you have and not mine.

Last edited by cubanx; 02-13-02 at 06:07 AM.
Old 02-13-02, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. I've been really patient and I've been in support of this guy but after reading that..... I hope these credit card companies can hire some surgeons to remove his foot from his mouth. I've disputed my charge, I'll get my DVD from buy.com - thats right, a ****ing corporation. Are you punk rock?
Old 02-13-02, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what a joke. I hope everyone disputes the charges right now. do not wait since waiting might cause you to miss a deadline to dispute. which is what this guy wanted all along i bet.

i hope Geoff bans him for this mess

Thank goodness I did not end up buying from him.
Old 02-13-02, 02:12 PM

I just contacted the BBB... They have guaranteed that he will not get away with this. I am glad I have a great credit card company, I just got my money back.
Old 02-13-02, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is sad. But Mike, I paid to get my DVD; I was not making a donation to your dreams of becoming a rock star. I waited more than 30 days after my order to dispute the charges. Hopefully your record deal can get you out of any more financing problems you have.
Old 02-13-02, 09:25 PM
Registered

I have posted an official warning in the Bargain forum about this situation. I am SHOCKED and dismayed to read that the owner of BigCD used money from unshipped orders to fun his record label.

If this isn't a misunderstanding, but ideed true, it could be one of the biggest examples of fraud I've seen in a while.

Contact your creditcard company and contest your charges! If it has been more than 30 days, indicate that there's a trail of fraud going on where the owner has even posted to his own site that he's used money from unshipped orders to fund his band label.

Absolutely shocking.

I will of course be banning BigCD from our forum, but will hold off on doing this for a couple days, should this be a massive misunderstanding and he wants to clarify what seems like a deplorable situation.
Old 02-13-02, 09:27 PM
Banned

I hope his band never gets big, ever! I haven't bought anything at BigCd but I feel bad for dvdtalkers who are getting screwed by a moron who dreams of being a rock star(yeah right...) and steals their money.
Old 02-13-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not sure how these types of situations usually play out with respect to jail time, but it sounds like this guy needs to learn a lesson. If any of you have the time or means I would pursue this as far as you can. This guy blatantly ripped people off, lied to them, and kept on ripping more people off who were trusting him. Is this what people think the Internet allows them to do? Steal without consequence? I hope this guy gets what's coming to him.
Old 02-13-02, 11:26 PM

Anyone have this guys real name or band name. I have quite a few connections with some labels and can all but guarantee the band will not get signed. There are hundreds of good unsigned bands, why take a risk with this guy. I will tell them, he will just walk off with their signing bonus.
Old 02-13-02, 11:31 PM
Cool New Member

This sounds like a horrible situation. However, Mike's band "Radio Holiday" pretty much rocks.

Very Husker-Du sounding. That said, IMHO I don't think they'll go mainstream, but I can see them being a darling of college radio.
Old 02-14-02, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While Mike has gone about business the wrong way lately, there is no need to go out of our way to sabotage the rest of his life. He has heeded Geoff's advice by no longer taking additional orders for the time being. It was only a day or two ago that he said he would start sending out orders. It has not been long enough to see if he makes good on his word. Up until a month ago, Bigcd.com had been given pretty much unanimous praise by people on this forum.

It looks like this was a case of someone counting his eggs before they hatched that went horribly wrong. While many of us can dispute the charges with our credit card companies. I would have to imagine Mike should have hit the panic button a while ago. Even though he has made a seemingly failed attempt at running an online retailer, there is no reason to use our connections to make sure his band never gets signed. I also have no desire to see him go to jail as was mentioned in a previous post. We still have yet to see how he goes about resolving this. He has kept us posted on the situation and has been very open - and apparently too open on his label's website.
Old 02-14-02, 12:28 AM

Originally posted by Cornfed
While Mike has gone about business the wrong way lately, there is no need to go out of our way to sabotage the rest of his life. He has heeded Geoff's advice by no longer taking additional orders for the time being. It was only a day or two ago that he said he would start sending out orders. It has not been long enough to see if he makes good on his word. Up until a month ago, Bigcd.com had been given pretty much unanimous praise by people on this forum.

It looks like this was a case of someone counting his eggs before they hatched that went horribly wrong. While many of us can dispute the charges with our credit card companies. I would have to imagine Mike should have hit the panic button a while ago. Even though he has made a seemingly failed attempt at running an online retailer, there is no reason to use our connections to make sure his band never gets signed. I also have no desire to see him go to jail as was mentioned in a previous post. We still have yet to see how he goes about resolving this. He has kept us posted on the situation and has been very open - and apparently too open on his label's website.
Well said.
Old 02-14-02, 12:38 AM

Me thinks this guy might be smoking some of that funny stuff a little too much.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.