Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does BigCD have a good rep?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Does BigCD have a good rep?

Old 02-16-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
OK, BIG MIKE EXPLAINE THIS THEN....

CTW will always be a record label as long as I have some money from some kind of source and a band inspires me to spend it without any real hopes of really getting it back. It's never been about the money just the music and the friends. I am sure the website will be re designed sometime soon, it's been quite neglected over the past few months. I have had to spend a lot of time on BigCD.com and learning how it can grow. Unfortunately I took too much money from bigcd.com and put it into CTW and now I'm experiencing financing problems with the company itself. It's good thing and it's a bad thing. It's good because the Radio Holiday CD was released with this money and that's amazing because it helps the progression of the band and the chance of the band really getting big seem to be quite high. So hell once we get our 5 million dollar advance from some big label I can pay the $10,000 I owe to bigcd.com to get it paid back. The bad thing is right now there are 500 DVDs just sitting there waiting for the homes of the customers who ordered them. I wish I was smarter with proper business and money management, but honestly that really would not be me. Choose either for the final sentence, "Maybe it's time to change" or "Who cares you are punk rock?"

Your own statement tell us what you did, I would love to hear your spin on this.... BTW my CC company is already on you...
Old 02-16-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: updates...

Federal law requires notification to customers if their orders can not be filled withing 30 days. An offer must be made to the customer to allow them to cancel their orders. So Mike claims he hasn't done anything wrong? First of all, he is not responding to customer inquiries (which he admits here). Secondly, he is violation of the law.

From an order confirmation: "Please note we have AUTHORIZED the transaction we have not charged your card. We are now charging the card after we recieve notice of shipping."

However, it is obvious he is not charging the card after notification of shipment, but soon after receiving the order.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/billed.htm

The Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule

This rule covers merchandise you order by mail, telephone, computer and fax. It requires merchants to have a reasonable basis for claiming they can ship an order within a certain time.

Ship Dates

By law, a merchant should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone.

If the merchant doesn't promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days.

The shipment "clock" begins when the merchant receives a "properly completed order." That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account - whether the account is debited at that time or not).

If the merchant doesn't promise a shipping time and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the merchant has an additional 20 days (50 days total) to establish the account and ship the merchandise.

Delays

If the merchant is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you by mail, telephone, or email, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date. The merchant also must give you some way to exercise the cancellation option for free, for example, by supplying a prepaid reply card or staffing a toll-free telephone number.

If you ignore the option notice, and the delay is 30 days or less, it's assumed that you accept the delay and are willing to wait for the merchandise.

If you do not respond - and the delay is more than 30 days - the order must be canceled by the 30th day of the delay period and a full refund issued promptly.

If the merchant can't meet the revised shipping date, it must notify you again by mail, email or telephone and give you a new shipping date or cancel your order and give you a refund.

The order will be canceled and a refund issued promptly unless you indicate by the revised shipping date that you are willing to wait.

If you do not respond at all to the second notice, it's assumed that you are not willing to wait, and a full refund must be issued promptly.

Originally posted by Mike BigCD
<snip>
No complaints to any BBB' FTC, lawyer etc is going to do anything because I have not done anything wrong. In fact I am the only one in this entire chain that really gives a flying **** about your pending orders and that is the god damn truth. Bank doesn't care, Ingram doesn't care unless they are getting paid upfront, Card processor sure doesn't care whatsoever about the 10,000 they extracted from your orders to put up a security shield.

<snip>
Mike
Old 02-16-02, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Why are you reprinting excerpts from my record label page it's completely old anyways. I took that down because I had to update it and make it more professional since we have several major labels talking to my band now.

Know this right now. The more people that complain to credit card companies the less orders will be sent out. So you are actually making less peoples orders sent out by complaining about the delays. They will take a chargeback and tack on a $35 fee and take it out of the security deposit because I have no other funds.

I don't know what you don't understand about this but I can spend any money any way I want to. Who are you to dictate the way I spend my money? BigCD did big business monthly the past few months and the only reason why it can't operate any longer is because of that. The fact that the business was growing is the reason why they are holding my money, which in turn yanked my credit.

ANYONE can start a DVD store for under $2,000 in about a weeks time if you want. You don't need startup capitol as much as you think you do. I could open another one for the same amount and I could most likely do it in less than a week since I know exactly what to do. The only thing I did wrong is choose the shittiest credit card processor who has no problem holding funds for as long as they see fit. I could of put more money back into the company instead of putting out the CD or what have you but either way the card processor was going to be holding money. So it doesnt matter anyways. The two things that are not working here is the Credit Card Processor not releasing funds, and my Credit Line of 50,000 being revoked because of the card processor. There is nothing else in the way of BigCD becoming a great site. Nothing at all. 1. Get Credit back 2. Get new card processor get some capitol to get the orders out that are stuck in there then I'm back in business. Pretty simple actually.

If anyone is thinking about opening a store up know that the corporate powers that be will do anything to put roadblocks in your way so you cannot operate as you wish too.
Old 02-16-02, 01:35 PM

The two things that are not working here is the Credit Card Processor not releasing funds, and my Credit Line of 50,000 being revoked because of the card processor. There is nothing else in the way of BigCD becoming a great site.
Besides you, of course.
Old 02-16-02, 01:45 PM
Suspended

Did you hear what he said Evil Jim no personal attacks. If you want personally attack me then we can take this outside of DvdTalk and I'll be glad to oblige you. Remember with that 55,000 I ebmezzelled from BigCD.com I purchased several automatic weapons and security and body guard services and secured mob ties. Don't screw with me personally.

So anyways maybe you don't see what I am saying here. Credit Cards are charged otherwise NO orders can be sent out. Credit was yanked long time ago so I have to charge cards to get orders sent out. No orders have been sent out because Ingram doesn't really care one way or the other. They suggested I take my money back thats in there some almost 40,000 and close the business.
**** it maybe I should do that. Nobody cares what kind of **** I got to put up with these corporate *******s to try to get yours orders out.
Old 02-16-02, 01:50 PM
Banned

inflammatory comment removed.
- stevevt

PS, The answer is "no."

Last edited by stevevt; 02-16-02 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-16-02, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: updates...

Originally posted by videophile

ROTFLMAO!

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. I used to think the "5.1 surround sound in the bathroom" was the best, but we have a new winner!

-Videophile
5.1 surround sound in the bathroom??? what was that all about?
Old 02-16-02, 02:07 PM

Did you hear what he said Evil Jim no personal attacks. If you want personally attack me then we can take this outside of DvdTalk and I'll be glad to oblige you. Remember with that 55,000 I ebmezzelled from BigCD.com I purchased several automatic weapons and security and body guard services and secured mob ties. Don't screw with me personally.

So anyways maybe you don't see what I am saying here. Credit Cards are charged otherwise NO orders can be sent out. Credit was yanked long time ago so I have to charge cards to get orders sent out. No orders have been sent out because Ingram doesn't really care one way or the other. They suggested I take my money back thats in there some almost 40,000 and close the business.
**** it maybe I should do that. Nobody cares what kind of **** I got to put up with these corporate *******s to try to get yours orders out.
That wasn't a personal attack. I was merely stating, in a few words, that you are the one who screwed yourself. You broke credit card terms and then were surprised that you got in trouble for it. Nobody's falling for it. How old are you? 12 or 13? Where do you get off acting like this, stealing people's money, and threatening people?

Threats of bodily harm are not allowed on this board and are subject to get you banned again. I suggest you appologize.
Old 02-16-02, 02:40 PM
Cool New Member

I know how shitty CardService International can be if you get too successful BUT:
why are you still taking orders if you cannot fulfil past orders?
you have to be professional at all times, even when others are personally attacking you
Old 02-16-02, 03:18 PM

I'm curious Mike that Ingram Ent would give a small company that much credit, which should be net 30. Some of the business that I did inventory control systems for (Mom Pop Video Shops) the most I ever seen from Ingram was about 10K. Credit is a nice thing but you should have good operating funds incase a screw may happen by the credit card processor or bank. That's just good business sense, next you never tell anyone what going behind the scenes to the level you have, and it can be used against you if you become investigated later on.

You should have minimized your losses by shutting down operations when problems first occurred, let the customers who have pending orders what was going on in a limited fashion. It looks like you are in so deep you might not get out of it.

When you piss of a customer you will loose future customers because every pissed of customer will tell at least ten people they know bad things about your business. Don't win the arguments when the customers.

Lastly, advise I give everyone that work with or for me, blaming problems that occur in a project (your business) is a waste of time and energy, spend it finding the solutions to fix the problems. The position you are taking is the same position that others took and they had their business fail. Suck it up and do right by your customers and quit making blame.
Old 02-16-02, 04:03 PM
Suspended

updates

I just got done emailing about 500 form responses out so whoever emailed here will ahve an update.

The limit was not 50, but time and time again they let me go way passed it because I was doing that much business a month.

You are right I should of had capitol reserves but I don't have any money. I never had any money to start it in the first place so maybe that was my big mistake. As far as being open with people how business works I have been always open and honest with people. I hate it when a company will tell you the check is in the mail when it's not. So I tell the truth and theres nothing to hide. On BigCD itself it complete infers that it's a one person operation. I have never hidden that from anyone and all along IE, CSI, know all of this. Both companies are just cracking down now I guess and I'm in the middle neither one of them care about customers at all. My half.com store jumped to 45,000 BI WEEKLY alone on itself. Business exploded limits were reached, money held, credit revoked. That simple really. Although I would like to magically get these orders sent out and my credit restablished there is nothing I can do about it personally.
Old 02-16-02, 04:10 PM
Registered

Ok I am closing this thread. Despite my warnings it's obvious it can't steer clear of personal attacks.

It's only getting into a heated battle where both sides have CLEARLY stated thier position, and now it's beating a dead horse.

Again if you've ordered from BigCD.com and you are unhappy then either cancel your order and inform your credit card company or 'wait it out' and see if this is going to be resolved. If BigCD refuses to cancel your order (which I am told that they have been doing) refer to this sheet by the FTC which gives detailed instructions on what to do:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/billed.htm

Mike, I think you've stated your case about why this mess is this mess and I think the next thing customers will want to hear from you is progress reports and time lines towards a resolution.

- G