Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

RentmyDVD.com Inc. More Feedbacks. Please let us know

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

RentmyDVD.com Inc. More Feedbacks. Please let us know

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-01, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I believe the CSR should have informed you of the proper way to redeem a coupon, I don't think she had a choice but to cancel the account since that is what you asked to have done. I get pissed off at the places that you ask to have your account closed, then they write back asking questions of what the problem is, etc, instead of just closing the damn thing!

I think you should have just asked to have them apply the coupon through email instead of bitching about it and having them close your account. I'm sure they would have complied.
Old 12-27-01, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet Another Good Point

That is a good point as well.. However I have had some who cares answers from RMDVD before as well. I have complained that I am not getting any new release titles and they have said so what your still getting movies right? So that tells me... What matters most Quantity over Quality.. I want to be pleased not put through a factory. Does anyone agree to this?
Old 12-27-01, 03:26 PM

I don't get why Cheap is so upset either... He asked for his account to be canceled and that's exactly what was done. If he wanted help, shouldn't he have just straight-forward asked for it?

And fwiw, I'm a current subscriber of NetFlix, not RMDVD. Out of kicks, I compared ~100 new/old movies (yeah I'm bored) in my queue. While 12 of those were missing at RMDVD, even counting those, RMDVD had 45% out of stock, compared with 70% over at NetFlix. So it looks like they're both bad, just that one is a little less worse than the other.
Old 12-27-01, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by orange
I don't get why Cheap is so upset either... He asked for his account to be canceled and that's exactly what was done. If he wanted help, shouldn't he have just straight-forward asked for it?

And fwiw, I'm a current subscriber of NetFlix, not RMDVD. Out of kicks, I compared ~100 new/old movies (yeah I'm bored) in my queue. While 12 of those were missing at RMDVD, even counting those, RMDVD had 45% out of stock, compared with 70% over at NetFlix. So it looks like they're both bad, just that one is a little less worse than the other.
Agreed. It is apparent from all the debating that goes on in this forum about RMDVD and Netflix that both companies have a problems and that online renting is a work in progress. Everyone pisses and moans about Blockbuster being so terrible and then as soon as they don't get a new release from one of these services they go and rip 'em apart. There was a statment earlier about how it appeared that quanity was more important than quality. As far as I can tell, the goal of most people using these services is to maximize the number of discs they get for their money. So whether it is ten older titles or ten newer titles you are still getting ten titles. Granted if you don't get a new release for a couple of months then I may start complaining, but if it was new releases you were after why did you leave Blockbuster in the first place?
Old 12-27-01, 07:04 PM

Re: Sterling customer service - not...

Ok.. Ok.. What about this?

Originally posted by ossario30
I sent the following out a few days ago:

I must say that I am getting a little discouraged with the availability of films. I have thirty films on my wishlist - but only 1/3 of those are currently available. It's not like they are mostly older releases - the hardest films to get are new releases. I hope something changes in the near future or I will need to cancel my account.

And this is what I got back:

Thank you for taking the time to explain your Wish List situation and for expressing your concern regarding our inventory (or lack thereof). I apologize for the fact that your List is looking the way it is and I wish that I could give you a better answer than "we are working with our distributors;" however, the fact is that we are doing our best to keep our customers watching movies.

I will say, though, that while your Wish List may look bleak from time to time, the important thing is that DVDs are being shipped to you and you are watching DVDs from your list. It is important to note that inventory fluctuates greatly each day as items come in and go out; please let us know if there is ever a time when you notice that nothing is available for shipment when you actually have an opening for a movie.

We will do our best to make sure you get the movies that you want to watch.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

-----

Well the wishlist still looks "bleak" to say the least. Looks like there is no chance of getting practically anything that has been released in the last month plus.

75% of my list is not available - but that's apparently ok because I have six items on my list that could actually ship.

Guys.. I think my point is, I am looking for great customer service. I don't think that the CSR's over at RMDVD aren't that great. Does anyone have any ideas as to who would be better. I have done both, and I haven't had good luck with either. I am currently with RMDVD, and I busted my account down to Level A, since all my titles are almost new releases, I can't get anything. I would say that now about 89% of my wish list is in High Demand... I think it may be time to go to BB.
Old 12-27-01, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It sounds like many of you were able to (correctly) adjust your expectations about what an online rental store can do. They can't do everything but you do wind up getting a great quantity of films. I usually end up getting about 2 per week. (Would love it if it were three per week but that doesn't look like it's happening.) So, at that rate I'm still saving money vs going to Blockbuster or my local video store. Plus, I don't have to make the long hike to return the film so I don't get caught with the late fees. And yeah, it's kinda of a bummer when you don't get the #1 film you want. But the films eventually make their way to ya.

Not a perfect system but better than the alternatives.

(This doesn't mean I don't have my frustrations with the company. But they're new and working out some of the kinks and they don't assume the worse when disks are lost in the mail. (Why disks get lost in the mail, I'll never know. It doesn't happen with my regular mail.)

Last edited by Kube; 12-28-01 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-30-01, 12:14 AM

It's Over!

Lets just say it's over for me and Rent My DVD.

I signed up with netflix and built my queue, and guess what.. Everything that was in my RMDVD queue was available. How about that. I don't think that the fact they are shipping disc's to me and not the discs on the top of my list is acceptable.. End of Story.

I hope everyone who is "settling" for second rate customer service and the fact they have to wait 3-4 months before they get a new release is happy.

This will be my last post in this forum.. As I have washed my hands of RMDVD. If someone decides to bash my opinion so be it. See you in the Netflix Forums...
Old 01-02-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
just to make a point here, but just because a title is listed as "High Demand" doesn't mean it won't ship to you. I had Jurassic Park 3 ship last week even though it was listed as "high demand"
Old 01-02-02, 05:23 PM

Huh?

Sorry to say but you must be lucky or something.. I don't know about you but I don't want to pay for "The luck of the Draw"

Sorry
Old 01-02-02, 10:26 PM

Around half of the titles that I've had shipped to me in the last month were listed as High Demand. Netflix seems to maintain a better stock, but I've had titles that were supposedly in stock not ship out. Neither merchant is perfect, but so far RMDVD seems to be the best value if you don't need a specific title immediately. My only complaint so far has been shipping time. Hopefully one of them will open a distribution center near LA sometime soon.
Old 01-02-02, 11:57 PM

Well.. Ummm....

Well.. I hate to break it to ya.. In recent letters to and from RMDVD before I canceled.. They informed me that all of the future construction on distribution centers are on hold. Once again.. sorry for the bad news.. Looks like shipping time will be the same for a while. Netflix is getting my movies to me in 2 days. Can't beat that with a stick.. RMDVD used to take 5 days. I am so very happy with the selection of movies and the service so far with Netflix. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-03-02, 12:42 AM

Yep, noticed that they were on hold in the previous post by RMDInc. Hopefully they or Netflix will get a dist center somewhere other than the east/west coasts. My RMDVD rentals currently take 2-5 days, averaging around 3. My Netflix rentals so far have taken 4-5 days. The times aren't that bad considering how far they have to travel, mid south/mid west centers would definitely speed things up for a lot of people though.
Old 01-03-02, 10:49 AM

Thanks

Hey Jpalm.. Thanks for the bashing.. Your so very nice to do that. I guess it makes you a bigger person to do so.
Old 01-03-02, 10:56 AM

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by JesterSlack
Hey Jpalm.. Thanks for the bashing.. Your so very nice to do that. I guess it makes you a bigger person to do so.
I was just trying to state the point that this thread was set up for constructive criticism to help make all of our experiences at RMDVD better, not to continually berate the company for problems we are already aware of.

Edited: To remove my previous post that was more negative than constructive.

Last edited by joe liquor; 01-03-02 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-03-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everybody,

Let's try to make sure that our constructive criticism -- when it comes to other forum members -- is more constructive than critical.

If you are going to question someone's motives (or style, or anything about them, really), please keep the following in mind:

1) think twice about doing it at all
2) be diplomatic
3) see 1)

Please (Please!) note that this goes not only for the "first strike," but also for any ensuing "counter-strike."

I'm leaving this thread open for now. Further off-topic bickering/attacking will be met with the closure of this thread and potential suspension of posting privileges for the offending member(s).

As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me.

-stevevt
Old 01-05-02, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Well, happy customer here.

I signed on about 3 hours ago, went to do some errands, and the movies are already being shipped.

(When it shows up on order and it says "RENT" that means they shipped right?).

Out of my first 18 picks, only 4 were not available, and they are titles I wasn't dying to see such as The Fast and the Furious, Pearl Harbor, Josie and the Pussycats, and Blow (just want to see what the big deal is all about).

I went for the 1 year membership for $172. (4 DVDs at a time... that way I can have 2 on hand at all times and two being shipped, or try to do the one a day... watch, return, watch, return, that's 3 DVDs in the mail, so hopefully by the time I return the 4th DVD, the replacement for the 1st is already on the way).

How far from Las Vegas is San Francisco?

For all those who complain about availability, how about posting the titles of the unavailable items? (and as someone mentioned the four that are not available in my Wish List are listed as high demand which do not necessarily mean that they are not available).

Last edited by GatorDeb; 01-05-02 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-07-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just thought of a great idea...people always complain that the new releases are gone while rental companies wish that their "older" releases.

On their web site, RMD might want to post a list of obscure customer suggestions of films that they have in stock.
Old 01-09-02, 12:44 PM

I noticed that they recently changed the system so that when you are browsing/searching under a specific keyword/actor/etc., ALL the titles are given a "RENT IT" button, a designation which previously was made exclusive for readily available titles. Now there is no indication on a disc's availability when browsing in such a manner. Do they really think that this would effectively mask the fact that over 80% of their inventory is almost never available? We know better than that, Rentmydvd. What you have done in actuality is waste your customers' time by playing guessing games. Please restore the system back to the way it was.
Old 01-09-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
It's a little aggravating ("deceptive" seems too strong a word), -however, if you sign in, the "rent its" change to "outs" if that's the case...
Old 01-14-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have we killed this thread? No Matt.....
Old 01-15-02, 11:14 AM
Cool New Member

Rentals

I still belong to Netflix though I was close to cancelling with one week mailing times after the holidays. During the same period one DVDOvernight took 11 days from NY. But last two DVDs from Netflix arrived in 3 days. I haven't rented anything lately from RentmyDVD because they didn't have movies I was looking for and are a little bit more expensive than DVDOvernight.
Old 01-24-02, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone having severe out of stock problems on their wishlist? Over the past few weeks, there have been several occasions where I'll return a movie and not get anything sent out since my entire wishlist is out of stock. Today for example I had 2 movies returned, yet only 1 shipped out since there was nothing else in stock.

I currently have 33 movies on my wish list (not counting coming soons) and looking right now they are all "High Demand" (out of stock). Sometimes I'll look around noon after they've processed the returns for the day and maybe 4 or 5 will be in stock (and then be gone later after they process the outgoing dvds).

Earlier in the thread Matt talked about balancing demand vs. stock to make sure they don't have anything sitting around not being rented while also making sure wish lists were being served. Its apparent that the tide has turned to lack of stock on many titles. I honestly believe a lot of titles aren't even carried by RMD yet they let you try to rent them - at least 3 titles on my wishlist have been on it for 6 months now and I've never seen them available.
Old 01-25-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Jeraden
Anyone having severe out of stock problems on their wishlist? Over the past few weeks, there have been several occasions where I'll return a movie and not get anything sent out since my entire wishlist is out of stock. Today for example I had 2 movies returned, yet only 1 shipped out since there was nothing else in stock.

I currently have 33 movies on my wish list (not counting coming soons) and looking right now they are all "High Demand" (out of stock). Sometimes I'll look around noon after they've processed the returns for the day and maybe 4 or 5 will be in stock (and then be gone later after they process the outgoing dvds).

Earlier in the thread Matt talked about balancing demand vs. stock to make sure they don't have anything sitting around not being rented while also making sure wish lists were being served. Its apparent that the tide has turned to lack of stock on many titles. I honestly believe a lot of titles aren't even carried by RMD yet they let you try to rent them - at least 3 titles on my wishlist have been on it for 6 months now and I've never seen them available.
Of the 50 on my wishlist, 15 are listed as available. I have a decent mix of recent releases and movies from the last 10 years or so.

I also find it discouraging that we haven't heard from Matt in weeks....
Old 01-28-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This morning I had 6 out of 50 titles avaliable on my wish list.

From what I've noticed Matt appears to be evading this forum. At which he was adamanet about being a voice who would be here for the customer and would post often. I left rentmydvd.com in October. For all the reasons why I stated before. New releases out of stock and lack or readily available titles. But then I came back with the 40% off coupon for a year. So I'm locked into this for a year. My complaint level won't be as high as before due to the savings that I'm seeing. But I will tell you this loading up my wishlist with 50 titles and seeing only 6 available titles is very distraughtful. Especially when Matt stated on this board awhile back that stock has improved. To which I don't agree one bit if anything it was an outright overstatement or at the time the membership was low. But I can tell you that he will use his tired old saying. Aren't you getting movies at which at this point I am but there not always the ones I want. New releases are harder to come by than a food scraping at a table with Fat Albert and thats after you push Dom Deluise aside and right before you kick Professor Klump out of the way in route to running around Neil Carter.

But I believe if things continue and people don't get items shipped to them for a certain periods of time and if they feel that rentmydvd.com is filling their their need for rentals they will either quit or file for failure to provide sufficient services.

One last jab their pages at times seem to be outdated especially the new release page and their site is slower than slow.
Old 01-28-02, 11:22 PM
nntu

Is there a way to cancel online?

Or do I have to call them?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.