Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

RentmyDVD.com Inc. More Feedbacks. Please let us know

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

RentmyDVD.com Inc. More Feedbacks. Please let us know

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-02, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was tempted to go back to RMD after seeing the savings using the gift certificates, but nothing I have read here would make me go back. It sounds like availability of all kinds of titles is as bad as ever. And of course as others have noted, Matt is no longer posting here.

Oh well......
Old 01-31-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Only a whopping 4 out of 50 titles are available in my wishlist. This is very unfortunate.
Old 01-31-02, 07:27 PM

Unfortunate?! That is ridiculous! I quit a few months ago because very little was available. It has obviously gotten far worse since I left. I check the forum from time to time to see if things have improved enough to consider returning. Obviously they have not. I went back to Blockbuster and despite it's faults there is always more than enough to choose from, including all of the current hits. I would guess from the current situation being reported here and the disappearance of the company spokesman that there is no turnaround in the offing.
Old 02-01-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I emailed customer service Thursday AM, asking if Matt was even still around (I suspect he is not). Haven't heard anything back. Going back to Netflix after the Olympics if it doesn't get any better.....
Old 02-02-02, 12:36 PM

You actually have 4 available out of a full wishlist? I envy you, you lucky bum; I only have 2.
Old 02-02-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Turin Turambar hey I'm still beating you as of today I have 3 out of 50 available. Sad but true
Old 02-02-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1 out of 35.

$$
Old 02-02-02, 04:06 PM

Matt always said they had a lot of trouble with breakage. Looks like their entire inventory is down to a total of about 10 DVD's.
Old 02-02-02, 10:33 PM

Bad Luck

Looks like they are having bad luck. I wonder if RMDVDInc will ever post a reply to any of these ??
Old 02-04-02, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Bad Luck

Originally posted by JesterSlack
Looks like they are having bad luck. I wonder if RMDVDInc will ever post a reply to any of these ??
Well, FWIW, Matt does still work at RMD. He didn't really indicate if he'd be back to the forum or not. Maybe we can all email customer support and ask?
Old 02-06-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I shipped back 2 DVD's last Wednesday night and they still haven't been checked in. One can only mark 1 day in their order history
Old 02-06-02, 03:58 PM

This is copied from a reply I made in another thread:I started online renting about two years ago with Netflix. I dropped them when they went from 4 out at a time to 3 out (at $20). I also found they weren't good at keeping titles in stock. My tastes run from eclectic to new release; so it wasn't just that I was looking for the hot new titles.

I then began with Rentmydvd about 10 months ago and was happy for a few months, but then again came the no title in stock problem. I wrote them about this 3 times, only to see it get worse.

I switched back to Netflix this month and every title, but one, that was N/A from Rentmydvd they had. I hope that this situation continues because I hate renting from video stores. Being able to buy at at great prices (thanks to this web site's info) and renting titles online that I don't want to own, is pure heaven for me.

You've got to be a dummy to stand in line to rent from a video store. IMHO of course!
Old 02-09-02, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by sm8680
I shipped back 2 DVD's last Wednesday night and they still haven't been checked in. One can only mark 1 day in their order history
Yes. Checking in seems to be taking much longer than even a week ago. What is the deal?
Old 02-09-02, 10:56 PM

I mailed 2 back on monday and they still haven't "received" them, its now saturday night. They usually take 2 days. The longest it has ever taken is 3 days. Anyone having similar problems??

jay
Old 02-09-02, 11:57 PM

Promises Promises

Well.. I promised myself that I wouldn't post anymore to this thread but I can't help but give guidance.

Timeline with me if you will.

A year ago last September:

I joined Netflix, to my enjoyment they had every single new release out there, and hard to find films. Shipping times were 2-4 days, and returns got it so fast.. Same amount of time. When movies were checked in the new ones were shipped out with no problems.

November/October:

Got an email from the founder telling me they were going to raise the price of the 4 out at a time rental.

December:

Got another email saying they were going to charge sales tax even thought they don't have a disty in my area.

Jan/Feb/March:

Rentals started to take forever to get checked in. New movies would be in OUT status for weeks at a time.

Movies were on Released to ship status for 4-5 days. This was very unacceptable so I canceled.

March/Apr:

Joined with RMDVD. What a great service. Always shipping out movies, never late.. great shipping times. This company was new promising more disty plants.

May/June/July:

Same trend. New Company, great service at first. Now I started to see the long hold times for new movies. Took forever to check movies back in.

August/September:

Started to research Netflix again. After thinking they were going to go under for the lack of movies that they had available and the service they were giving. I found to my happiness that they had found an investor, and got their feet back on the ground. Got rid of the "already mailed back" button.

NOW:

Extremely happy with the way that Netflix has their operation going right now. 2-4 days for new movies. And I have maybe 1 or 2 on "Short Wait" status out of a 98 Rental Queue.

Moral of the story:

If RMDVD can stick it out or find an investor to get the other disty centers up and running. I predict a very nice WAR between The two.

This is just my story.. There may or may not be others.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.
Old 02-10-02, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by jason978
I mailed 2 back on monday and they still haven't "received" them, its now saturday night. They usually take 2 days. The longest it has ever taken is 3 days. Anyone having similar problems??

jay
Yep. Exactly the same. Mailed 2 on Monday morning and haven't been checked in. Something is very wrong at RMD or the post is extremely slow.
Old 02-11-02, 04:28 PM

I never realized that selecting titles to rent could be such arduous work. I have 47 titles in my queue, none of which are currently available (nor do they look to be in the foreseeable future) and it seems like I am spending a good half an hour per night combing through their intentionally confusing system looking for titles that are both available and worthwhile-viewing, a task that is getting increasingly difficult as such titles get scarcer and scarcer, and only about 6% of the listed titles are available but to make matters worse they are totally indistinguishable from the unavailable until they are placed into your queue. But being that I have a lifetime ban from Netflix for alleged "rental theft" of which I got mouth-frothingly indignation just thinking about (the supposed 9 titles snatched during a 13-month long patronage were actually lost in the unreliable postal system; I was charged full MSRP for each one, and was threatened court action if I did not make the payment), there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative for me. On the bright side, RendmyDVD's brief shipping times have always been a pleasant surprise, until the past week, that is.

Last edited by Turin Turambar; 02-11-02 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-12-02, 02:18 PM

I am having the same problems as jason978 and rs77. I sent my dvds back over a week ago and they still are not checked in. Usually, they receive my dvds within 2 days. I canceled my account because of the service. But I am worried that, because 3 dvds are still not checked in, I might be charged late fees.

Is anybody else having the same problems? Does anybody know what internal problems they are having?

I don't think there has been any activity there in over a week. Plus, they haven't responded to my email. They are hurting themselves with their unprofessionalism.
Old 02-12-02, 05:53 PM

I think RMDVD has left the building!

Netflix anyone?
Old 02-12-02, 10:54 PM

They have now checked in both DVD's and sent out 2 new ones. I sent them an email, I pasted the question and their answer:

Question
I mailed 2 DVDs back on monday feb. 4, its now feb. 10 and you still don't have them checked in. It is NOT possible that you have not received them. It takes 2 days to go from MA to NJ, 3 at the very most. The movies are rat race and scary movie 2. What's going on??? Thank you for your promt response.

Jason

Answer
Thank you for your email. I apologize for the delay in processing your returns. Unfortunately, there was a problem with some of the envelopes and it delayed the return process for our New Jersey office. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. I have released the next item on your Wish List to be sent out to you. Again, I apologize that this has happened and if you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards,
Jennifer Latka
Old 02-13-02, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by jason978

Answer
Thank you for your email. I apologize for the delay in processing your returns. Unfortunately, there was a problem with some of the envelopes and it delayed the return process for our New Jersey office. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. I have released the next item on your Wish List to be sent out to you. Again, I apologize that this has happened and if you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Heh. Mine were finally checked in too. The return envelope I received recently has the preprinted bar code crossed out with black marker. Hopefully now, things will get back to the way they were.
Old 02-13-02, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've had the same problems as everyone else. Only 2 out of 32 titles on my wish list are available. It's been like this the last 4 months or so. When I first switched over from Netflix, Rent My DVD was great but it's done nothing but get worse. In the last 2 months I've had 2 discs cracked in half, 4 unplayable discs and 2 lost in the mail. Believe it or not, after reporting a damaged disc and then sending it back they actually sent out the exact same copy as a "replacement". I'm going back to netflix next month Sorry RMD it was good while it lasted.
Old 02-16-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For me, check ins are taking about a week before they mark the films as received.

That's one of the main reasons I left Netflix.

RMD had great turn around at their launch. I didn't always get my number 1-10 movies but at least I got some movies quickly.

I'm sure holding the films an extra day or two before mailing them to us saves them tremendous money.
Old 02-17-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Kube
For me, check ins are taking about a week before they mark the films as received.

That's one of the main reasons I left Netflix.

RMD had great turn around at their launch. I didn't always get my number 1-10 movies but at least I got some movies quickly.

I'm sure holding the films an extra day or two before mailing them to us saves them tremendous money.

Thats the ONLY reason I left Netflix. I would have an open slot on my wish list and it would take as long as 5 days sometimes for netflix to release my next dvd. Looks like RMD is heading that way too now. I just had a dvd checked in today and I sent it back in the mail last Monday. Along with having absolutely no titles available I've had enough. NETFLIX here I come (again) I hope the have improved their check-in & check-out process.
Old 02-18-02, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by amplified
I've had the same problems as everyone else. Only 2 out of 32 titles on my wish list are available. It's been like this the last 4 months or so. When I first switched over from Netflix, Rent My DVD was great but it's done nothing but get worse. In the last 2 months I've had 2 discs cracked in half, 4 unplayable discs and 2 lost in the mail. Believe it or not, after reporting a damaged disc and then sending it back they actually sent out the exact same copy as a "replacement". I'm going back to netflix next month Sorry RMD it was good while it lasted.
I just registered with this forum today because I saw all of the posts regarding horrible experiences with RMD. I just cancelled my membership last night because of similar experiences. It is obvious that they are limping along and I do not want to be a part of it. It's really ashame because they are the only service I found that ships out of NJ for that price. It's still not worth it if they can't ship what I want.

Last edited by Skylor; 02-18-02 at 10:14 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.