Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

RentmyDVD.com Inc. More Feedbacks. Please let us know

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

RentmyDVD.com Inc. More Feedbacks. Please let us know

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-02, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my letter and response from RMD:

Dear [email protected],
We would like to notify you that we've updated the answer to the following question.

Question
I've noticed over the past month there has been a severe shortage of in-stock DVDs. Currently I have about 40 titles on my wish list that are all out of stock and have been since last week. Prior to a few months ago, there wasn't really a problem, there would be 10-15 out of 40 titles in stock. Do you have plans on buying more DVDs to replenish your stock? Are you guys going out of business? Whats up? Unfortunately I purchased a 1-year membership from your Xmas promo and fear I'm going to be eating most of the cost of it now as things aren't looking so good.

Answer
Thank you for taking the time to explain your Wish List situation and for expressing your concern regarding our inventory (or lack thereof). I apologize for the fact that your List is looking the way it is and I wish that I could give you a better answer than "we are working with our distributors;" however, the fact is that we are doing our best to keep our customers watching movies.
While it is important to note that inventory fluctuates greatly each day as items come in and go out; we are working quickly to remedy this frustrating situation by ordering many more copies of these High Demand titles.
I apologize for this and I can assure you that we will do our best to make sure you get the movies that you want to watch.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Evelyn Grey
Old 02-18-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Is it me or is that answer beating around the bush? Haven't they been trying to do that for some months now?
Old 02-19-02, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jeraden
Here's my letter and response from RMD:

Dear [email protected],
We would like to notify you that we've updated the answer to the following question.

Question
I've noticed over the past month there has been a severe shortage of in-stock DVDs. Currently I have about 40 titles on my wish list that are all out of stock and have been since last week. Prior to a few months ago, there wasn't really a problem, there would be 10-15 out of 40 titles in stock. Do you have plans on buying more DVDs to replenish your stock? Are you guys going out of business? Whats up? Unfortunately I purchased a 1-year membership from your Xmas promo and fear I'm going to be eating most of the cost of it now as things aren't looking so good.

Answer
Thank you for taking the time to explain your Wish List situation and for expressing your concern regarding our inventory (or lack thereof). I apologize for the fact that your List is looking the way it is and I wish that I could give you a better answer than "we are working with our distributors;" however, the fact is that we are doing our best to keep our customers watching movies.
While it is important to note that inventory fluctuates greatly each day as items come in and go out; we are working quickly to remedy this frustrating situation by ordering many more copies of these High Demand titles.
I apologize for this and I can assure you that we will do our best to make sure you get the movies that you want to watch.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Evelyn Grey
I received a similar response from Evelyn Grey only in the email that was sent to me she said " The important thing is that titles are still being shipped off your wish list"

Yeah, the reason titles are being shipped is because I'm adding titles that I'm not really interested in so I'll have something to ship. I love their logic. I'm not even asking for new releases to be in stock. We are talking titles that have been out on DVD for years along with a few new releases. Like a said in a previous post, I'm done with RMD after this month is up.
Old 02-19-02, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Friends!

This is the same response I got 3 months ago. How long does it take??
Old 02-20-02, 11:00 AM

According to the "Netflix?" thread here, Netflix seems to be shipping from the east coast now as well. If this is true I think I'll try them out. RMD seems to have improved on their supply of brand new releases, but it's still extremely hard to get popular movies released in the last few years.
Old 02-27-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No Matt on in the forum anymore. I cause you can say thats because he's caught between a rock and hard place. I'm sure he's hoping this thread dies a fast death.

All I can say is 1 out of 50 in my wish list are available. Can anyone beat that.

Stock is terrible
Old 02-28-02, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OMG! The movie that has been sitting at #1 on my wish list for the past 6+ months (since whenever I joined) actually shipped today! I guess whoever had it out found it stuffed under their couch cushions and decided to finally return it.
Old 03-01-02, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Added 3 more titles to my wish list and of course all 3 were "high demand"

I now have 0/32 available. I'm so glad this is my last month with RMD.
Old 05-06-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been waiting for 3 days and 50/50 titles continue to be out of stock. I e-mailed CS and they finally responded that I should add more titles - which you cannot do.

These guys are approaching Netflix type problems...it may be time to switch back.
Old 07-01-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the last 2 movies I got were discs I waited almost 2 months for. When they arrived they were both damaged/broken and unaplayable. I am being forced to pay for this crap via my monthly payment. All I get from CS is "we're sorry" " we'll ship the next title on your list". WELL WHAT ABOUT THE TITLES THAT I HAVE WAITED ALL THIS TIME FOR!?!?!? I WANT THEM! I HAVE BEEN PATIENT, NOW I'M PISSED!!