Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

LaLa.com: CD swapping dirt cheap

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

LaLa.com: CD swapping dirt cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 05:09 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love an invite if anyone has one. Thanks!

[email protected]
Old 04-28-06, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts
I finally received a disc with no artwork.

The cdcovers.cc site linked above came through, but the scan quality and image resolution are a lot less than what I'm used to printing here at work. I guess it will have to do.
Old 04-28-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i dont understand why they dont tell you to send at least the back cover. to me thats the most important part since all my cds are on shelves. it wouldnt cost extra for shipping either.
Old 04-28-06, 10:46 PM

Yeah, if they're going to the trouble to send the booklet, why not stick in the tray art? What else are you going to do with it, aside from pitch it? I've been receiving several that way. I'm torn between simply putting them back out for trading and keeping them. Guess it depends on the disc.
Old 04-28-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been sending mine out with inserts/artwork, but then I ran into one I got rid of that came in a digipak, but it didn't fit in the envelope. I had sent a previous one out and was able to fit it in. So I had to send this one out disc-only and felt guilty.
Old 04-29-06, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've bought discs at pawn shops that came with partial artwork. I'll always do my best to send full artwork, but there might be times I don't have it all. I sent a disc to someone the other day and he specifically didn't want the artwork. I guess I'll just toss the inserts in the garbage because it's something I'll never want back. Feels weird doing that.

Jeraden, I had a digipak issue this past week. It didn't fit, so I cut a piece of paper and taped it on the end to fill up the space where the flap wouldn't fit over the pak. Still only cost 24 cents extra.
Old 05-01-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Vryce
I received recently, Enuff Z'Nuff's first cd. From your list, I marked Firehouse, Nelson, and one more I think.
Well, the three CDs popped up this morning and by the time I clicked ship it said someone else had already shipped it. That was for one of them, Nelson I think, my list refreshed and the other two disappeared. Did someone ship the other two as well or did you reach your limit?
Old 05-01-06, 07:36 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Michael. Yeah.. I think I hit my limit.

I have 8 cds on the way to me, and then 7 that are on their way to someone else from me.

Its pissing me off on 2 of them that I shipped out, the people still haven't marked them as received even though cds I shipped out before them have been received.

I think I will be sending my first cd to a DVDTalk member. El Scorcho is on my list to ship a cd to.
Old 05-01-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Same here. I have 4 that should have been received by mid last week. Two of them were two that I shipped in the paper sleeves. The other one I did in the sleeve seemed to arrived okay.

It has opened up a bit for me. I have 8 that are "in transit" and another that it is allowing me to ship(I'm keeping it though). Only have one on its way to me though.
Old 05-01-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Signed up a couple days ago (username is the same as here) and added a single CD and was surprised to see it has shipped to me already. Waiting to get the shipping supplies and I will start to add some CDs to ship out.

I did not see it in the policies, is there any official word on promo copies (full CDs with the slash in the barcode)? I have won some lots on eBay and they sometimes include these which I might want to get rid of.
Old 05-01-06, 09:56 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I don't think there is. Just send people a message that you have a promo copy and ask if they still want it.

that is what one person did for a cd he had that I wanted. he asked if I still wanted him to send it or if he should cancel it. I said go ahead and ship it and appreceiated the notice.

I think as long as you let the person know and give them the option to accept or decline, that should be cool enough.
Old 05-01-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vryce
I don't think there is. Just send people a message that you have a promo copy and ask if they still want it.

that is what one person did for a cd he had that I wanted. he asked if I still wanted him to send it or if he should cancel it. I said go ahead and ship it and appreceiated the notice.

I think as long as you let the person know and give them the option to accept or decline, that should be cool enough.
Thanks. I went ahead and did just that with one of the CDs that somebody wanted.
Old 05-02-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

What's wrong with promo copies? The disc is the same as retail correct? The only difference is a seal/stamp on the book indicating it and a punch or such through the UPC.

I received one promo so far from here. No biggie to me. I did send out a non-remaster the other day. Not sure how that will go over. I guess I should have emailed first.
Old 05-02-06, 07:12 AM

Actually LaLa's official stance on promos is as follows:

"What is the Policy on Promotional CDs?
'la la' does not allow shipping Promo CDs in trades, and request members not to ship these. If you receive a Promotional Disc, please mark the condition as 'Wrong CD' and we'll re-add the disc to your Want List."

It's under SHIPPING in the FAQ.
Old 05-02-06, 07:18 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Evil
Actually LaLa's official stance on promos is as follows:

"What is the Policy on Promotional CDs?
'la la' does not allow shipping Promo CDs in trades, and request members not to ship these. If you receive a Promotional Disc, please mark the condition as 'Wrong CD' and we'll re-add the disc to your Want List."

It's under SHIPPING in the FAQ.

Ahh.. well.. I stand corrected. Guess I need to read up on that more. But I probably skimmed over that part of the policy as I don't have nor ever get any promo cds.
Old 05-02-06, 08:42 AM

That being said. I wouldn't have a problem with receving a promo either. But we all have to play by the rules.
Old 05-02-06, 11:56 AM

Why don't we just all do more trading through this forum. There's a great trade forum in the stickey. I have lots of good stuff and I just want stuff I don't have to put in my wma library for my mp3 player. I expected to get some offers, but nothing. Just curious why? thanks
Old 05-02-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, one person may not have what I want even though I have something they want. For example, I have 3 discs on my list Vryce wanted, but he doesn't have anything I want, but another user may. That is the brilliance of lala. I send him what he wants, and eventually someone will send me something I want.
Old 05-02-06, 12:35 PM
Banned

This CD has been so-so for me. Some discs arrive fine with liner notes, some w/o liners, some with no tray insert (but with the liners), and I had a few arrive yesterday heavily scratched. No liner notes is a risk I'm taking with this service, but what is wrong with people that they would send discs scratched beyond recognition?
Old 05-02-06, 12:50 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

It is a neat system.

Michael: You missed your chance again to offload a cd. I've got Nelson's After the Rain on the way to me from another member. in 34 total cds sent/received, I've only encountered one DVDTalk member I'm aware of.
Old 05-02-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That's why I asked above. I saw Nelson in my queue and clicked "ship it" and it took me to a screen that said another member has already agreed to ship it. I never thought I would get rid of that one. But you never know, you wanted it, so surely there is someone else out there begging for some Nelson action.

I've found it is better to check the site periodically throughout the day vs. waiting for an email saying a member wants a cd.
Old 05-02-06, 01:51 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

While you were laughing at that, I was laughing at the same thing that there was another person with it in their have list.

Since I saw its on the way, I've got the darn song of theirs stuck in my head now. *hums* can't live without your love and affection

It's a cheesy cd, but I'm on a strange kick listening to stuff I used to listen to. Besides, they are such pretty women.
Old 05-02-06, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Vryce and Michael:

Did you see this post in the Lala feedback forum:

I finally got rid of it!!!
5/02/2006 1:38 PM
We all have a cd that we bought and within a few days/weeks we found ourselves wondering why we bought it in the first place. For me the stand out cd is Nelson's "After The Rain". I tried selling it multiple times at used cd stores but they would never take it because they said it sat on their shelves collecting dust. I just agreed to ship it meaning that my 10 year quest to get rid of it is finally over! (No offense if you like Nelson by the way) I love LaLa!!!

Old 05-02-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nope. Not me, but that about sums it up. Too funny. Must be the guy that sent it to Vryce.
Old 05-02-06, 02:54 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Probably is, the timing is perfect. His LaLa name is Tim.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.