Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

A Perfect Circle new album & more!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

A Perfect Circle new album & more!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-04, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not one who hates Billy's vocals, but his range does leave something to be desired.

I think the main problem is the fact that somethings just don't click. You have to ask yourself what they was smoking when they done 'People are People', why would they ever think that the "lalala" would work? It ruins a possibly decent cover. Then there is 'Let's have a War' or 'Freedom Of Choice' that not only don't sound like APC, but could be mistaken for any other band. It simply does not work.. That is not to say that there is not some good points to the album, their cover of John Lennon's 'Imagine' is great, as is 'When the Leeve Breaks' and one can't forget to mention the only original material, 'Passive', which could of easily fit somewhere on APC's previous album.
Old 11-06-04, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by db27
and this, is why MUSIC ROCKS. great to one, is garbage to another.
Precisely - this is why I'm sitting here blown away by the new Helmet CD for the past month, and a lot of people are 50-50 on it...and why I worship the deftones.

And I think for once, I won't harp on people for liking something I don't...lol

I seriously do respect your opinion on that...now if you were to say "creed rocks" or something, then I'd lay into ya. lol

Last edited by lordzeppelin; 11-06-04 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-06-04, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by lordzeppelin
Precisely - this is why I'm sitting here blown away by the new Helmet CD for the past month, and a lot of people are 50-50 on it...and why I worship the deftones.

And I think for once, I won't harp on people for liking something I don't...lol

I seriously do respect your opinion on that...now if you were to say "creed rocks" or something, then I'd lay into ya. lol
right on!

I do however think that Creed's debut CD is fantastic, that was before Stapp thought he was God.
Old 11-06-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

right on!

I do however think that Creed's debut CD is fantastic, that was before Stapp thought he was God.
What did I say? Creed sucks and so do you!

Last edited by lordzeppelin; 11-06-04 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by lordzeppelin
What did I say? Creed sucks and so do you!
wo0t!
Old 11-07-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok...I'm just curious for an update on what's left to be released...

There's a DVD (live performance?) and a remix cd of some sort as well? When are these expected out?
Old 11-07-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The dvd is basically a collection of music videos and one live performance. The CD is a bunch of previously released remixes and 2 new ones. It comes out this Tuesday the 16th.
Old 11-07-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
At first listen, (finally) I'm really liking this album, Billy's vocals have got to go but so far:
Old 11-14-04, 11:30 PM

I just got the aMotion remix CD, and since I haven't seen the track list posted here yet, here it is:

01. Judith (Renholder Mix) 04:25
02. 3 Libras (Feel My Ice Dub Mix) 04:28
03. The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix) 05:28
04. Weak And Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix) 03:05
05. The Outsider (Frosted Yougurt Mix) 04:08
06. Blue (Bird Shake Mix) 03:57
07. 3 Libras (All Main Courses Mix) 07:17
08. The Hollow (Constantly Consuming Mix) 03:40
09. The Hollow (The Bunk Mix) 03:12

Total running time = 39:40
Old 11-14-04, 11:40 PM
Suspended

After a few weeks now, eMOTIVe is really starting to grow on me. Especially "When The Levee Breaks". Looking forward to aMOTION tuesday
Old 11-15-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MJKTool
After a few weeks now, eMOTIVe is really starting to grow on me. Especially "When The Levee Breaks". Looking forward to aMOTION tuesday
levee is frickin' awesome, I'm often flipping between that song and "passive" which is amazing. I also love "fiddle and the drum" even with no music it blows me away.

will of course be picking up aMOTION this week as well. Duh! I'm psyched the heavy mix of W&P is on it, I love that version. Mostly in it for the DVD though.
Old 11-15-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

heads up for folks buying aMOTION tomorrow, it is available in both DVD style digipack and standard CD jewel case
Old 11-16-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heads up for folks buying aMOTION tomorrow, it is available in both DVD style digipack and standard CD jewel case
Anyone found the digipack one yet? I just ran by BB on the way to work, and they only had the jewel case version.

I'd much rather have the digipack, since it's a dvd, it'll go in my dvd collection, and not my cd collection.
Old 11-16-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Shagrath
Anyone found the digipack one yet? I just ran by BB on the way to work, and they only had the jewel case version.

I'd much rather have the digipack, since it's a dvd, it'll go in my dvd collection, and not my cd collection.
we got both versions at my store (Coconuts)
Old 11-16-04, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Circuit City has the Digipack version but it is 19.99. I thought someone had it for 14.99 but I may be wrong.
Old 11-17-04, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did anybody have a problem with gettig aMOTION? I went to best buy and looked and looked and the only thing I found was eMOTIVE. So I asked the sales person for aMOTION and she pointed me to eMOTIVE, "No" I said "aMOTION" and she looked at me like I was retarted. Finally she called her manager that came over with a little clipboard with their Sunday flyer and he looked and looked and could not find it even in their flyer, when I know damn well it's in there. I had to physically rip it from his hands, remove it from the clip board and show him that the clip was covering the ad for aMOTION.

Finally they checked the computer and they saw they had 50 copies ordered but nobody knew where they were at. Apparently somebody stocked all eMOTIVE and didn't stock aMOTION because they thought they were the same album. Damn it, Best Buy people suck!
Old 11-17-04, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually had the problem at Circuit City. I ended up finding it in the Dvd section under music/special interest. The guy even looked it up with the part number and it showed no copies on hand.
Old 11-17-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man Best buy only had the CD jewel case version out here. I really hate that. I didn't like it with the Primus dvd either. It's a frickin dvd with a bonus cd, not the other way around.

I picked it up anyway, and maybe I'll just make my own case for it. I also picked up the new Primus Hallucinogenetics dvd, Slayers Still Reighning, and the Axis of Justice cd/dvd.
Old 11-17-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

anyone figure out how to access "video clips (part two)" yet?

I know its got to be on it, why else would they say part one?

AGH!

Great DVD by the way, watched all the content (minus any eggs, and commentaries) Looking forward to both though.

Haven't popped in the CD yet.
Old 11-20-04, 01:01 AM
Suspended

anyone figure out how to access "video clips (part two)" yet?

I know its got to be on it, why else would they say part one?

AGH!

Great DVD by the way, watched all the content (minus any eggs, and commentaries) Looking forward to both though.

Haven't popped in the CD yet.
The commentaries might possibly be my favorite part of the dvd, except fot the live clip. Pretty interesting stuff about the songs meanings.

Regarding the video clips (part 2). Im pretty sure they are not on this dvd but will be on the live apc dvd in the future.

Last edited by MJKTool; 11-20-04 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-20-04, 01:12 AM

I was going to purchase this for my brother for Christmas from DDD, but for some reason they have it listed as a preorder for December 14th (I wanted to use the 20% off coupon.) Anyone know if there is a way to let them know they're wrong? Or is this some kind of limited release?

thanks
Old 11-21-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Ergyu
Man Best buy only had the CD jewel case version out here. I really hate that.
I went back to BB on Friday, hoping they finally got the digipack version in, and they didn't have any out, so I asked one of the employees if they had seen it at all. He looked in the system, and they had a bunch of them in stock, but just none on the shelves. So he went in the back, dug around for like ten minutes, and finally came out with one for me, and one to stick on the shelves.

Then, when I got to the counter to pay, they tried to say it was 19.99 (ad said 14.99), so I guess that UPC hadn't been put in the system as part of the sale. I told him the price was supposed to be 14.99, showed him their own ad, and he changed it.
Old 01-25-05, 02:40 AM

Here's a link for the new video for Passive, I just wish it was bigger:

http://www.fanscape.com/Music/Altern...le/320161.aspx

I didn't know they were even making a video for this song, let alone that it was going to be in Constantine.