DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   A Perfect Circle new album & more!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/374767-perfect-circle-new-album-more.html)

MJKTool 07-14-04 02:14 PM

A Perfect Circle new album & more!!

Taken from http://www.aperfectcircle.net/

OK, I'd really rather sit on this one until I have all the details nailed down, but I have to let you guys know that I might have been wrong to call the new album rumors bullshit. Virgin has basically confirmed that, despite logic, a genuine new album by A Perfect Circle is to be released November 2nd, along with a remix album and the live DVD. I have no idea how this is possible, but the more I look into it, the more it seems like it's somehow true. Maynard and Billy are both contractually obligated for one more APC record under Virgin, but Maynard is hard at work recording with Tool, and Billy already has a lot of work planned for this summer, personally and professionally. I expect some hardcore speculation as this news circulates, but I'll do all that i can to separate fact from fiction and keep you all informed. More on this to come.
Wow, hope this turns out true!!

Capo2002 07-14-04 04:46 PM

I think this is just a rumour, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Deftones 07-14-04 06:15 PM

wow, that would be pretty damn sweet if it were true.

Ergyu 07-14-04 06:50 PM

They are probably leftover recordings from the 13th step sessions. I can't see how they could have written and recorded a whole new album anytime recently. Hopefully this is true though, because I'm sure whatever they put out will be interesting.

MJKTool 07-14-04 09:52 PM

Originally posted by Capo2002
I think this is just a rumour, I wouldn't hold my breath.
I'm holding my breath. Sounds like a definete possibility if Virgin is basically saying its so to this site owner, who is listed on APC's official web site by the way. A New album & live DVD! Damn Merry X-Mas! Hope its true, crosses fingers~~

SomeVoices 07-14-04 11:34 PM

Holy crap! Excellent news! I wonder though, perhaps there was some confusion and the new album is the remix album rather than one with new material and a remix one. Although, apparently Virgin is saying otherwise. But, even if that's the case, I'd be happy even if it was only a live dvd and remix album.

Ergyu 07-15-04 12:00 AM

Possibly having new 2 new NIN releases and 3 new APC releases in the same month could drive me to unload all kinds of ejaculate on EVERYONE'S forhead!

LivingINClip 07-15-04 01:30 AM

2 Nin releases?

And I remember a interview saying how a lot was cut on the 13TH Step sessions, so I would expect left over material...Then Danny Lohner had already said he was in the works of doing a complete remix album of 13th step and as for a live DVD - both times I saw them they was recording.

Lateralus 07-15-04 06:49 AM

My money is on a remix album and a live DVD about a month or two before Christmas.

Capo2002 07-15-04 07:37 AM

I'm just waiting for the new Tool album, that's what I really care about. :)

db27 07-15-04 10:29 AM

nice! hope it is legit

iggystar 07-15-04 12:07 PM

Yes, a new APC album!

MJKTool 07-15-04 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Capo2002
I'm just waiting for the new Tool album, that's what I really care about. :)
Don't forget that live DVD as well! Good time to be a fan of both bands! :D

gmal2003 07-16-04 10:14 AM

Sounds great. I just hope they dont rush them to put out an abum that would lack in quality.

Ergyu 07-16-04 10:24 AM

Originally posted by LivingINClip
2 Nin releases?

And I remember a interview saying how a lot was cut on the 13TH Step sessions, so I would expect left over material...Then Danny Lohner had already said he was in the works of doing a complete remix album of 13th step and as for a live DVD - both times I saw them they was recording.

This fall The Downward Spiral is being released in a 2 disc deluxe 5.1 Surround sound edition. Don't know if it's SACD or DVD-A yet though. Closure is finally coming to dvd at the same time as well.

MJKTool 07-16-04 12:16 PM

Originally posted by gmal2003
Sounds great. I just hope they dont rush them to put out an abum that would lack in quality.
Although I loved the concept theme of 13th Step I certainly wouldnt mind an album similar to Mer de Noms again which didnt take that long at all to make.

TripWire 07-16-04 12:56 PM

Billy Howerdel wrote Mer de Noms in a course of over 10 years...kinda a long time.

MJKTool 07-16-04 01:54 PM

I meant the actual process of recording the record. And he didnt write all those songs over the course of ten years. He had ideas and framework for some of them, but it wasnt until Maynard and the rest of em came in and polished it all off very quickly that they came to be. I have no doubt these guys write and jam enough on the road to come up with some good stuff. These guys are pros they know what it takes.

Ergyu 07-16-04 06:07 PM

Originally posted by TripWire
Billy Howerdel wrote Mer de Noms in a course of over 10 years...kinda a long time.
Kinda....he had really long songs, 30+ minutes and such, that he envisioned using for as score for movies and such. Pieces of those tracks turned into songs on the record when it came time to actually make an album.

theneobez 07-16-04 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Ergyu
Possibly having new 2 new NIN releases and 3 new APC releases in the same month could drive me to unload all kinds of ejaculate on EVERYONE'S forhead!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SomeVoices 07-18-04 11:55 PM

New album after all!! And Paz will contribute to portions of it.

From www.aperfectcircle.net

We finally have the details all of you have been hounding us for. This evening, Maynard appeared at the Axis Of Justice show in Hollywood, where he sang the Joni Mitchell song The Fiddle And The Drum a capella, as well as U2's Where The Streets Have No Name, along with Tom Morello, Serj Tankian, and Pete Yorn (Serj and Pete did most of the singing however). During his solo performance, he announced that A Perfect Circle was recording an album of "political" songs which they hope to release before November of this year. So there you have it, a new album from APC is indeed on the way. Thanks to Eugenie De Franval for all the details. Furthermore, RoadRunner Records has confirmed the tracklist for the Resident Evil: Apocalypse soundtrack, due out August 31st, and it is to feature a Danny Lohner remix of The Outsider. The full tracklist can be viewed here. Also, MTV2's Headbanger's Ball Vol. 2 compilation CD shall feature Weak And Powerless. The tracklist for that compilation, due out September 28th, can be viewed here. Thanks to Nameless. Finally, for clarity, the live DVD and APC remix album from Danny Lohner are now both confirmed for a November release as well.
All political songs, should be interesting.

MJKTool 07-19-04 12:45 AM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gmal2003 07-19-04 05:06 PM

This may sound foolish but by calling 13th Step a concept album were you referring to its running theme of drug addiction? I am excited about this new one. I just started listening to them as i still need to get Mar de Noms. I guess Ill get into that for the next 3 1/2 months until this new one.

MJKTool 07-19-04 05:55 PM

Originally posted by gmal2003
This may sound foolish but by calling 13th Step a concept album were you referring to its running theme of drug addiction?
Yes and no, not necessarily drug addiction, but any kind of addiction.

MJKTool 08-26-04 12:56 PM

New info:

November 2nd, coinciding with the presidential election, APC will be releasing a collection of songs about WAR, PEACE, LOVE AND GREED, entitled "eMOTIVe." Featuring new material and songs like "imagine" by John Lennon, "What's goin on" by Marvin Gaye, "Let's have a war" by FEAR. This week we will release one of these new songs songs entitled, "Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums," with an animated video poking fun at our fearless leader. Hopefully, you'll find it as entertaining as we do.