Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Fred Durst has lost it

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Fred Durst has lost it

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-03, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew
This happened to me, I bought the first two albums because I thought swearing was cool. I have outgrown Bizkit and now realize how childish Durst really is.
Indeed. It was so embarrassing the way he picked fights with other bands. First Creed. Then NIN. But boy did Trent Rezner ever shut him up.
Old 07-30-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
What did reznor do? I missed that.
Old 07-30-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by Joeboo835
What did reznor do? I missed that.
It's been a while. I can't remember verbatim what was said exactly. But after Fred made numerous swipes at Trent (and NIN), Trent made some comment about Fred being a tool and writing songs such as "Break Stuff". I haven't really heard anything from Durst since. But if you do a search on Google about the feud between the two, you'll find some pretty interesting comments. I especially enjoyed the following that I found on Fred:

http://www.amiannoying.com/(2fdpm2benbmr25a1gqw3qm55)/view.aspx?ID=3437

Last edited by Daytripper; 07-30-03 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-30-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...px?news=129738

Durst Pelted With Garbage
Jul 29, 11:53 AM EST

CHICAGO (AP) -- Fred Durst must have been having a really bad day when the Summer Sanitarium tour stopped outside Chicago Saturday.

The Chicago Sun-Times describes Durst as having a tantrum on stage and ending Limp Bizkit's set after just 20 minutes. The report says heckling fans throwing garbage gave Durst a rough reception.

At first, Durst encouraged the abuse, then offered to fight anyone within earshot while yelling curses and sexual putdowns.

According to the report, "Had the villain in 'The Wizard of Oz' been a vile little boob like Durst rather than a snarly old lady in greenface, the movie's 'I'm melting!' scene might have looked like this."

The band left the stage early and Durst continued to curse the fans from the wings until someone took the microphone. That meant the crowd had to wait more than an hour before Metallica took the stage.

No comment from Limp Bizkit's representatives.

What a little biatch!!!
Old 08-09-03, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw the Seattle concert and guess what? Nobody booed LB, even though they sucked. To be honest, I can't envision the set LB would perform in which I didn't say they sucked. I think most people were distracted by other cool events or because LB came on so early couldn't be bothered with energy to send them pain.

Oh, and Metallica is the real deal, holy sh^t they rocked!
Old 08-09-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I must've missed the memo that Limp Bizkit wasn't 'in' anymore. I must remember to jot that down. Seriously - I don't understand why everyone hates Fred. Not that I ever liked him, but I never disliked him either... I never really cared or thought about him. Eh - there's about a dozen bands that sound like LB, so I guess it's no big loss.
Old 08-09-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate LImp Bizkit now, they've changed their sound so much :-/
Old 08-09-03, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trigger - "I don't understand why everyone hates Fred."

Well where do I begine. First off I'm not a LB fan, and never have been. I can't stand Nu-Metal.

I don't know about other parts of the country, but here in Hampton Rhoads Va., little ol' Fred is hated for good reason. It started way back when they were on that tour, I forget what it was called, where they had a bunch of nu-metal bands with them. I happened to catch him getting interviewed outside the show, by our local corporite radio station, and boy what an ass did he make of himself. He broke into a tyrade(sp?) a little way into the interview, when he noticed that the band Korn had a bigger sticker on thier(radio stations) van, than LB did. He got pissed, and began to belittle the DJ to the point she almost seemed to be in tears. Then he began to belittle the radio station, and the entire area, and rant on about how Korn was the headliner of the tour last year, and this year it is LB, and thier sticker should be bigger, and bla bla bla. He used so much foul language, and the station wasn't on a delay, it was live. He was completely unprofessional, and was acting like a child. His ranting was played by the station for days afterwords, and it left a bad tast in everyones mouth from around here. Sad thing is the radio station is so corporite, they still played LB's crapy music anyhow.

Now if that wasn't enough. Fast forward a few years, to when Fred held those contests for fans to get a chance to become the new LB guitar player. He brought his little contest to town, to the delight of many guitarists in the area. The winner was to go to N.Y. for the final cut, to become LB's new axe man. Well, wouldn't you know it, nobody got to go. Mr. Ego, Fred Durst, decided he wanted to be an ******* again. Once again unprovoked by anything, he went off on everyone, belittleing all the contestents, saying they couldn't play, and none of them were good enough or deserved to be in LB. He hadn't even heard everone yet. He had foul words, yet again, for the radio station, and the entire area. He went back on his word, and didn't even pick a winner, was being a complete jack ass to his fans, and acted as if he never even wanted to be there, yet it was he and his mangement who set the thing up. He showed a complete lack of respect for everything, and once again made a speckticle(sp?) of himself, while acting like a child. The funny thing is, this time the radio station, and I'm not kidding here, called his mother. They got hold of his mother and did a little interview with her on the air with her. She was very nice, and said sorry for her sons actions. She was shocked as any mother would be.

Well there. That is some of the reasons why I hate Fred 'the Punk" Durst. He's a spoiled brat who's 15 minutes of fame are up. Thank God!

Really I can't wait untill all these nu-metal rap bands 15 minutes are up as well, so we can get some bands with real talent into the spotlight.
Old 08-09-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Oh - I thought it was for the video where he danced like Vanilla Ice.
Old 07-28-21, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 725 Likes on 591 Posts
Re: Fred Durst has lost it

I guess he still has fans

I googled and he has had some hot exes as wifes while we tear him down

Durst has recently been in the news for non-mustache reasons: Not only has their disastrous Woodstock '99 set been getting attention thanks to the recently-released documentary about the festival, but Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland blamed Durst for the band's lack of recent music releases during a June appearance on the Drinks with Johnny podcast.The 50-year-old Limp Bizkit frontman debuted a head-turning new do — wavy salt-and-pepper locks accompanied by a horseshoe-style mustache — on Instagram after completely scrubbing his account of other pictures prior to the early morning post.

"thinking about you 70," Durst captioned the picture of himself looking off into the distance in an orange button-down shirt.

The bio listed on his page perfectly encapsulates the "Counterfeit" singer's current aesthetic as well: "you're confused? classic ☕️."

Durst has recently been in the news for non-mustache reasons: Not only has their disastrous Woodstock '99 set been getting attention thanks to the recently-released documentary about the festival, but Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland blamed Durst for the band's lack of recent music releases during a June appearance on the Drinks with Johnny podcast.
"Fred has been consistently kind of unsatisfied with where the vision, is I guess," Borland said. Later, he added that they've been in the studio just seven times in the last 10 years, and explained, "We probably have 35 songs recorded instrumentally, and he's done vocals on them, and then thrown the vocals away. Done vocals and then go, 'F--- this! Throw it away.'"

That said, Borland said he still gets along "great" with Durst. The "Break Stuff" guitarist suggested the band will finish their untitled album soon, though there's no official release date.

"I think he's finally at the point now where he's gonna pick a set of these songs that he's finally cool with, and finish them," he told the host, Avenged Sevenfold's Johnny Christ. "And we're gonna finish a record. So, fingers crossed."

Limp Bizkit returns to touring at the end of this week, kicking off at Lollapalooza in Chicago and traveling around the country before the first week of October. Borland is hopeful the band's new album will come together afterward, though he isn't sure when exactly that will be.

"I'm not in charge of Fred's vocals," he said. "You know, it's f---ing Fred Durst. He went from being like a darling to everybody's most hated person in the world. We broke up as a band. He's trying to find his footing, I think, on a bunch of these songs. He's so talented and I love him so much as a brother, but if he's not ready to do it, he's not ready to do it."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...184043750.html

Old 07-28-21, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Didn’t realize Limp Bizkit was even still together honestly. There was a brief time where I liked some of their songs that were used in early 2000s era wrestling (their cover of Faith, Rollin’, and My Way), but overall I wouldn’t call myself a fan.
Old 07-28-21, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Wes Borland was the best part of that band.
Old 07-29-21, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe Borland should have joined another band and people would recognize his talents outside of Bizkit.

I was never a huge fan either and surprised they still have enough fans to do gigs.
Old 07-29-21, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm an unabashed Limp Bizkit fan. They are also one of the few bands I have wanted to see live but never got the chance. Fred lives in some eastern European country and they do shows around that area alot, but here in the states he only plays the occasional festival. They are playing Blue Ridge Rock Festival and its only 2 hours from me, but I was disappointed to see the setlist they generally play. I was shocked to see so many off Chocolate Starfish, which is the album they lost me. Even more shocking was it's rare to see them play anything off Three Dollar Bill Ya'll (even Faith) and they play more covers than songs off Significant Other.

Speaking to having enough fans, I think alot of it has to do with the fact that they disappeared for a good 15 years, so now when they come back and play people tend to come as there are alot of people like me that LB was their first exposure to metal.

Last edited by beavis69; 07-29-21 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-29-21, 08:37 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Damn, I thought the update was that he finally found it.
Old 07-29-21, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I'm not really a fan of Limp Bizkit, but I think they'd be a lot of fun to see live.
Old 07-29-21, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,891 Posts

I always thought Wes Borland would have been a good fit with Rob Zombie. Or even Ozzy or Alice Cooper.

I think he was with Marilyn Manson for a while, too. (And spoke out against MM when all of the shit started coming out.)
Old 07-30-21, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Fred’s wearing a hairpiece in that photo, no?

ive always felt sort of bad for Fred Durst, he always tries so hard to impress people and be taken seriously but it never works. If all of a sudden the entire planet turned on me I can’t say I’d handle it much better. But the Elvis and Cobain tattoos, all the later albums, the sex tape, the stalking of Halle Berry. He brought a lot of it on himself and this isn’t a word I use willy nilly, but he’s a real poseur.
Old 07-30-21, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Maybe Borland should have joined another band and people would recognize his talents outside of Bizkit.

I was never a huge fan either and surprised they still have enough fans to do gigs.

Big Dumb Face was pretty cool. All the experimental shit Borland did outside of LB was awesome.
Old 07-30-21, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe since I thought he was bald and he wore hats most of the time

Speaking to having enough fans, I think alot of it has to do with the fact that they disappeared for a good 15 years, so now when they come back and play people tend to come as there are alot of people like me that LB was their first exposure to metal.
Hope it was a gateway to discover true metal bands like Pantera, Sabbath, Ozzy etc and you ditched Bizkit
Old 08-02-21, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I'm not really a fan of Limp Bizkit, but I think they'd be a lot of fun to see live.
Nevermind. I just saw some video of their most recent show, and half the band looks bored as hell.
Old 08-02-21, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't think they looked bored at all. That's a great crowd they had at Lollapalooza '21:

Borland rocked. That's a new drummer. Apparently Sam Rivers on bass had a liver transplant a couple of years ago. He's a rail.
The following users liked this post:
EdTheRipper (08-02-21)
Old 08-02-21, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I just came across the full stream, and you're right, they don't look bored throughout a lot of it. The 6-7 clips I saw earlier must have just been poorly selected.
Old 08-02-21, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

They are playing Stubbs in Austin in a few weeks. I really want to go.
Old 08-02-21, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Awful wig on Durst.
The following users liked this post:
Cusm (10-15-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.