Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movie Theaters

Old 03-31-24, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Movie Theaters

Once the Country Club Plaza sale is completed my dream would be if the Alamo Drafthouse took over the theater there that use to be run by Cinemark. Seems doubtful but one can only dream it would happen.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 03-31-24 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-01-24, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 853 Posts
Re: Movie Theaters

As I have lamented frequently on here, AMC is our ONLY option in Springfield. I used to drive 30 minutes to Lincoln for an independent, or an hour to Bloomington for a Marcus Imax screen just to avoid going to AMC. A-List broke me though.

20 minutes after listed showtime is the norm here. I saw 25 once and Oppenheimer was more like 15 (which means I missed the first 5 minutes).

The independent theaters I used to work for were the best. We strived for 10-15 minutes of trailers and intros, the owner wouldn't do commercials, and showtime was showtime. If it was a 7:00 showtime, pre-show started at 6:45 and the studio logos better be on the screen by 7:01.